Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

[Incorrect listing, just std ed.] Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth - The Wild Cards Premium Edition $49.99 at Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

EDIT: Best Buy says this is an incorrect listing. It's actually the standard edition

http://forums.bestbu...ight/true#M1988

BBY already confirmed it to be an incorrect listing.

"Hello MR_E and hellavagi,

Thanks for your interest in pre-ordering Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth from Best Buy! There has been quite a bit of interest in this title lately and I understand that our current pre-order options have been a bit confusing.

The current listing we have was initially put up as the Wild Cards Premium Edition which was incorrect. It is actually the standard edition as you see now. Have no fear, though; we will be taking pre-orders for the Premium Edition and are currently working on getting that on BestBuy.com. You can keep an eye on the link here to see it when it is available, otherwise I will also do my best to let you know once it’s up.

Thanks for posting, and please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,"

----------------

Normally $79.99.

http://www.bestbuy.c...ona q&lp=1&cp=1

#2 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

Kick ass wario, thanks

#3 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#4 Wario64

Wario64

• Forum Moderator

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

Aw, dammit. Guess I'll lock this up then.

#5 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

This. Unlike The Order: 1886, which has separate listings for just the game and the CE, this single listing likely is just for the regular edition, despite the item description.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/18]: :vita: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#6 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

This. Unlike The Order: 1886, which has separate listings for just the game and the CE, this single listing likely is just for the regular edition, despite the item description.

that might be true, but there is no penalty in preordering. worst case, your order get a cancellation

#7 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

It is weird they fixed the product description, then its changed back. Same sku the whole time. Oh well.

#8 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

that might be true, but there is no penalty in preordering. worst case, your order get a cancellation

Unless you got GCU and you don't want to waste your 3 order limit.

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#9 Wario64

Wario64

• Forum Moderator

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

I guess I'll leave this open just in case people still want to order it and hope they honor it anyway

#10 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

Unless you got GCU and you don't want to waste your 3 order limit.

cancellations does not count towards 3 order limit. only return does

As cancelled orders are not fulfilled, they do not count towards the 3-copy purchase limit.

http://forums.bestbu...p/727603/page/3

#11 jbug617

jbug617

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

so do you think they would honor it?

#12 coren

coren

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:12 PM

Given that they've swapped it back, I'd be curious to see how they try to uphold the "oh we meant the other one"

#13 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

Given that they've swapped it back, I'd be curious to see how they try to uphold the "oh we meant the other one"

You open your package, see that you got the regular edition, ask what happened, and their response: "That's the one we meant." :???:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

#14 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

Already have this preordered on Amazon. I'd like to use my GCU on this but at the same time, wouldn't Best Buy more than likely send this out in a bubble mailer? I can only imagine the product arriving looking like it went through hell.

Debating if I should lock it up for the price then plead ignorance when or if the real LE is posted.

RayeKasai.png

#15 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:19 PM

Already have this preordered on Amazon. I'd like to use my GCU on this but at the same time, wouldn't Best Buy more than likely send this out in a bubble mailer? I can only imagine the product arriving looking like it went through hell.

Debating if I should lock it up for the price then plead ignorance when or if the real LE is posted.

if it fits in a mail bubble, it might as well. or they will sent it to you in a box 5 times the size of it.

#16 RySenkari

RySenkari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

wonder if we could get Amazon to pricematch this before it's fixed XD

...Nah, I don't have the heart to do it, they've done right by me too many times before. :shame:

#17 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

if it fits in a mail bubble, it might as well. or they will sent it to you in a box 5 times the size of it.

BBY is actually pretty good about this.  BBY mailed  Bravely Default CE in a box while amazon used bubble mailer.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#18 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

These threads are great for the... "I don't really know anything about this game, but I want it because someone said it's cheap/might be a glitch and therefore I could probably profit" and as the OP "people will luv me forever for cherry picking this for them" and great for someone viewing the thread like myself because I can see the casuals ask stupid questions and confuse others.

#19 brokenzero

brokenzero

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:08 PM

Damn it still list the premium edition as 50, I know it listed incorrectly, but it make me want to cancel my preorder on Newegg with the $5 gift card. Maybe I could preorder pricematch with Target if they have the premium edition.

#20 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

Damn it still list the premium edition as 50, I know it listed incorrectly, but it make me want to cancel my preorder on Newegg with the $5 gift card. Maybe I could preorder pricematch with Target if they have the premium edition.

Target doesn't pricematch preorders.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#21 janesvilleninja

janesvilleninja

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

I'm will to give it a go I can always return and have a preorder at GameStop with $10 down
Posted Image

#22 jedex

jedex

Elite Chemist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

I'm going to go in store and pay in full maybe that will work.

#23 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:13 PM

I'm going to go in store and pay in full maybe that will work.

Not necessarily--when you go pick it up, you might be asked to pay the "remaining" balance for the CE, or, like I said before, you might just get the standard edition.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#24 jedex

jedex

Elite Chemist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:45 PM

Not necessarily--when you go pick it up, you might be asked to pay the "remaining" balance for the CE, or, like I said before, you might just get the standard edition.

Gonna risk it

#25 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:46 PM

I didn't read anyone who was surprised that the standard edition is $50. Am I the only one? Makes me feel better for buying the overpriced CE from Amazon.

Also, when was the CE w/ $5 GC on NewEgg?

#26 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:47 PM

I didn't read anyone who was surprised that the standard edition is $50. Am I the only one? Makes me feel better for buying the overpriced CE from Amazon.

Was previously announced and SMT IV was also $50, so it wasn't that shocking. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#27 brokenzero

brokenzero

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

The CE $5 GC was last week on Newegg.

#28 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:19 PM

Seems gone from the site now

#29 harleypv

harleypv

But Nep Nep...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:19 PM

cancellations does not count towards 3 order limit. only return does

As cancelled orders are not fulfilled, they do not count towards the 3-copy purchase limit.

http://forums.bestbu...p/727603/page/3

If I buy this and it is shipped out to me and let's say it turns out that they send the standard edition, and I return it and buy the premium edition, does it count as 2 towards my 3 game limit with GCU or just 1? Do I get back 1 of my limit for doing a return? Reason this is an issue for me is that I'm getting 2 (one for a friend) and if the limit doesn't go back with a return I can only discount 1 of the 2.

#30 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:21 PM

If I buy this and it is shipped out to me and let's say it turns out that they send the standard edition, and I return it and buy the premium edition, does it count as 2 towards my 3 game limit with GCU or just 1? Do I get back 1 of my limit for doing a return? Reason this is an issue for me is that I'm getting 2 (one for a friend) and if the limit doesn't go back with a return I can only discount 1 of the 2.

it counts as 2.