Best Buy and pre-order rotating charges.

vickers500

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I've heard that whenever you pre-order something at best buy, they sometimes place a temporary charge on your account to make sure you have the funds. 

My current situation, is that I had 60 bucks in my account, with The Order CE edition pre ordered for 52 bucks, so I did have the funds.  But just now, I added some money to my account and now my balance is 130, BUT I just pre-ordered the Destiny Collector's edition for 125.

I don't check my account too frequently, but when I have, I never notice any pending charges, but what will happen when best buy tries to check both orders at the same time?  Will they notify me of insufficient funds and give me a chance to correct it or will they just cancel one or more of my pre-orders?  I don't have the money to pay for both games at the moment, but I will by the time they launch.  What's going to happen?  Because I'd really rather not lose the great deal I got on The Order 1886 Collector's edition because of Best Buys stupid rotating charges (heard someone use that term, dunno if it's right).

Last edited by a moderator:
They will keep hitting you with rotating authorizations until the items come out.

You'll need to keep the money in your account for both transactions until they're both charged and shipped.

And what happens if I don't have the money for both transactions in there at the same time?  Will both or one of the pre orders be cancelled?

You might get an email about the charges failing and getting a chance to fix that issue once, though if the money's not there, they will cancel the orders out.

Might be worth thinking about that before making pre-orders with money you don't have.

bread's done
Back