Should someone buy a playstation TV system over a playstation 3/ 4 / vita system

S

starmask2k3

Would someone be better off buying a playstation TV system then the playstation 3/4/vita system what do you gals/guys think are you thinking about selling your systems and just picking up a playstation TV system

Last edited:
I can understand selling your Vita, and I guess you can get rid of your PS3 and use PS Now, but you know you still need your PS4 system to remote play that system's games, right?

I wouldn't but I could certainly see the argument for a VIta TV over a Vita/PlayStation 3 combo---especially if portability isn't important. But it certainly doesn't replace owning a PlayStation 4 moving forward.

So u still need a ps4 system to play on the playstation tv I was thinking it played ps4 games too I didn't know it only does remote play

Last edited:
WOW... someone should read a bit.  All the PS TV really does and allow you to play your PS4 on another TV through remote play.  It allows you the ability to not have to move your PS4 from room to room or anything like that.  Yes it does play Vita game, and yes you can play some PS3 games through PS Now.  But it doesn't afford you the ability to truly get rid of your PS4 and PS3, it really can only replace your Vita.  Thus why it was originally called Vita TV in Japan because it could replace a Vita and all of it's capabilities.  

Whatever a Vita can do (minus portability on the go) the PS TV can do.  It is really just a Vita without a screen.

WOW... someone should read a bit. All the PS TV really does and allow you to play your PS4 on another TV through remote play. It allows you the ability to not have to move your PS4 from room to room or anything like that. Yes it does play Vita game, and yes you can play some PS3 games through PS Now. But it doesn't afford you the ability to truly get rid of your PS4 and PS3, it really can only replace your Vita. Thus why it was originally called Vita TV in Japan because it could replace a Vita and all of it's capabilities.

Whatever a Vita can do (minus portability on the go) the PS TV can do. It is really just a Vita without a screen.
Not ENTIRELY accurate.

PS TV cant play quite a few vita games, notably Tearaway and Uncharted.

Might change with better ds4 support with the touchpad, but currently some games are not compatible.

PS TV is a great companion device and I for one will be getting one when it comes out, Playing ps4 games in my bed at night before I go to sleep will be awesome.

You sell your PS3, PS4 and Vita to me for $100 because that's all they are worth now that PS TV plays all those games and is only $100 and saves tons of space. Heck, offering you $100 for them makes me a fool. You should take advantage before I change my mind.

Lol, definitely not a substitute if you play a lot of games on Vita or PS3.  A lot of Vita games aren't compatible--pretty much any that use the touch screen, rear touch pad or the gyro sensors won't work (a few may get patched if usage of that stuff was pretty superficial, but probably not worth it unless the Playstation TV sells really well).

That said, I may ditch my 3DS and/or Vita and pick one up.  I don't game a ton on portables, and have some neck problems lately that make it not great to be looking down at a handheld.  And I'd like to be able to remote play my PS4 to my second TV since remotely play on Vita sucks due to the lack of buttons.  Being 720p doesn't matter as my 2nd TV is an old 720p set anyway.

The PS Vita TV is meant to be complimentary to your existing system(s).

I'm buying one to put in the bedroom, while my PS4 and PS3 are in other rooms. That way, if I just feel like playing games in bed, I can do so. I've seen a lot of people talking about how they're going to replace their systems with the Vita TV (not just on CAG) - and this isn't possible. The Vita TV Has limited space, and will only be able to be used for PS Now games if you don't have a system local on your network.

With that said, I'm excited to get my hands on one. Sure, it may be 720p, but that allows playing if the living room is taken.

Not ENTIRELY accurate.

PS TV cant play quite a few vita games, notably Tearaway and Uncharted.

Might change with better ds4 support with the touchpad, but currently some games are not compatible.

PS TV is a great companion device and I for one will be getting one when it comes out, Playing ps4 games in my bed at night before I go to sleep will be awesome.
This is what's stopping me form getting the Vita TV. Those are two games I wanna play but can't.

I'm hoping those games get patched to work somehow, but know that's not gonna happen.

Are they unplayable due to not being remote play enabled?
No. They're Vita games that use the touchscreens and/or camera and/or gyros on the vita. Thus they aren't playable with a ps3 or ps4 controller.

Some games have minor usages of that stuff and could be patched. Some use it extensively and can't. Like Tearaway that's as much a demo for the Vita tech as a game and makes heavy use if the touchscreen, rear touch panel and camera.

No. They're Vita games that use the touchscreens and/or camera and/or gyros on the vita. Thus they aren't playable with a ps3 or ps4 controller.

Some games have minor usages of that stuff and could be patched. Some use it extensively and can't. Like Tearaway that's as much a demo for the Vita tech as a game and makes heavy use if the touchscreen, rear touch panel and camera.
Ah, gotcha. Didn't even cross my mind that the Vita touchscreen could affect portability/remote play. Woops.

Would someone be better off buying a playstation TV system then the playstation 3/4/vita system what do you gals/guys think are you thinking about selling your systems and just picking up a playstation TV system
Playstation TV is great if you want to stream your PS4 to a different TV or you want to play PSP, PSV and PSONE games on a TV.

The handheld PS Vita allows you to do all the above but from the toilet, from bed, on the couch next to somebody watching TV, etc. Also, some PS4 games will give you extra second screen features on your Vita. Not to mention there is now a trick that allows you to remote play PS4 via you Vita but while using a Dualshock 4 controller so you don't even need to settle for the Vita's controls anymore if you know how to do the trick (psssst, you just need to controllers and the ability to google the subject).

I have a PSP, a PSV, a PS3 and a PS4. While I may or may not ever play the PSP or PS3 again, I'm not going to get anything for either now to make it worth the trouble trying to sell them on Kijiji or conceding to EBgames' rip off trade in values.

bread's done
Back