(DEAD) Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (USED) ~$50 + tax after CAG16 & PUR @ Gamestop.com

fuck Gamestop. The fact they're charging $15 above MSRP of a brand new copy is ridiculous. They pulled off this shit with Xenoblade and they pulled this shit with Metroid. I'm not sure why Nintendo isn't making a big deal with Gamestop about this. For Wind Waker HD, they marked up the MSRP of the collector's edition because it was exclusive. The Xenoblade mishap was also pretty disgusting.

I can't believe Gamestop has a monopoly over this. They can just go up and request more copies, charge out of the ass for them, and try to play it off as if they always had them in the first place.

On a positive note, I believe on Black Friday Gamestop has been offering these reprinted games for less than $20.

Uh... the price increased. That's not a deal.
To give credit to OP, new copies of the game are about $160. With this, you're essentially getting a brand new copy for the price of $65/50.

But fuck Gamestop. They're wondering why they lose so many sales yet they pull of crap like this.

Well, I'm pretty sure this isn't a reprint, but GameStop did monopolize the copies of this particular game. But yeah, this is basically regular price with the usual CAG16 coupon code, which anyone could have done in the past year or so since they've had copies.

I'm sick of all the Gamestop shit talking in this thread. They do it for the gamers, not the money. Just because they're charging $15 over the original 2007 MSRP price doesn't make them greedy.

...someone needs to just castrate the CEO of GameStop.

Or Nintendo should make Wii titles downloadable in the eShop.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/fire-emblem-radiant-dawn/8742

I get the feeling this is a reprint given that a lot of stores near me suddenly have it in stock, but for those you that want to take a shot, go for it.

EDIT* Sorry, forgot link.

Yeah because every game that gamestop sells that is out of print is automatically always reprinted by them right?

giphy.gif

...someone needs to just castrate the CEO of GameStop.

Or Nintendo should make Wii titles downloadable in the eShop.
I would LOVE for retail Wii games to be made downloadable on the eShop. Maybe $20 or so a piece? I wish there was a "legit" way to get Wi-Fi for these games again though. I would even pay $5 or $10 a year if it mean't I could race online Mario Kart Wii once again with all my friends. Thanks to the shutdown I've lost contact with most of them...

Yeah because every game that gamestop sells that is out of print is automatically always reprinted by them right?

giphy.gif
A week ago, there were 3-4 stores that showed copies in stock and now there's nearly 20 stores with copies in stock. Similar things happened when Xenoblade and MP Trilogy were reprinted.

And I just said I had a feeling it was reprint, nothing more.

Love the people living in denial.  Sure fellas, it's not a reprint.  They just had 1000s of copies sitting in a warehouse somewhere, not selling them, to artificially increase demand by making people think it was a rare game.  Or 1000s of people traded in copies all at once.  Or one person traded in 1000s of copies.  

that's pretty cool of them if this is true. kudos to gamestop but hey why praise them for bring rare out of print titles we all want back to market when we can instead piss and moan about it because they aren't 5 dollars and instead are 50 or 60 dollars which is yes expensive but still noticeably cheaper than the used market sells them for and they are basically in like new condition

gamestop gets a cookie from me for this.

that's pretty cool of them if this is true. kudos to gamestop but hey why praise them for bring rare out of print titles we all want back to market when we can instead piss and moan about it because they aren't 5 dollars and instead are 50 or 60 dollars which is yes expensive but still noticeably cheaper than the used market sells them for and they are basically in like new condition

gamestop gets a cookie from me for this.
If you want to shill for Gamestop, don't do it here. Take a hike.

Not buying this from Gamestop. I find myself buying almost nothing from Gamestop as of late and I wondered why. Now I know.

According to Invizible, gamestop will be running B2G1 for Wii and DS games starting July 14th. So might as well just wait another day if you really want this game.

Sold my previous rental with faded cover art and no manual for $50. Glad I did now that it seems to be readily available in like new condition.

A week ago, there were 3-4 stores that showed copies in stock and now there's nearly 20 stores with copies in stock. Similar things happened when Xenoblade and MP Trilogy were reprinted.

And I just said I had a feeling it was reprint, nothing more.
You don't need to explain yourself to douchebags.

About a year ago, I got a brand new copy of this game on eBay for $60. Sometimes people throw games up there not knowing the value. It had BIN or Best Offer. Someone already put in a pending offer, I just snatched it. Buyer tried to get to cute thinking he could snag it for $50 probably.

Yeah I had a feeling this game would be rare some day so I bought three copies (1 for play, 2 for keep sealed) of them at Sears liquidation sale. I think it was for $14.97 each. Also Walmart had this game on clearance too. Same price. If anybody interested, I willing to trade one of my sealed copies for a mint/perfect copy of Path of Radiance. Hit me up.

fuck Gamestop. The fact they're charging $15 above MSRP of a brand new copy is ridiculous. They pulled off this shit with Xenoblade and they pulled this shit with Metroid. I'm not sure why Nintendo isn't making a big deal with Gamestop about this. For Wind Waker HD, they marked up the MSRP of the collector's edition because it was exclusive. The Xenoblade mishap was also pretty disgusting.

I can't believe Gamestop has a monopoly over this. They can just go up and request more copies, charge out of the ass for them, and try to play it off as if they always had them in the first place.

On a positive note, I believe on Black Friday Gamestop has been offering these reprinted games for less than $20.
Nintendo is probably in on it. I remember the Xenoblade reprint came with club nintendo code and I dont know how thats possible unless nintendo worked with gamestop. As for the price theyre charging, im not sure if nintendo has any say

I actually got this on release WAY back in the day. Crazy how the price shot up after 3DS Fire Emblem (it was around $30-$40 before that on eBay)

This game is my favorite of the series, but only if you play the one on Gamecube first. I would highly suggest playing Gamecube version and then this one next. 

I think about 200K copies of Radiant Dawn were released in US. 

With this likely being a reprint we should except cover art and manuals right? That uncertainty is the only thing stopping me from orderjng
I'm actually curious as to how they'll handle this.

Their last reprint (Cave Story 3D) was cart only, which was the first time I've noticed a reprint that was cart only. I mean, having game only reprints would probably save them quite a bit of money in production and shipping costs, but I guess that also depends on whether Nintendo would reprint just the game disc.

I'm sick of all the Gamestop shit talking in this thread. They do it for the gamers, not the money. Just because they're charging $15 over the original 2007 MSRP price doesn't make them greedy.
They do it for the gamers and not the money? Haha, no one believes that.

I'm actually curious as to how they'll handle this.

Their last reprint (Cave Story 3D) was cart only, which was the first time I've noticed a reprint that was cart only. I mean, having game only reprints would probably save them quite a bit of money in production and shipping costs, but I guess that also depends on whether Nintendo would reprint just the game disc.
Well, in the last generation, these are all the Gamestop exclusive reprints I can think of:

Xenoblade (complete)

Metroid Prime Trilogy (complete Not LE)

Super Mario All Stars (complete Not LE)

Dokapon Kingdom (Complete with color disc instead of light Blue)

Dokapon Kingdom (color disc only)

Cave Story 3d (cartridge only)

I do not know what else they have gotten used reprints of. Or what they pulled reprints for on the DS or PS2 or Ps1.

Love the people living in denial. Sure fellas, it's not a reprint. They just had 1000s of copies sitting in a warehouse somewhere, not selling them, to artificially increase demand by making people think it was a rare game. Or 1000s of people traded in copies all at once. Or one person traded in 1000s of copies.
This. How can so many people not understand what this is? It is exactly what happened with Xenoblade and Metroid Prime Trilogy

Yeah I had a feeling this game would be rare some day so I bought three copies (1 for play, 2 for keep sealed) of them at Sears liquidation sale. I think it was for $14.97 each. Also Walmart had this game on clearance too. Same price. If anybody interested, I willing to trade one of my sealed copies for a mint/perfect copy of Path of Radiance. Hit me up.
Very smart man.

Honestly I think they will all become FE games will become rare xD

Not that I like the price but Gamestop has as much right as anyone else to own games. It's used if they're the previous owner.

What's to say an employee at their distribution facility didn't run the game once, just to get in its token usage?

I think this would be a really cool idea if Gamestop didn't gut these brand new copies just to sell them as mark-ups. Of course Gamestop fluffers will say "Hey, at least they are making these games available to people that want them, so don't complain!"

That's the equivalent of me buying a pizza to give to a homeless person, eating half of it for myself before I give it to the homeless guy, and people going "Hey, at least he's giving them some food! Don't complain!"

It's still a scumbag thing to do.

That WW HD exclusive version came with a figure...which by itself sells for a pretty penny these days. That's not the best example to lump in with these other games.

That WW HD exclusive version came with a figure...which by itself sells for a pretty penny these days. That's not the best example to lump in with these other games.
I actually bought the collector's edition so I know about the value. However, Gamestop has been known for charging a "Nintendo tax" on various Nintendo products. For whatever reason, they charger higher on the same games that other retailers don't.

But it gets ugly when it's exclusive to Gamestop. They can do whatever they want with the price. MSRP below? Gamestop don't care, they'll charge higher and there's nothing you can do about it.

bread's done
Back