Dishonored GOTY $14.99 (PS3/360) @ GameStop

Does anyone know if the DLC is on disc or voucher for the PS3 version? Would someone kindly let me know. Thanks.
Almost positive it is on disc. This is my buy price. I have the vanilla game, and had missed the goty when NewEgg had it for $15. I get to use GS credit, so even better.

I can confirm that the PS3 version's DLC is on-disc.
I bought this awhile back but never opened it yet.

Is this one of those situations where the DLC is on disc but it rorces you to install everything onto the harddrive? Or is it playable straight from the disc?

I bought this awhile back but never opened it yet.

Is this one of those situations where the DLC is on disc but it rorces you to install everything onto the harddrive? Or is it playable straight from the disc?
It's similar to Borderlands 2 GotY, where you choose what DLC to install from the XMB (it's a separate "disc" from the full game).

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost positive it is on disc. This is my buy price. I have the vanilla game, and had missed the goty when NewEgg had it for $15. I get to use GS credit, so even better.
NewEgg sent me the greatest hits version of the game (YUCK). I'm heading over to gamestop to see if I can find a black label of the game and ask for the tarot cards while I'm there.

It's similar to Borderlands 2 GotY, where you choose what DLC to install from the XMB (it's a separate "disc" from the full game).
Ah I see, I was afraid of that but I suppose this method has it's benefits too.

Picked up the vanilla version and beat it back in January. Worth rebuying for the DLC?
You can probably just rent it to install the DLC then return it whenever it's due back. That's what I did for Borderlands and I was able to play everything with the vanilla version. The only problem is I don't think Gamefly carries the GOTY edition of games like this and Borderlands for just that reason, so you'll have to find an actual rental store to do that.

Last edited:
As much as I want to jump on this deal, I'm one of those people that absolutely has to have the slipcover (if the game had one) and have had bad luck with online orders coming with only the shrink wrapped game but no cover.

I'll head to the local GS to see if they have one.

Hmmm will have to check this one out, hopefully they have more then just the gutted copies, new game smell is the best lol

As much as I want to jump on this deal, I'm one of those people that absolutely has to have the slipcover (if the game had one) and have had bad luck with online orders coming with only the shrink wrapped game but no cover.

I'll head to the local GS to see if they have one.
what games have a slipcover?

what games have a slipcover?
Off the top of my head...

BioShock 1

The Bureau - XCOM Declassified

Dante's Inferno - Divine Edition (early launch version, not reprints)

Dishonored GOTY Edition

Deus Ex Human Revolution (regular edition)

Fallout 3 GOTY Edition

Rage - Anarchy Edition

Tekken 6

Watchmen - The End is Nigh, Complete Edition

All black label US versions. I'm sure there are more.

EDIT: Here's a much larger list: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=197962

Me try to get this at store today, but it still rang up at full price. Girl couldn't get in touch w/ senior employee after seeing ad. Might drop tomorrow, so they put copy aside for me. 

Went to the store, rang up at full price but I showed then the ad and I got a price adjustment, got a factory sealed copy with a slip cover in great condition, so I couldn't be happier :D

Off the top of my head...

BioShock 1

The Bureau - XCOM Declassified

Dante's Inferno - Divine Edition (early launch version, not reprints)

Dishonored GOTY Edition

Deus Ex Human Revolution (regular edition)

Fallout 3 GOTY Edition

Rage - Anarchy Edition

Tekken 6

Watchmen - The End is Nigh, Complete Edition

All black label US versions. I'm sure there are more.

EDIT: Here's a much larger list: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=197962
How interesting, the only slipcover I have is for the Dark Souls LE and is a slipcover for the tin can lol

Me try to get this at store today, but it still rang up at full price. Girl couldn't get in touch w/ senior employee after seeing ad. Might drop tomorrow, so they put copy aside for me.
Maybe if you did online the pickup in store it will scan at the online price. If it doesn't work tomorrow :)

I went in store and tried to get a copy but it rang up full price.

I didn't even bother asking if they could price match it... I didn't know that was even a possibility.

What would I say?

I went in store and tried to get a copy but it rang up full price.

I didn't even bother asking if they could price match it... I didn't know that was even a possibility.
What would I say?
It isn't really a price match, it is honoring the price that is in their weekly ad. If it were trying to get an online only price in store, that would be a price match (which they don't generally do).

It isn't really a price match, it is honoring the price that is in their weekly ad. If it were trying to get an online only price in store, that would be a price match (which they don't generally do).
I was under the assumption that it was online only.

They had to do the order online in the store for me...it ships to me for free that way, they did not have the same price in store.

Classic CAG move by me- I got vanilla Dishonored at BBY on BF in 2012 for $24.99- it was a good price for the game at the time.  Of course, I haven't played it once since then (I've left it shrink-wrapped), and now the GOTY version is $10 less than what I paid for the vanilla version a year and a half ago!

Classic CAG move by me- I got vanilla Dishonored at BBY on BF in 2012 for $24.99- it was a good price for the game at the time. Of course, I haven't played it once since then (I've left it shrink-wrapped), and now the GOTY version is $10 less than what I paid for the vanilla version a year and a half ago!
We've all been there. I even find myself waiting for GOTY editions, getting good deals and seeing them go even lower before I have unwrapped them. My pile of shame is legendary class.

I wanted to find a nice encouraging, "we've all been there" image on Google. Type that phrase in and you just get all kinds of random crap. So I'm giving you this, cause it showed up in results and made me laugh inappropriately at work....

We+ve+all+been+there.+What+is+it+about+this+template_87c76e_4768163.jpg

P.S. Price match submitted to Amazon, fingers crossed.

We've all been there. I even find myself waiting for GOTY editions, getting good deals and seeing them go even lower before I have unwrapped them. My pile of shame is legendary class.

I wanted to find a nice encouraging, "we've all been there" image on Google. Type that phrase in and you just get all kinds of random crap. So I'm giving you this, cause it showed up in results and made me laugh inappropriately at work....

We+ve+all+been+there.+What+is+it+about+this+template_87c76e_4768163.jpg

P.S. Price match submitted to Amazon, fingers crossed.
We've all been there.

Picked this up in store this morning just after my local Gamestop opened, last one on the shelf.  Employee said they just marked it down to $15 today, so the instore pricing should be live now (confirming nietzsche74)

Thanks OP, ended up getting a copy online with Persona 4 Golden, and it came with the Tarot Card deck too, which is an nice bonus.  Been waiting for a sale price ever since I traded in my vanilla copy.

bread's done
Back