Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Bayonetta 2, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby, Zelda Hyrule Warrior, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse Pre-order Bonus $10 - $20 @ Kmart.com

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 htz

htz

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:11 AM

lK4Vs8f.pngqKX7yLO.png

Some new games added to the Kmart Pre-order Bonus promotion. Kmart also messed up the Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire offer, it is stacking the promo twice to make it $20 instead of $10.

HDqmsPp.png

Sold by Kmart. Limit 1. The SYWR points are valid on select items only. Points expire 2 weeks after release date.  Offer Valid for Shop Your Way Rewards members only. Must be logged into your SYWR member profile to receive this special points offer.

#2 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:20 AM

Essentially $20 for Pokemon is nice. Shipping hurts though at $5. Makes it basically $45 out of pocket, $20 back. At BBY it is just a flat $32, so $7 more but not locked into KMart and less actual cash spent (unless you have kmart credit already of course).

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:21 AM

Essentially $20 for Pokemon is nice. Shipping hurts though at $5. Makes it basically $45 out of pocket, $20 back. At BBY it is just a flat $32, so $7 more but not locked into KMart and less actual cash spent (unless you have kmart credit already of course).

If you were interested in multiple games you should be able to order all of them that you want and get the right amount of points and free shipping.

While this worked out well for me on MK8 I just don't know that I want to bother this time around.  Spending the points was kind of a pain in the butt and between GCU and inevitable holiday sales it will be a lot less hassle most likely.

Edit- That are a Target B2G1 at the beginning and end of the holiday season are inevitable.

Edit Edit- Just caught the detail about $20 back on Pokemon and that does make it a lot more tempting.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#4 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:22 AM

If you were interested in multiple games you should be able to order all of them that you want and get the right amount of points.

I assume you mean to get free shipping?

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#5 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:26 AM

I assume you mean to get free shipping?

Yeah, you quoted me while I was editing.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Trade List

#6 abbabaab

abbabaab

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:05 AM

Meh. Curse the forum's limit on displaying thread titles. It cuts off right before the Kmart part so for a moment I got all excited that Best Buy was starting to offer pre-order RZCs on Nintendo games, too.

#7 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:18 AM

Meh. Curse the forum's limit on displaying thread titles. It cuts off right before the Kmart part so for a moment I got all excited that Best Buy was starting to offer pre-order RZCs on Nintendo games, too.

If only.

Still hesitant to order Pokemon just because this seems like something Kmart's really going to cancel a lot of orders over or only give $10 of points on and then not want to give you all your money back if you try to return it.

Trade List

#8 ShadowEX

ShadowEX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:36 AM

Man, I don't know which version of Pokémon to get. So I order both to get free shipping, input code "10POINTS" and will get $48 back in SYWR points. :D

fs_overall.png

fss.png

#9 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:38 AM

In for both. Getting back $54 in points with free shipping. Thanks op I never had a problem with kmart so I dont expect to now

#10 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:46 AM

In for both. Getting back $54 in points with free shipping. Thanks op I never had a problem with kmart so I dont expect to now

$54?  How are you managing that one?

Trade List

#11 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:59 AM

Had a preloaded SYWR coupon that stacked

#12 JakeM17

JakeM17

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:06 AM

Can you use points or Paypal for a pre order?

#13 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:13 AM

Can you use points or Paypal for a pre order?

You can but if those points expire before the game ships it might cancel the order, affect the amount of points you get back, or go through just fine.  With MK8 the second happened to me and other people reported the first and third.

Trade List

#14 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:18 AM

Had a preloaded SYWR coupon that stacked

More specifically, $10 in points on $50 electronics purchase plus base and sears charge bonuses

#15 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:22 AM

Would anyone want to go in on it with me? I only want one of the Pokemon games and rarely ever shop at K-Mart. I would gladly pay $25 (inc shipping) for one of the Pokemon games.

I figure if someone only wants one and wants to also get free shipping it's a win-win for everyone.

You get the game, $48 in points, and only really spend $64 or so ($84-20) Factor in the $48 in points and it's like $16 for your copy. Just putting it out there. Thanks!

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#16 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:36 AM

Would anyone want to go in on it with me? I only want one of the Pokemon games and rarely ever shop at K-Mart. I would gladly pay $25 (inc shipping) for one of the Pokemon games.

I figure if someone only wants one and wants to also get free shipping it's a win-win for everyone.

You get the game, $48 in points, and only really spend $64 or so ($84-20) Factor in the $48 in points and it's like $16 for your copy. Just putting it out there. Thanks!

Hmm, that's awful tempting.

Trade List

#17 JakeM17

JakeM17

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:49 AM

You can but if those points expire before the game ships it might cancel the order, affect the amount of points you get back, or go through just fine.  With MK8 the second happened to me and other people reported the first and third.

Thanks for the answer. They expire before the game comes out but i chatted with a few reps and they told me that it would go through fine. Still not sure though based on what other people have said.

#18 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:24 AM

Well I blame Saix for having just ordered both Pokemon games.  Really too bad it's not inadvertently doubling up the points on the WiiU games or other pre-orders.

Thanks for the answer. They expire before the game comes out but i chatted with a few reps and they told me that it would go through fine. Still not sure though based on what other people have said.

Yeah, they're so wildly inconsistent that it's all kind of a toss up.

Trade List

#19 Eternal Session

Eternal Session

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:40 AM

Seriously. With GCU and rewards zone certs, I could have preordered both Pokemon games, despite having no time to play them, since they (almost) never drop in price.

#20 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

i dont know if this will help anybody, but there is a code for $10 off a purchase of $75 EXCLUSIVE10, it says its an email exclusive offer, but i doubt there is any way for them to track that if its a code. should work well for 2x pokemon games. runs from 7/3 to 7/6, excludes gaming hardware but doesnt say anything about software. also excludes great price, clearance and hot buys.

also, i know im beating a dead horse here, but if you have a closing kmart near by that is giving out the coupon books, there is a $20 off $50 that works on this order. i just bought one of each of the pokemon games for $63.04, getting back $51.20 in points. hopefully they dont cancel it.

#21 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

i dont know if this will help anybody, but there is a code for $10 off a purchase of $75 EXCLUSIVE10, it says its an email exclusive offer, but i doubt there is any way for them to track that if its a code. should work well for 2x pokemon games. runs from 7/3 to 7/6, excludes gaming hardware but doesnt say anything about software. also excludes great price, clearance and hot buys.

also, i know im beating a dead horse here, but if you have a closing kmart near by that is giving out the coupon books, there is a $20 off $50 that works on this order. i just bought one of each of the pokemon games for $63.04, getting back $51.20 in points. hopefully they dont cancel it.

Thanks to EXCLUSIVE10 plus a coupon for $10 back in points on a $50+ purchase that was emailed to me, I have a cart containing both Pokemon titles at $74.18 after tax with $50.70 coming back in points. I wish that $20 off $50 code you mention was reusable, as the only closing Kmart near me already finalized the closing process. :cry:

Now, should I pull the trigger...? :-k

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]: :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#22 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

And K-Mart keeps pushing.  Fuck I can't afford to keep this up.

I am even gonna have to go in for a Pokemon game if they are giving $20 in points.....  I am gonna be so fucking broke  :cry:

Thanks again OP, still cautious about pre-ordering from K-Mart but we will see how it goes.  Worst they can do is cancel I guess.

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#23 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:13 PM

I wasn't going to get Bayonetta 2 because I didn't play the first.  Then I heard it came with the first so I was going to buy it.  Now I read it will come with a digital copy of the first.  I don't have much space on my Wii U so I won't be buying this game unless Bayonetta comes on disc.

#24 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

I wasn't going to get Bayonetta 2 because I didn't play the first.  Then I heard it came with the first so I was going to buy it.  Now I read it will come with a digital copy of the first.  I don't have much space on my Wii U so I won't be buying this game unless Bayonetta comes on disc.

B1 is digital only, but that seems like a poor reason not to buy it.  I was in the same boat as you first, but Bayonetta 2 is looking to come out REALLY well.  I am still nervous about the quality of the Bayonetta 1 port, I know the PS3 version of that game supposedly sucked a fat one, but I suppose we can see how it goes.

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#25 RySenkari

RySenkari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:34 PM

Holy shit, $50 worth of points for OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire PLUS $5 off of each.... *foaming at the mouth* This is almost as good as the days when Josh was working there.

#26 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

Holy shit, $50 worth of points for OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire PLUS $5 off of each.... *foaming at the mouth* This is almost as good as the days when Josh was working there.

The only potential issue is finding $50 worth of stuff at Kmart/Sears on which to redeem the points within 2 weeks after those games release...which may not be an issue with how many games will be out by that time.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

#27 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

Their system doesn't seem to use the points until the order ships, so if your points expire before the release date of another game, you'll lose out in two ways.  It's a poor system.  You can, however, order another item in the same order that will ship immediately and they will go ahead and charge all the points so you shouldn't have to worry about it.  The problem is that you would need to want something else to make it worthwhile or find something of very low cost.

There may be workarounds to their system by chatting with Customer Service, etc., but the last time I did that I was not too impressed.

#28 RySenkari

RySenkari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:48 PM

The only potential issue is finding $50 worth of stuff at Kmart/Sears on which to redeem the points within 2 weeks after those games release...which may not be an issue with how many games will be out by that time.

Far Cry 4, Kingdom Hearts 2.5, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare if it's good...

#29 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

Right--like I said, it might not really be an issue.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#30 TroyMcLure -PSN/XBL

TroyMcLure -PSN/XBL

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

Good luck ordering anything with points. The system cancels orders half the time. Just happened to me yesterday. Just saying don't bank on it.
522857.png