Photo
* * * - - 9 votes

Heads up to those who ordered Persona Q Shadow of the Labyrinth The Wild Cards Premium Edition from best buy for 49.99

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#1 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:22 PM

called up best buy about the order changing on my order page.

Was told  they were told about this issue and a fix  has been offered 

call up  1800BESTBUY

was told they will either

A.. cancel your order and place a new order   at the  49.99 price tag  ( not sure how  unlock would work)

or

B    offer you a  30.00 buck gift card     (What they are just asking for problems there) See notes why

I had two orders (had more but canceled them)

I had  (after tax)

Normal   42.59

LE  68.47

I figured  that would mean i would  get the normal one for around 10 and keep the the  LE sealed 

NOTES:  they said the 30 buck gift card will ship out  NOW   not when the game ships so people who are dishonest can cancel their orders and get  30 bucks free.

WOOOO I STINK

#2 keyblader1985

keyblader1985

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

KNEW I shoulda got in on that. But I saw it pretty late nd I figured it was too late.

#3 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:34 PM

Why do I get the feeling that the only reason slidecage got that giftcard was because the CS rep had no idea WTF slidecage was saying and just said that to get him off the line? 

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#4 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

Why do I get the feeling that the only reason slidecage got that giftcard was because the CS rep had no idea WTF slidecage was saying and just said that to get him off the line?

That would be hilarious if slidecage talked like he types. Not that I would be surprised.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#5 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

no  she said they had a meeting  on thursday about this and know all about it,   As soon as i told them my order number and what game it was she goes. O i know what your calling about   and have a fix to the issue.   Was only on the phone for around 3 or  4 mins (not counting the 10 min hold time) 

Also told her they really need to hold those gift cards off until   the game shipped but she goes, nope the card will ship and you will get it in 14 days and  if people want to be dishonest and  return the game or cancel after getting the card that is up to the person.   Told here  to be ready to be hammered by the scammers on slickdeals then   and she laughs and goes   i know all about that site 

WOOOO I STINK

#6 chnandler_bong

chnandler_bong

A cold-a$$ honky.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

NOTES:  they said the 30 buck gift card will ship out  NOW   not when the game ships so people who are dishonest can cancel their orders and get  30 bucks free.

Geez, let the scammers come to their own conclusion.  You don't have to spoon-feed them. :)

ach.png

xkcd comics: Zealous Autoconfig | Macgyver Gets Lazy | RTFM | Borders | A random comic strip

- Egon, this reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head. Remember that?
- That would have worked if you hadn't stopped me.

#7 jedex

jedex

Elite Chemist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

Oh yeah got it for 34

applied gamer unlocked discount first then customer rep added the 30 dollar gift card :)

#8 tearsintherain

tearsintherain

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

called in as well, ~10 min hold but the guy immediately knew my problem when he looked up my order number.  He initially said that don't worry, I'll get the right product and I don't need to do anything but I told him when I click through it still shows the wrong SKU and that a friend (you guys!) called in earlier and got a $30 gift card.  After a minute he agreed and told me to cancel my order and place a new one, and he was going to send a $30 gift card by mail for the difference and it'll take 7-10 days.

Will keep my order for now but probably going to cancel eventually, I hated Persona 4 on vita even though everyone raves about it, felt like some weird japanese high school sim game.

also would like to hear if anyone who has already cancelled called in and got the GC, a buddy did the same thing as me but he panicked and cancelled when the SKU changed.  Patience, grasshopper!

#9 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

That would be hilarious if slidecage talked like he types. Not that I would be surprised.

I imagine in real life, slide cage talks like a a british lord from Downton Abbey.  (Or if you prefer one of the various personalities of the green eared man from True Detective.)

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#10 jedex

jedex

Elite Chemist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

called in as well, ~10 min hold but the guy immediately knew my problem when he looked up my order number. He initially said that don't worry, I'll get the right product and I don't need to do anything but I told him when I click through it still shows the wrong SKU and that a friend (you guys!) called in earlier and got a $30 gift card. After a minute he agreed and told me to cancel my order and place a new one, and he was going to send a $30 gift card by mail for the difference and it'll take 7-10 days.

Will keep my order for now but probably going to cancel eventually, I hated Persona 4 on vita even though everyone raves about it, felt like some weird japanese high school sim game.

also would like to hear if anyone who has already cancelled called in and got the GC, a buddy did the same thing as me but he panicked and cancelled when the SKU changed. Patience, grasshopper!

I canceled and still got the 30 dollar gift card applied.

#11 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

Regret not pulling the trigger on this because BBY confirmed it was the wrong product.

Entirely different games.  This is going to be more like Etrian Odyssey.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#12 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

*sigh* I shouldn't have canceled my "preorder" after discovering it was for the standard edition... :headache:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#13 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

This might be a new solution. When I called in yesterday morning I had to stay on the line for about an hour, but was able to have my order cancelled and the Premium Edition reordered at the original price. Giftcard might have been better because I would be able to reorder the Premium Edition at $34 after the 20% off instead of $40.

#14 jedex

jedex

Elite Chemist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

*sigh* I shouldn't have canceled my "preorder" after discovering it was for the standard edition... :headache:

Cag's don't quit, I cancelled as well and called in explained the situation and got the premium edition for 34.

#15 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

Cag's don't quit, I cancelled as well and called in explained the situation and got the premium edition for 34.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#16 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:06 PM

Hmm, I pre-ordered it but only put $5 down at the kiosk. Does this have to be a Web order? Are in store pre-orders linked to your BB account?

#17 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

Slidecage.

My moon

My stars

Thanks guy.

Got 2x giftcard and modifying orders for the right sku with gcu.

BestBuy kicks Ass!

#18 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:42 PM

Thanks less then 10 minutes on the phone and offered the $30 as well

#19 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

cousin cancelled theirs and was told too bad   you get nothing.    So   YMMV on this 

WOOOO I STINK

#20 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:47 PM

I honestly didn't expect them to honor and just decided to cancel and just go the legit way and order my normal edition on Amazon like I was doing. I guess i'm not that type of CAG to exploit glitched listings unless it's a price glitch in like say a summer sale. Good luck all who do it though.

#21 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:55 PM

They won't do anything for me but good luck for the rest of you.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#22 R4L

R4L

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

So do you have to call them? Or do they do it automatically?

#23 lakers714

lakers714

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:36 PM

How did you get yours so low 

valleyfalcons.png

#24 OldSchoolGaming4Life

OldSchoolGaming4Life

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:43 PM

Well this was a colossal waste of time (30+ minutes). I explained the situation (like everyone else here) and in the end, "Your order is fine.. It's safe and you will get the correct version when it ships!". Yeah, no, I won't...

I didn't bother mentioning that people were being offered $30 GC's or were having them applied to new orders of the Premium Edition. Should I even bother trying again later? They already wrote a case # for me and "Took down some notes for me"... Ugh...

3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996
NNID: OldSchoolGaming
PSN: C90sRetroGaming
Youtube: http://www.youtube.c...hoolGaming4Life

GameFaq's: 90sRetroGaming
Feel free to add me! PM or comment on my page to add! :)

#25 leylines

leylines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:57 PM

Well this was a colossal waste of time (30+ minutes). I explained the situation (like everyone else here) and in the end, "Your order is fine.. It's safe and you will get the correct version when it ships!". Yeah, no, I won't...

I didn't bother mentioning that people were being offered $30 GC's or were having them applied to new orders of the Premium Edition. Should I even bother trying again later? They already wrote a case # for me and "Took down some notes for me"... Ugh...

This is what happened to me although I had the added hassle of a poor phone connection. They told me they'll update the sku which I found unlikely. She told me the 30 gift cards were only going to people who preordered at the 80 dollar price. I really doubt that they'll properly update my sku but I was "assured" that I would receive the premium edition. I'll probably call again tonight.

#26 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

You should try calling again if you have the patience. When i called the lady knew all about it and just did the giftcards and said they would modify order and check back online in a day or two, gave me case number to call back in if needed. I hardly had to explain anything.

#27 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:07 PM

How did you get yours so low

I think he's saying 34$ pre tax when factor out the 30$ gc

#28 trclamp

trclamp

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:28 PM

Even though I canceled my original order yesterday, I gave it a try anyway. Just called and the rep definitely knew what was going on and offered me $60 GCs for my 2 copies and also $10 for my trouble(elite plus member here). By offering $30 gift cards, Bestbuy actually makes it even cheaper for GCU. Originally it'll be 50*0.8=40+tax, now it's only 80x0.8-30=34+tax. :D/

#29 OldSchoolGaming4Life

OldSchoolGaming4Life

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:47 PM

This is what happened to me although I had the added hassle of a poor phone connection. They told me they'll update the sku which I found unlikely. She told me the 30 gift cards were only going to people who preordered at the 80 dollar price. I really doubt that they'll properly update my sku but I was "assured" that I would receive the premium edition. I'll probably call again tonight.

Yeah, I'm thinking about calling later tonight. The two representatives I had sounded like they had no real idea how to fix the issue with my order.. even when both were on the line with me at the same time in a three way chat...

You should try calling again if you have the patience. When i called the lady knew all about it and just did the giftcards and said they would modify order and check back online in a day or two, gave me case number to call back in if needed. I hardly had to explain anything.

Oh, I have patience! lol. I just hope they can get all this corrected and I get what I originally ordered for the price I ordered. Kinda surprised they didn't know what to do here. I explained the situation clear as day and it should have been easy for them to figure out the rest...

Better than mine. 

The first time I called the lady said that should could only help people who had the CE SKU (which makes no sense) and basically told me that I was screwed.

The second time I called I explained the situation and why I cancelled and she said that I was out of luck, even though I cancelled to avoid this headache in the first place. I then tried to explain why I disagreed when the phone "mysteriously" got disconnected. 

The representatives were "supposedly" having phone issues as well during my 30+ conversation ;). I left my order open and there was no way I was cancelling unless they did so themselves. I hope this issue gets resolved later tonight but who knows...

3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996
NNID: OldSchoolGaming
PSN: C90sRetroGaming
Youtube: http://www.youtube.c...hoolGaming4Life

GameFaq's: 90sRetroGaming
Feel free to add me! PM or comment on my page to add! :)

#30 Zimfier

Zimfier

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

So I called up Best Buy the lady tried to tell me the SKU was correct and I'd be receiving SKU#7377002 which is the normal edition.  She then spent 20 minutes tracking down the "$30 gift card or $30 off thing" for the LE.  I took the gift card because, quite frankly, I plan on cancelling Persona Q and getting it used at some point; I wasn't even really interested in the LE, sans the case, I just wanted to take advantage of their error.

All in all I was on the phone for 50 minutes.  ​Thank god I had a headset and my vita with Sorcery Saga to go through.  Manged to clear a dungeon while talking to her.  Now I'm half expecting the gift card to not arrive: It wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't.