Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Dead Island (360) Pre-owned $3.99 @ GameStop.com

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 guessed

guessed

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

Not sure how good a deal it is, but seems decent.

Regular price is $9.99.

360 version only.

Online-only, according to the banner, but I didn't actually check in store.

http://www.gamestop....ad-island/93156

Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#2 BryanDGAF

BryanDGAF

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

If it's online only then most likely it will not ring that price in store. It's happened to me a few times. Still worth a try to give it a shot if your around there

#3 pablo escobar

pablo escobar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

I know a lot of people didn't like it but I thought it was a great game, definitely worth 4 bucks

#4 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:15 PM

Dead Island was offered free with GwG a few months ago. It's not a bad game, but it doesn't really stand out in the zombie niche. Definitely not your L4D, even though it obviously borrows a lot from that franchise. I think it's probably better on Steam due to the Workshop mods you can add on. And it's really cheap on Steam during the sales.

That's a decent price, but it should be cheaper. The GOTY is way overpriced at $10...

#5 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:00 PM

It is NOT the same price in store. I confirmed yesterday. I would have probably bought it just to save the 7GB of HD space. I'm constantly deleting stuff. (even with flash drives)

#6 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:11 PM

This is still too much. This game is trash and not worth more than $1 imo. The controls are horrible, graphics are crude and bland, story is a waste, overall gameplay is lackluster. Avoid this game and if you make the mistake of buying it, play co-op. Only thing that saved this game.

#7 DatPanda

DatPanda

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

It looks like this falls into the category of " cheap but bad and not bad enough where it's charming and worth a play through." My backlog doesn't have time for those games yet anyway. Thanks though OP.

#8 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:11 AM

There will probably be a dead island collection sometime in the near future with 2 more releasing this year but for this price ok