Playstation 4 Killzone Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Alazam

Alazam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:02 AM

Killzone: Shadow Fall for Playstation 4 is currently on sale for $19.99 or $15.99 for Gamers Club Unlocked at Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.c...5&st=categoryid$pcmcat296300050018&lp=1&cp=1

#2 ghost1914

ghost1914

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:10 AM

Might have to rebuy at this price. Thanks

#3 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

For someone who does not care one bit for multiplayer, does this game offer a good enough single player campaign to play though it at this price?

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Sorcery Saga, :3ds: N/A, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#4 kilik64

kilik64

Carefree, Wherever We May Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

For someone who does not care one bit for multiplayer, does this game offer a good enough single player campaign to play though it at this price?

Yes.

The MP is pretty fun though.

Edit: Changing to maybe as I forgot to do the obligatory "wait, it should be on plus eventually"

rcerboss bet his CAG card and lost, and now wont leave. 

http://www.cheapassg...te-september-9/

#5 jle7385

jle7385

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:15 PM

Definately

603171.png

none4johnny.png

#6 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:37 PM

Yes.

The MP is pretty fun though.

Edit: Changing to maybe as I forgot to do the obligatory "wait, it should be on plus eventually"

I might hold off for the eventual $10 sale.  I do prefer physical copies of the game vs digital (hence I do not have ps+)  Can I play this game w/out ps+ on PS4?  PS+ only grants multiplayer access right?

edaa9c273976.png

Currently Playing:  :vita: Sorcery Saga, :3ds: N/A, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#7 Jawabreaker

Jawabreaker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:08 PM

Has there been another current gen launch title that was supposed to be AAA that has been $20 as often as this has been in the first 8 months of its life? Damn...almost makes me sad for this game if it wasn't such a boring piece of street trash once the ooohs and ahhhs of the visuals wear off.

#8 kilik64

kilik64

Carefree, Wherever We May Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:16 PM

I might hold off for the eventual $10 sale.  I do prefer physical copies of the game vs digital (hence I do not have ps+)  Can I play this game w/out ps+ on PS4?  PS+ only grants multiplayer access right?

You dont have plus? Do you have a ps3 and or vita as well? Sorry but pretty silly to not get plus, even if you like physical. Especially with a ps4 as right now all the games you get are digital only to begin with. Already got prolly like 100 dollars (just a guess) worth of digital only games through plus since buying a ps4 day one. If you have a Triple and a Vita, even MORE reason to get plus.

Has there been another current gen launch title that was supposed to be AAA that has been $20 as often as this has been in the first 8 months of its life? Damn...almost makes me sad for this game if it wasn't such a boring piece of street trash once the ooohs and ahhhs of the visuals wear off.

I dont get the hate for the game, its not terrible. Its not OMG THIS IS AMAZING, but its a fairly decent experience. 

rcerboss bet his CAG card and lost, and now wont leave. 

http://www.cheapassg...te-september-9/

#9 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

Yeah, it's a pretty good FPS.  I'm not sure if I liked it or 3 better (haven't played Mercenary yet and it's supposed to be excellent).

It's not going to change your life but it's a good regular FPS.

EDIT: This should go without saying, but be sure to stay through the credits...

I liked Knack a lot more though, as far as exclusives I've played so far go.

Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#10 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:31 PM

damn I dont own a PS4 yet, not even thinking about getting one till next year but I am debating on getting this now so I have something when I buy one. 

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#11 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

You dont have plus? Do you have a ps3 and or vita as well? Sorry but pretty silly to not get plus, even if you like physical. Especially with a ps4 as right now all the games you get are digital only to begin with. Already got prolly like 100 dollars (just a guess) worth of digital only games through plus since buying a ps4 day one. If you have a Triple and a Vita, even MORE reason to get plus.

I dont get the hate for the game, its not terrible. Its not OMG THIS IS AMAZING, but its a fairly decent experience. 

I have ps3/4 and vita and I did have plus for a few months, but the digital games I got from them for ps+, I did not even have a chance to play.  The only reason I had a sub was to maximize some digital only purchases on vita/ps3.  I'll only have a spotty sub when I purchase more games that are digital only.

edaa9c273976.png

#12 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

Is the site not working for anyone else? I can't sign in to check out, just keeps saying "page not found".

edit:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://failover.ssl....own_stage.html?" on this server.

Reference #18.cd0af748.1405000414.b24d68

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#13 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

Is the site not working for anyone else? I can't sign in to check out, just keeps saying "page not found".

I have the same problem.

edaa9c273976.png

#14 Alazam

Alazam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

I just got my PS4 the other day and already had a couple of good deals from Best Buy. I got MLB 14 for $31.99 and now Killzone for $15.99. That $30 GCU membership I got has paid for itself 10x over,,,

#15 guessed

guessed

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

I just got my PS4 the other day and already had a couple of good deals from Best Buy. I got MLB 14 for $31.99 and now Killzone for $15.99. That $30 GCU membership I got has paid for itself 10x over,,,

Yeah, serious miscalculation on BB's part - they only meant for it to pay for itself roughly 4x over.

Also, since I ended up posting in this thread, surprised no one has mentioned that the KZ deal is in the weekly ad.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#16 thirtytwoutside

thirtytwoutside

HOW CAN SHE SLAP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:18 PM

The only KZ game I ever played was the first and I didn't like it too much... but for $20, I'll bite, if for no other reason to just hold me over until Destiny or something else comes out. In for one, thanks OP. This ought to hold me over for a little while.

CAG: Where it doesn't matter how good or how cheap a game is, but games would only be "worth buying" to people if only they were $10 cheaper.