PlayStation Plus 12-Month Membership for $39.99 at Best Buy

You say that as if anyone seeing this thread will automatically see that one...
The weekly ads are always stickied almost immediately after they are posted, and well in advance of any sale. If people can't make an effort to even glance at them once, they don't deserve to get in on a deal.

I actually prefer these threads to the weekly ads. The weekly ad threads often look cluttered because of the formatting making it more difficult to read, there's not normally anything in the title to catch my attention, and the poor jokes such as "memberboat" don't help people find deals either.

The upcoming ads are useful - i look at them to see what is coming up, but i appreciate highlights posts like this one, b/c i might have missed/forgotten that PS+ was on sale this particular week.  

yes, if you spend all day analyzing CAG for the best deals, you knew this was a double up, but if you - like me - check in on occasion, this is a nice reminder.  It's not like every single line item in the ad is being posted as a separate thread...just a few key deals (PS+ at 40 is about as good as you can get w/o some shenanigans).... Also, criticizing a thread in a thread = bumping that thread.  i know the internet police cant usually themselves from speaking up...but you are just guaranteeing more traffic for the thread when you criticize.  paradoxically, you have made the thread more relevant!  lol.

The upcoming ads are useful - i look at them to see what is coming up, but i appreciate highlights posts like this one, b/c i might have missed/forgotten that PS+ was on sale this particular week.

yes, if you spend all day analyzing CAG for the best deals, you knew this was a double up, but if you - like me - check in on occasion, this is a nice reminder. It's not like every single line item in the ad is being posted as a separate thread...just a few key deals (PS+ at 40 is about as good as you can get w/o some shenanigans).... Also, criticizing a thread in a thread = bumping that thread. i know the internet police cant usually themselves from speaking up...but you are just guaranteeing more traffic for the thread when you criticize. paradoxically, you have made the thread more relevant! lol.
I don't care if the thread gets bumped. Having people see the deal is the name of the game. However as someone who was involved in the Speedy situation and transcribed some ads for a time it is a bit of an insult to those who provide the info. Having those ads go away would be a much worse outcome than two or three people not seeing this thread.

It's something to consider. It's too bad the effort into making them nice isn't done anymore, but the people who did didn't feel like it was appreciated. That's all I care to say about it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back