[Incorrect listing, just std ed.] Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth - The Wild Cards Premium Edition $49.99 at Best Buy

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
EDIT: Best Buy says this is an incorrect listing. It's actually the standard edition

"Hello MR_E and hellavagi,

Thanks for your interest in pre-ordering Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth from Best Buy! There has been quite a bit of interest in this title lately and I understand that our current pre-order options have been a bit confusing.

The current listing we have was initially put up as the Wild Cards Premium Edition which was incorrect. It is actually the standard edition as you see now. Have no fear, though; we will be taking pre-orders for the Premium Edition and are currently working on getting that on BestBuy.com. You can keep an eye on the link here to see it when it is available, otherwise I will also do my best to let you know once it’s up.

Thanks for posting, and please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,"

----------------
Normally $79.99.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/persona-q-shadow-of-the-labyrinth-the-wild-cards-premium-edition-nintendo-3ds/7377002.p?id=1219267476503&skuId=7377002&st=persona%20q&lp=1&cp=1

Last edited by a moderator:
This. Unlike The Order: 1886, which has separate listings for just the game and the CE, this single listing likely is just for the regular edition, despite the item description.
that might be true, but there is no penalty in preordering. worst case, your order get a cancellation

It is weird they fixed the product description, then its changed back. Same sku the whole time. Oh well.

that might be true, but there is no penalty in preordering. worst case, your order get a cancellation
Unless you got GCU and you don't want to waste your 3 order limit.

Given that they've swapped it back, I'd be curious to see how they try to uphold the "oh we meant the other one"
You open your package, see that you got the regular edition, ask what happened, and their response: "That's the one we meant." :???:

Already have this preordered on Amazon. I'd like to use my GCU on this but at the same time, wouldn't Best Buy more than likely send this out in a bubble mailer? I can only imagine the product arriving looking like it went through hell.

Debating if I should lock it up for the price then plead ignorance when or if the real LE is posted.

Already have this preordered on Amazon. I'd like to use my GCU on this but at the same time, wouldn't Best Buy more than likely send this out in a bubble mailer? I can only imagine the product arriving looking like it went through hell.

Debating if I should lock it up for the price then plead ignorance when or if the real LE is posted.
if it fits in a mail bubble, it might as well. or they will sent it to you in a box 5 times the size of it.

wonder if we could get Amazon to pricematch this before it's fixed XD

...Nah, I don't have the heart to do it, they've done right by me too many times before. :shame:

if it fits in a mail bubble, it might as well. or they will sent it to you in a box 5 times the size of it.
BBY is actually pretty good about this. BBY mailed Bravely Default CE in a box while amazon used bubble mailer.

These threads are great for the... "I don't really know anything about this game, but I want it because someone said it's cheap/might be a glitch and therefore I could probably profit" and as the OP "people will luv me forever for cherry picking this for them" and great for someone viewing the thread like myself because I can see the casuals ask stupid questions and confuse others.

Damn it still list the premium edition as 50, I know it listed incorrectly, but it make me want to cancel my preorder on Newegg with the $5 gift card. Maybe I could preorder pricematch with Target if they have the premium edition.

Damn it still list the premium edition as 50, I know it listed incorrectly, but it make me want to cancel my preorder on Newegg with the $5 gift card. Maybe I could preorder pricematch with Target if they have the premium edition.
Target doesn't pricematch preorders.

I didn't read anyone who was surprised that the standard edition is $50. Am I the only one? Makes me feel better for buying the overpriced CE from Amazon.

Also, when was the CE w/ $5 GC on NewEgg?

I didn't read anyone who was surprised that the standard edition is $50. Am I the only one? Makes me feel better for buying the overpriced CE from Amazon.

Was previously announced and SMT IV was also $50, so it wasn't that shocking.

The CE $5 GC was last week on Newegg.

cancellations does not count towards 3 order limit. only return does

As cancelled orders are not fulfilled, they do not count towards the 3-copy purchase limit.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/Question-about-new-GCU-purchase-limits/td-p/727603/page/3
If I buy this and it is shipped out to me and let's say it turns out that they send the standard edition, and I return it and buy the premium edition, does it count as 2 towards my 3 game limit with GCU or just 1? Do I get back 1 of my limit for doing a return? Reason this is an issue for me is that I'm getting 2 (one for a friend) and if the limit doesn't go back with a return I can only discount 1 of the 2.

If I buy this and it is shipped out to me and let's say it turns out that they send the standard edition, and I return it and buy the premium edition, does it count as 2 towards my 3 game limit with GCU or just 1? Do I get back 1 of my limit for doing a return? Reason this is an issue for me is that I'm getting 2 (one for a friend) and if the limit doesn't go back with a return I can only discount 1 of the 2.
it counts as 2.

Already typed up and saved my complaint for when I'm sent the wrong edition.

keeping my 2 orders up.   i figure if they stay open and then ship and its cart only   can  bitch and get  20 to 30 bucks off.   Give you a normal ed game for around 20 to 30

Hmmm... Still shows as premium ed for me on my cell... Also, PROMO price of $39.99 upon checkout. Could be b/c I'm a GCU member. Get it while it's hot. Already pre ordered mine.

Hmmm... Still shows as premium ed for me on my cell... Also, PROMO price of $39.99 upon checkout. Could be b/c I'm a GCU member. Get it while it's hot. Already pre ordered mine.
Ya, it's $39.99 after GCU. I ordered it and have the e-mail receipt saying I ordered the "wildcards premium edition".

But, yes, the listing for the game was just removed completely from the site. So they obviously caught it. At this point, I guess it's a waiting game. We might get cancellations, they might honor the mistake, or they might try and convert the orders to standard.

I don't think reg version of games would be shipping only since this 'premium edition' is shipping only and probably won't be sold in stores like tales of xillia 2 CE. Maybe this may hint it is the premium edition.

I don't think reg version of games would be shipping only since this 'premium edition' is shipping only and probably won't be sold in stores like tales of xillia 2 CE. Maybe this may hint it is the premium edition.
Not necessarily. I think there have been a few games I bought or preordered this year (major new releases like Thief) that said the preorders were for shipping only on the website.

When you put money down for pre-orders in store, do they just give you a refund if they cancelled that item?

Thanks, that link worked for me. I put an order in. When they put up the proper listing for the premium, I just order that and see what I end up with and return the extra. If they don't cancel it first :whistle2:

bread's done
Back