Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Destiny Ghost Edition at Newegg Pre-Order (INSTOCK)

newegg destiny ghost edition

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Dijital

Dijital

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:23 PM

I realize this is retail price but I know that some of you have been looking for this since both Amazon and GameStop have sold out of their initial stock (within hours!!) so I just wanted to let everyone else know of its availability.

Xbox 360 - http://www.newegg.co...7-247-_-Product

Xbox One - http://www.newegg.co...7-246-_-Product

PS3 - http://www.newegg.co...1-332-_-Product

PS4 - http://www.newegg.co...1-331-_-Product

Posted Image

#2 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

Better get 'em while the gettin's good.

That PS4 version is becoming quite the object of desire.

16Z462z.jpg

#3 bigv69er

bigv69er

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:34 PM

Bb!

#4 Mr_hat

Mr_hat

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:40 PM

My mistake. I thought I was in the deals thread but I seem to have clicked on a new section called "msrp announcements" by accident. Im glad though, I get so tired of having to look in the deals section for msrp prices.

#5 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:44 PM

My mistake. I thought I was in the deals thread but I seem to have clicked on a new section called "msrp announcements" by accident. Im glad though, I get so tired of having to look in the deals section for msrp prices.

Shut up

3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#6 eXTechno

eXTechno

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:49 PM

Still profusely waiting for Best Buy

D:

#7 jedex

jedex

Elite Chemist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:49 PM

Shut up

pwned lolololololol

#8 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:55 PM

Newegg is unreliable. They always cancel LEs and CEs due to insufficient stock or because they found out later they won't be getting any.

#9 frowninclown

frowninclown

Retail's for suckaz.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:02 PM

Just called my local gamestop to verify. You can still preorder in store. Online every console aside from the ps4 is available for preorder as of right now.

#10 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:11 PM

I would hold off, if its activision they'll over produce it and these high price collectors edition tend to really drop in prices down the road. I've seen the whats included in the ghost edition, nothing special just the usuals. The ghost robot seems just like a light up talking toy, very generic too. I Could be wrong of course, just from experiece of buying those COD collectors editions for way less then their asking price, I mean the last one was free, courtesy of Best Buy though.

#11 Fatpeoplestink

Fatpeoplestink

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:07 AM

Ignore Mr asshat. Not sure he buys stuff. Just post to see himself get noticed. Lol

#12 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:09 AM

DO NOT buy collector's editions from Newegg. If they're not overproduced, Newegg is infamous for canceling your preorder at the last minute and leaving you out in the cold.

#13 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:18 AM

DO NOT buy collector's editions from Newegg. If they're not overproduced, Newegg is infamous for canceling your preorder at the last minute and leaving you out in the cold.

exactly cause if I remember right they did the same exact thing with bravely default ce I believe the day or two before release date

#14 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:25 AM

Wow, PS4 version already sold out at Amazon and GS? Crazy... weren't these just announced? 

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#15 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:32 AM

Wow, PS4 version already sold out at Amazon and GS? Crazy... weren't these just announced?

Yes, yesterday. The PS4 version sold out in mere hours. A lot of folks are banking on Best Buy listing it though so they can use Gamer Unlocked discounts.

16Z462z.jpg

#16 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:47 AM

Ignore Mr asshat. Not sure he buys stuff. Just post to see himself get noticed. Lol

Oh the irony.

644690.png

#17 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:29 AM

Do Newegg pre-orders normally say "pre-order/backorder confirmation" in the email they send? 

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#18 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:11 AM

LOL @ the thought of an activision CE being sold out.

Bet you won't be able to give these away months after release...

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#19 parkerlewis

parkerlewis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

PS4 version's sold out on Newegg.

#20 bobman212

bobman212

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

LOL @ the thought of an activision CE being sold out.

Bet you won't be able to give these away months after release...

I'll have to agree with you here.

#21 airblade

airblade

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:00 PM

PS4 version's sold out on Newegg.

Damn, those are selling out fast.

#22 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

the same people laughing at the activision CE's selling out will be the same people crying about flippers and excuses why they didnt pre-order in time. bungie stated these will be extremely limited and judging how every site sold out in less than a day including gamestop who had a limit of 1, i'd say thats pretty telling. gamestop stores are only getting allocated a certain amount per store. if you want to wait, by all means go ahead lol, i know i got my pre-order in and it didnt cost me anything on amazon, i can always cancel later 

#23 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

the same people laughing at the activision CE's selling out will be the same people crying about flippers and excuses why they didnt pre-order in time. bungie stated these will be extremely limited and judging how every site sold out in less than a day including gamestop who had a limit of 1, i'd say thats pretty telling. gamestop stores are only getting allocated a certain amount per store. if you want to wait, by all means go ahead lol, i know i got my pre-order in and it didnt cost me anything on amazon, i can always cancel later 

You say that like it means anything. Every company says that about every special edition... while nobody can say for sure, a vast majority of special editions don't end up being rare at all. And even then, I still get the feeling that a lot of CEs sell out simply because flippers/re-sellers order a ton of copies (given how many of them post pictures of stack of stock). 

With all of that said though, the Ghost Edition looks like it'll probably be genuinely rare. 

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#24 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

You say that like it means anything. Every company says that about every special edition... while nobody can say for sure, a vast majority of special editions don't end up being rare at all. And even then, I still get the feeling that a lot of CEs sell out simply because flippers/re-sellers order a ton of copies (given how many of them post pictures of stack of stock). 

With all of that said though, the Ghost Edition looks like it'll probably be genuinely rare. 

well, judging that it sold out in mere hours at all the retailers that stocked it that means something, but do whatever you want to do though, as stated i got mine. you can wait and believe whatever you want

#25 blucadet3

blucadet3

You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:30 PM

Amazon was back in stock when I was home for lunch. Wondering if I should cancel my newegg preorder or if these are actually going to be rare. I prefer Amazon's release day delivery to NewEgg and me getting it like a week later.

#26 Electroplasm

Electroplasm

Destroy Erase Improve

• CAG Veteran

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:32 PM

Amazon was back in stock when I was home for lunch. Wondering if I should cancel my newegg preorder or if these are actually going to be rare.

ps4 quckly sold out at amazon again. might want to re-check stock of the version you want b4 cancelling your order

red3ds.gifg27-gaming-wheels-images.pngg27-gaming-wheels-images.pnggalley2_th.png

#27 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

Amazon was back in stock when I was home for lunch. Wondering if I should cancel my newegg preorder or if these are actually going to be rare. I prefer Amazon's release day delivery to NewEgg and me getting it like a week later.

I would cancel your preorder at NewEgg if you could find it at GS / AMZ / any retailer like that, since NewEgg is infamous for canceling preorders and sometimes never even getting stock of said item in the first place. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#28 billycuth

billycuth

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:16 PM

I got in for a PS4 Ghost at Amazon earlier today.

I am GCU with best buy, so if they get it I am ordering it through them and cancelling my amazon pre-order.  I just wanted to guarantee I get one.

#29 blucadet3

blucadet3

You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:57 PM

Oh I placed the order at Amazon immediatly. I guess I'll wait and see for a bit on the NewEgg order.

#30 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

Amazon has the Xbox 360 + PS3 versions in stock. Might end up ordering one of those just for the extras if I can't find an Xbox One version anywhere... >_<

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png