* * * * - 8 votes

Destiny "Ghost" Edition Pre Orders Walmart.com - OOS

Xbox Sony PS3 PS4 360 One Destiny Collectable Limited Amazon

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#1 Django Freeman

Django Freeman

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

Hey guys Amazon has Destiny "Ghost" editions available for pre order again (For all Platforms) if your interested. Get it while you can! Remember, you also get a code for the Beta emailed to you after pre ordering, whether you end up purchasing or not. If this is already posted plz delete.

http://www.amazon.co...y Ghost Edition

Des.png

UPDATE 7/12: As of 8:21 AM PST, PS4 Pre Orders for the Ghost Edition are currently SOLD OUT on Walmart.com. Xbox ONE, 360 and PS3 are still up for pre order (Thanks to ghost1914 & Omnisquall )

http://www.walmart.c...type=10&veh=aff

EDIT: Looks like the Xbox One and PS4 versions are once again OOS. Some CAGs have said that although GameStop stopped taking pre orders yesterday, they were able to snag pre orders today. I'll update the post the moment Amazon opens pre orders again.

2nd EDIT: Looks like the PS4 Ghost Ed. is sold out on Newegg as well; they do however still have the Xbox One version up for pre order:

3rd EDIT: All platforms are Sold out on Amazon for Ghost version, but Xbox One, 360 and PS3 are still up on Newegg
http://www.newegg.co...6a0d9cd6d8d120c

Want a Free Month of GameFly? Click the following link for details>>>>> http://www.cheapassg...in-the-process/

Try 1 month of Loot Crate (Normally $20+ w/ S&H) for about $15.50 (S&H Included)  by following the instructions >>>  http://www.cheapassg...k-referral-link

#2 ghost1914

ghost1914

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

Posted this in the CE thread. Don't think we need another thread for this for each retailer.

#3 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

Have they released production numbers? The fact so many retailers are carrying it doesn't make me think it'll be OMG ultra limited / hard to find post release but never the less... worth putting a preorder in

#4 frowninclown

frowninclown

Retail's for suckaz.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:42 PM

Posted this in the CE thread. Don't think we need another thread for this for each retailer.

I don't understand why people nag about people doing this all the time. It's not most peoples first instinct to go and check a sub-forum for something that will blow up on the front page on it's own.. Something as big as a restock that people are desperate to find out about has no problem being on its own.

#5 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

I don't understand why people nag about people doing this all the time. It's not most peoples first instinct to go and check a sub-forum for something that will blow up on the front page on it's own.. Something as big as a restock that people are desperate to find out about has no problem being on its own.

restock on an item that has yet to be released?

Desperate to find out about?

There are people that don't even know this game requires an always on online connection. The only reason there is this much buzz is because people thought it was going to be impossible to find later.

#6 ghost1914

ghost1914

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

I'm not nagging but the CE thread has been nothing but talk about this since it was announced and we really don't need a thread for each retailer. Kinda defeats the purpose of the CE thread.

#7 Django Freeman

Django Freeman

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

I'm not nagging but the CE thread has been nothing but talk about this since it was announced and we really don't need a thread for each retailer. Kinda defeats the purpose of the CE thread.

Like I said...."If this is already posted plz delete."

Want a Free Month of GameFly? Click the following link for details>>>>> http://www.cheapassg...in-the-process/

Try 1 month of Loot Crate (Normally $20+ w/ S&H) for about $15.50 (S&H Included)  by following the instructions >>>  http://www.cheapassg...k-referral-link

#8 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

Showing out of stock again for PS4.

sixteenvolt420.png

#9 laundrymatt

laundrymatt

Guilty until proven innocent; US law.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

Not saying I agree with the OP at all, but you'll never win this argument. Every thread similar to the CE thread, created to centralize deals for specific categories, always has stuff cherry picked and posted as a deal in and of itself. Not to say they all aren't worthy of that treatment, but most are not. It's always met with hostility and defenders from both sides. Mods seem to not have a side at all in these situations. Some they will remove, some remain.

Reminder to self: Borderlands PreSequel Group: INcomplete; R:Me(host),micbelt, P:ProfStotch,BluBlue; Oct14 P#2032

laundrymatt77.png

#10 eXTechno

eXTechno

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:18 PM

yep out of stock for PS4 but at least I secured me a copy

#11 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

I'm still holding out for Amazon for the PS4, but if all else fails, i can just order one elsewhere.

sixteenvolt420.png

#12 Django Freeman

Django Freeman

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:22 PM

Because it takes real deals off the front page and instead gives us MSRP crap. I know some people hate the mega threads and prefer a system like Slick Deals, but I got news... NO ONE Fuck ING POSTS WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT GAME ANNOUNCEMENT THREADS ON SLICK DEALS. 

This is not a news forum, but a deal forum where people come to find... deals. Deals as in something for less, not deal as in "this price might be cheaper than it will be on eBay in 5 months, so you better buy it now" or "some people might want this digital game physically." Many of the mega threads were created so the people interested in things like Club Nintendo, XBLA, PSN, Collector's Editions, preorders and the like could have their place to talk without causing a huge disruption on this forum (1 CE thread constantly bumped is still better than 5 CE threads randomly bumped). 

Anyway, considering the item restocked, odds are Amazon just had a low estimate or something like that and this will probably be manageable to find. What they should have done is bumped the Newegg thread saying the CE is back in stock at other retailers and then all discussion should be brought back to the CE thread. 

I understand that you feel some type of way about this that apparently angers you to a significant degree. But please, find a better outlet than jumping on my topics spewing your negativity and profanity. Please do grow up, sir.

#13 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:28 PM

8NkSBWC.jpg

nihilence.png

#14 Mr_hat

Mr_hat

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

But if all of the ce related info that isnt deal related went into one spot (like the ce thread we have) then everyone would know where to go. It really isnt that hard to figure out. I promise.

Besides if they are so desperate then they will find it.

Why push real deals off the main page with fucking msrp posts?

#15 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

I understand that you feel some type of way about this that apparently angers you to a significant degree. But please, find a better outlet than jumping on my topics spewing your negativity and profanity. Please do grow up, sir.

1) You can check with the mods, but I deleted my post prior to you quoting me because I decided I didn't want to argue and just moved on. 

2) I do dislike these posts because this IS a deal forum and we SHOULD see deals not MSRP dumps. As I keep posting, this is a common sense thing. If people posted every "conceptual" deal simply because someone might want to know, then the whole forum would become impossible to navigate. Not everyone feels this way and even some argue the mega threads are counter productive, but come the end of the day, Slick Deals doesn't have people posting MSRP announcements like we seem to get on CAG.

3) Why don't you grow up and do the mature thing of just ignoring me? You can't control my actions, but you sure shooting can control yours. It's not like you proved some sort of point by telling me off and acting like you're so much more mature than I am. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#16 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

I appreciate the post. I can now cancel my newegg preorder that I thought I had a 25% chance of them actually shipping.
Posted Image

#17 asspickle

asspickle

Scandinavian King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:36 PM

Thanks for posting OP, I would've missed it if not. I got the ps4 ghost edition, I think that one will be very valuable.

#18 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:42 PM

Thanks for posting OP, I would've missed it if not. I got the ps4 ghost edition, I think that one will be very valuable.

Frankly, I find posts like yours even more annoying than people who post new threads for every retailer for every MSRP collector's edition that might sell out.  It's you basically saying, I don't care that other people will miss out on deals because these threads keep popping up and cluttering up the board, I got mine and that's all that matters.  

#19 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:44 PM

Frankly, I find posts like yours even more annoying than people who post new threads for every retailer for every MSRP collector's edition that might sell out. It's you basically saying, I don't care that other people will miss out on deals because these threads keep popping up and cluttering up the board, I got mine and that's all that matters.

I don't care that other people will miss out on deals. I got mine and that's all that matters.
Posted Image

#20 asspickle

asspickle

Scandinavian King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

Frankly, I find posts like yours even more annoying than people who post new threads for every retailer for every MSRP collector's edition that might sell out.  It's you basically saying, I don't care that other people will miss out on deals because these threads keep popping up and cluttering up the board, I got mine and that's all that matters.  

yeah cause we get tons of new deals posted on the hour everyday on this site  :roll:. Nobody is going to miss any deals because of this thread.

#21 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:49 PM

So many people buying just because it is sold out and not because they are genuinely interested in collecting.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#22 ghost1914

ghost1914

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

So many people buying just because it is sold out and not because they are genuinely interested in collecting.

I'm interested in collecting. I like sci fi stuff and this seems like something fun to have on my office desk.

#23 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

yeah cause we get tons of new deals posted on the hour everyday on this site  :roll:. Nobody is going to miss any deals because of this thread.

It's a precedent sort of thing. One or two threads aren't going to cause a problem, but we're seeing more and more people post CE threads on their own and since people constantly say "its okay" or "screw you haters I got my deal because of this", it will eventually cause a serious problem. Not to mention it's a slippery slope, since once we start to allow CE threads their own thread in the "deal" section, whats to stop preorder bonuses from getting their own thread for every game, game announcements and so forth. Heck, Vickers500 was all for the preorder Destiny to get into the beta thread simply because of a series of personal choices that made him unaware of when the beta started or that you would get the code upfront.

Isn't that 2014 CAG in a nutshell? I can't tell you how many threads / posts I've seen in the past 2 years about buying something because it might be valuable or rare instead of actually caring, but then again, this site continues to get worse. 2 years ago we wouldn't have saw a CE get its own thread, where as now a days it seems like people are okay with this being a game deal and announcement news forum.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#24 Electroplasm

Electroplasm

Destroy Erase Improve

• CAG Veteran

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

It's a precedent sort of thing. One or two threads aren't going to cause a problem, but we're seeing more and more people post CE threads on their own and since people constantly say "its okay" or "screw you haters I got my deal because of this", it will eventually cause a serious problem. Not to mention it's a slippery slope, since once we start to allow CE threads their own thread in the "deal" section, whats to stop preorder bonuses from getting their own thread for every game, game announcements and so forth. Heck, Vickers500 was all for the preorder Destiny to get into the beta thread simply because of a series of personal choices that made him unaware of when the beta started or that you would get the code upfront. It's a slippery slope... 

For this product an agument could be made for the old thread. However, there are very few actual deals on CE's. The CE thread is pretty silly for non-msrp deals.

red3ds.gifg27-gaming-wheels-images.pngg27-gaming-wheels-images.pnggalley2_th.png

#25 genneo

genneo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

Where's the digital guardian edition pre-orders for Xbox at?!

#26 Django Freeman

Django Freeman

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:54 PM

1) You can check with the mods, but I deleted my post prior to you quoting me because I decided I didn't want to argue and just moved on. 

2) I do dislike these posts because this IS a deal forum and we SHOULD see deals not MSRP dumps. As I keep posting, this is a common sense thing. If people posted every "conceptual" deal simply because someone might want to know, then the whole forum would become impossible to navigate. Not everyone feels this way and even some argue the mega threads are counter productive, but come the end of the day, Slick Deals doesn't have people posting MSRP announcements like we seem to get on CAG.

3) Why don't you grow up and do the mature thing of just ignoring me? You can't control my actions, but you sure shooting can control yours. It's not like you proved some sort of point by telling me off and acting like you're so much more mature than I am. 

Well if that isn't the pot callin the te-.......lololololz whatever, kid; enjoy your summer vacay!

#27 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:33 PM

Missed it. I'll grab next restock

#28 Django Freeman

Django Freeman

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

Where's the digital guardian edition pre-orders for Xbox at?!

Pretty sure that's exclusive to Sony

#29 even13flow

even13flow

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

I don't have any complaints about this thread, I was able to successfully order a PS4 Ghost Edition before it went out of stock.

Thank you OP, despite everyone else complaining.

#30 kilik64

kilik64

Carefree, Wherever We May Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:22 PM

Slickdeals is so much better than CAG

Why are you even here? Go to SD if you think so highly of it and dont have to see threads letting people know that a current hot item was back in stock at a major retailer.

Thanks op for the heads up, but waiting for it to show up for Best buy to get that 20 percent off.

rcerboss bet his CAG card and lost, and now wont leave. 

http://www.cheapassg...te-september-9/

kilik123.png