Transformers: Age of Extinction CE

ghost1914

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Amazon is selling a CE for Transformers: Age of Extinction. It is at $80 and says it is originally $120. It comes with a statue of Grimlock and Optimus Prime on top. Also states it is Amazon exclusive. On mobile otherwise I would put a picture and link. Will add later when I get a chance.

i enjoyed the film like the other 3 as its a perfect summer flick involving my fav robots of all time lol. having the 8$ movie cash that came with my blu ray trilogy helped too

Cool statue but not paying $80 for it especially with how much I hated the film.

I don't care for Shia but after watching Transforners 4 he seems like a godsend.

I don't understand the Internet sometimes. People hate something so much they have to constantly voice it. This thread was created to let people who liked the film know about this, not for ranting about how you hated the movie.

Well some may not have seen the movie and may have blind bought the film. We are warning them. :p

And her if it were cheaper I may want this.

I don't understand the Internet sometimes. People hate something so much they have to constantly voice it. This thread was created to let people who liked the film know about this, not for ranting about how you hated the movie.
Can definitely tell when its summer and school is out.

The whole point of a forum is to promote conversation. Otherwise this site would be little more than a news feed. I for one appreciate the feedback on games/movies I haven't experienced yet, assuming they aren't a biased fanboy or something.

And let's be honest, the Transformer films have been abysmal since day 1. I haven't seen the latest one, but based on past experience and everything I have heard I can't possibly imagine a scenario where it would be worth my time. Even if I were on a deserted island, and Transformers were all I had to watch, I think I'd still rather stare at the sun until I died. Everything I am reading here just seems to reinforce that.

It's really depressing, Beast Wars WAS one of my all-time favorite shows when it aired.... right alongside DBZ, DS9, and the DCAU. And for all the hate it got, I loved Beast Machines too. WTF happened? I'd blame Michael Bay, god knows it seems like everything he handles turns to shit, but the franchise went to hell before he even touched it :cry:

Last edited:
The whole point of a forum is to promote conversation. Otherwise this site would be little more than a news feed. I for one appreciate the feedback on games/movies I haven't experienced yet, assuming they aren't a biased fanboy or something.
I agree with you 100%. If someone's bashing something just for the sake of bashing (Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo fanboys, etc.), then that's one thing, but I too appreciate genuine feedback on products so I can avoid something if it's generally considered to be "not good". There's been games on this site listed super cheap before that I might have bit on if a bunch of people hadn't chimed in to point out how awful the game was.

And let's be honest, the Transformer films have been abysmal since day 1. I haven't seen the latest one, but based on past experience and everything I have heard I can't possibly imagine a scenario where it would be worth my time. Even if I were on a deserted island, and Transformers were all I had to watch, I think I'd still rather stare at the sun until I died. Everything I am reading here just seems to reinforce that.
I saw the first and last one. First one was horrible so I never went to go see the next two. Gave AoE a chance and it was a fine summer flick, worth the "free" ticket I got off of Star Trek: Into Darkness on sale last week. Not sure if I would have paid prime time evening prices but I thought it was good enough for a matinee price. They probably could have cut it down by a half hour though. Runtime was 2:45 or so.

I saw the first and last one. First one was horrible so I never went to go see the next two. Gave AoE a chance and it was a fine summer flick, worth the "free" ticket I got off of Star Trek: Into Darkness on sale last week. Not sure if I would have paid prime time evening prices but I thought it was good enough for a matinee price. They probably could have cut it down by a half hour though. Runtime was 2:45 or so.
I've heard they were all bad. I know I saw the first two all the way through and they were terrible, saw part of the 3rd one and wasn't thrilled with what I saw either. To be fair though, Star Trek Into Darkness is worse than all of the Transformer movies I have seen :cry: At least Transformers has a plot that halfway makes some sense, and had the excuse of never being anything more than a glorified toy commercial (Beast Wars/Machines aside of course). Star Trek is of a... let's say much higher pedigree, and what Abrams has done to it is inexcusable.

At least the movies are pretty to look at, there's no denying the effects and designs of the robots were well done. And even though it makes absolutely no sense that that cube can turn anything into a robot, I still lol everytime I see the Mountain Dew Decepticon.

Last edited:
MOVIE:

1 was good, but hard to visually follow with all of the close-up metal-fighting-metal motion.

2 was awful, I never finished it.

3 was OK, but the story was what you would expect of a 2nd sequel, worthless.

4 was VERY long, indeed, but well worth the watch.  I opted for 2D, since 5 minutes of "oooh" isn't worth 160 minutes of annoying minor eye-strain.

Despite the awful script, the new character cast was great, and Stanley Tucci's character was the best in the entire series; it was a joy watching him change from megalomaniac to love-struck geek.

PRODUCT:

I'll buy the Amazon Gift package when it goes on a super-clearance Lightning Deal for

Last edited by a moderator:
MOVIE:

1 was good, but hard to visually follow with all of the close-up metal-fighting-metal motion.

2 was awful, I never finished it.

3 was OK, but the story was what you would expect of a 2nd sequel, worthless.

4 was VERY long, indeed, but well worth the watch. I opted for 2D, since 5 minutes of "oooh" isn't worth 160 minutes of annoying minor eye-strain.

Despite the awful script, the new character cast was great, and Stanley Tucci's character was the best in the entire series; it was a joy watching him change from megalomaniac to love-struck geek.

PRODUCT:

I'll buy the Amazon Gift package when it goes on a super-clearance Lightning Deal for <$30 (as I did the Watchmen Nite Owl Edition for $15). Based on their size description, I'd guess Optimus is a bit smaller than a G.I. Joe 3.75" figure. For the price, you'd think it's metal (as it should be), but I know it'll be some sort of light-weight resin cast at best.

The Wal-mart Bumblebee head is pure crap, and they know it. We've all learned by now that the oddly-shaped head containers need to be melted down and used to fill in the annoying holes of the eco-cases.

Best Buy Exclusive Steelbook is sexy, as always.
I will say this, at the very least these movies live up to their heritage. I will never understand the love Transformers got, I despised the original series so much, even back then it was pretty damn obvious the show was more toy commercial than anything else. Aside from a few episodes (such as the one where Megatron + co got drunk on Energon) I was hard pressed to find anything good to say about the series, and even the original movie was highly overrated. Had we not gotten the Beast shows I don't think I'd have ever given a shit about this franchise.

At least these movies make for pleasing eye candy, and they have had some pretty impressive designs. I guess I shouldn't be so hard on them, it can't be easy crafting all these movies when the source material is so terrible to begin with. On the other hand a bad movie is a bad movie, and I couldn't even find much to like in the first one, let alone any of the others.

Oh well....
Leonard Nimoy playing a bad guy was pretty intriguing at the very least

bread's done
Back