TMNT (Nick) Complete First Season Announced

The 2003 version was absolutely amazing until they started with that future fast forward bullshit.  Still, I'd kill for them to get the chance to do their last season so they can follow through with the Shredder Wars they had planned.

Oh well, at least that TMNT crossover movie they got to do was amazing.

This new series on the other hand..... ugh.  It's awful.  I wish I could slap whoever thought a love interest between Donatello and a child version of April would be a good idea..... if only that were the only thing wrong with this show....

Last edited:
No Blu-ray...?
This release only happened because of fan demand, so maybe if there's enough fan demand we might get a Blu-ray release, though considering Nick hasn't even made Spongebob Blu-rays, it may be a pipe dream.

The 2003 version was absolutely amazing until they started with that future fast forward bullshit. Still, I'd kill for them to get the chance to do their last season so they can follow through with the Shredder Wars they had planned.
Considering Turtles Forever ignored the Shredder Wars and is incompatible with that episode, I am going to chalk that up to an Aborted Arc.

This release only happened because of fan demand, so maybe if there's enough fan demand we might get a Blu-ray release, though considering Nick hasn't even made Spongebob Blu-rays, it may be a pipe dream.

Considering Turtles Forever ignored the Shredder Wars and is incompatible with that episode, I am going to chalk that up to an Aborted Arc.
Not sure I follow.... how is it incompatable?

Wait this wasn't out yet? And there isn't a blu ray? What the hell is this early 2000s nonsense. fucking Spectacular Spider-Man and Young Justice all over again. 

While kids shows on Blu-ray is gaining steam, it is still rather niche. Legend of Korra and Adventure Time are pretty much the only ones you can find in B&M stores (which still makes up a large chunk of profits). Everything else is pretty much online exclusive, which Nick doesn't do and likely doesn't believe there is much profit in.

Put your fanboy prejudices aside and take a look at the actual market before bitching.

This makes me happy I didn't pick up the singles, though like everyone else, the lack of a Blu-ray release makes me sad.  Oh well, I'll take what I can get.

This is almost as criminal as when I found out that season three of Regular Show didn't have a blu-ray release despite season one and two having one. I just can't bring myself to buy DVD releases in this day and age, when they don't even look that good on the average HDTV.

Maybe I just have a crappy player or HDTV, but most animated series (especially TV shows) don't look bad on DVD.

I've been a fan of the Turtles since the start (I grew up in the town they were from - even had an original drawing form Laird that my mom threw out!) but stopped watching the original series around season 5 because it got too weird for me. I haven't watched a TMNT cartoon since.

That is until this new Nickelodeon series. I saw the opening sequence and loved the mix of the old 80's cartoon with the original comics and being a bit modern. I found the series on Hulu and didn't get that vibe at all from the show. I still watch each new episode when available and don't mind it. The mystery surrounding the O'Neil/Shedder/Krang connection is interesting and a good way to make it serialized. I certainly feel weird about watching it at my age but I can stand it.

The moral of the story is this show is on Hulu for anyone without cable and wanting to check it out.

Maybe I just have a crappy player or HDTV, but most animated series (especially TV shows) don't look bad on DVD.
Animated series in general tend to look better on DVD than most feature films. The bold, bright colors help to lessen artifacts in most situations. Of course, things start to get dicey when they try to cram too many episodes on a single disc.

For a 3D animated show like the new Turtles, there is no excuse. A series like that generally looks fantastic in high-definition. It both needs and deserves a Blu-Ray release. I also suspect that this most recent series has more older followers than Nickelodeon realizes. On that same note, why have I still not seen any My Little Pony Blu-Rays?

bread's done
Back