Cheap, Fast, Easy Platinum: Megamind, Up, Terminator, Toy Story Mania, etc.

Electroplasm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Gamestop

Megamind (ps3) $4.99 used

$3 after pur + birthday coupon

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/megamind-ultimate-showdown/78132

Terminator: Salvation $8.99 pur

Under $3 after birthday 20% off + $5 off Kongregate coupons

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/terminator-salvation/73765

Disney Pixar's Up $8.99 pur

Under $3 after birthday 20% off + $5 off Kongregate coupons

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/up/73856

Hannah Montana the Movie $3.99

$3 after pur + 20% off

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/hannah-montana-the-movie/73964

Completion time: 4-7 hours per Platinum

Kmart

Eyepet & Friends $2.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Great game if you want an easy platinum. 1-2 hours for it seems a little extreme though. I rushed through it in co-op and it still took 4-6 I believe.

I spied a spee-yder!  Is the game any good?  I loved this movie, sadly, since it had no international marketability, they aren't making a sequel.

It's a good price for a game, but to buy a game for the sole purpose of beating it in a couple of hours for a platinum trophy is absurd. 

It's the exact same thing as people trying to boost their ego with gamer score. I think it's dumb but other people think it's fun.
I remember several years ago when that mentality was frowned upon but now it seems to be more of the norm which is odd.

It's all a pissing match and mine is bigger than yours Instagram stunting thing.

Great game, rented it awhile back and beat it twice but want a copy for the collection.

I remember several years ago when that mentality was frowned upon but now it seems to be more of the norm which is odd.

It's all a pissing match and mine is bigger than yours Instagram stunting thing.
Me and a bunch of other people got free xbox ones from Microsoft for having a high gamerscore so it means something.

instead of spending money on these turds just use gamestops 7 day policy to your advantage. why do people want to spend money on turds is beyond me. especially for plat trophys smh. walking dead and murdered soul suspect are super easy plats too

So are any of these games good?  At all?  I'd love a FPS Terminator game....

So are any of these games good? At all? I'd love a FPS Terminator game....
Terminator was terrible. Maybe passable in it's best moments, but it's glitchiness pushed it firmly into "broken" territory.

I thought it was terrible 5 years ago. I would not even consider wasting my time with this game if it was FREE, let alone $4.99.

Terminator was terrible. Maybe passable in it's best moments, but it's glitchiness pushed it firmly into "broken" territory.

I thought it was terrible 5 years ago. I would not even consider wasting my time with this game if it was FREE, let alone $4.99.
That sucks, but thanks for the input.

I was going to point this out. At least on the the Microsoft side there's some incentive to have a higher gamerscore.
Never heard anything about that, sounds more like a sweepstakes tbh. I did hear that if you get your score high enough Microsoft will give you some discounts, up to 2% off!!! Is that still going on?

Sure hope they don't go broke giving away free money like that
i&

Last edited:
Even if you were willing to play any of these, why waste a coupon on one? Just use Gamestop to "rent" whichever one you want, get the platinum within a week, and return the game with the original receipt.

You can find far, far, far better uses for a $5 off coupon. :shame:

That sucks, but thanks for the input.

Never heard anything about that, sounds more like a sweepstakes tbh. I did hear that if you get your score high enough Microsoft will give you some discounts, up to 2% off!!! Is that still going on?

Sure hope they don't go broke giving away free money like that
With the Xbox One giveaway I believe it was something like random people with at least X gamerscore got consoles. And you should sign up for Xbox Rewards.

Even if you were willing to play any of these, why waste a coupon on one? Just use Gamestop to "rent" whichever one you want, get the platinum within a week, and return the game with the original receipt.

You can find far, far, far better uses for a $5 off coupon. :shame:
But I also agree with this.

I have never been too into trophies, but the "the way I play my games is better than the way you play yours" attitude here is ridiculous. If someone wants to play games just for trophies, so what? I will probably pick up Megamind to play with my kid. Thanks op.

I have never been too into trophies, but the "the way I play my games is better than the way you play yours" attitude here is ridiculous. If someone wants to play games just for trophies, so what? I will probably pick up Megamind to play with my kid. Thanks op.
I kinda do have a problem with it. Far be it from me to tell a man what to do with his money, but the simple truth is that this practice goes a long way to supporting shitty games, and at the detriment of the good stuff. This thread itself is a testament to that. How much money is a shitty Up or Megamind game gonna make solely because of easy Platinums? I don't know, but the idea that it's making any at all is disturbing.

If all it takes to make profit is a shitty game with an easy platinum..... well, that's not a future I want.

I don't know, maybe it's just a vocal minority that does this, but if so it's a VERY vocal minority. I enjoy trophies in that they record my progress through a game, and are a simple way to see where a friend is at in his playthrough, but beyond that they hold little appeal to me and I have never given a shit about any gamer scores. I just don't get why others do....

Last edited:
Except alot of people here seem to have enjoyed a quick play through of Megamind, and there are some alright reviews for Up. If one enjoyed the movies it seems like it is likely that the game would be enjoyable as well. Games aren't objectively good or bad, it is all a matter if opinion. Some people hate "great" games and some people like terrible ones. They aren't wrong because it is just their opinion.

Except alot of people here seem to have enjoyed a quick play through of Megamind, and there are some alright reviews for Up. If one enjoyed the movies it seems like it is likely that the game would be enjoyable as well. Games aren't objectively good or bad, it is all a matter if opinion. Some people hate "great" games and some people like terrible ones. They aren't wrong because it is just their opinion.
I'm quite certain that E.T. on Atari is an objectively bad game. :nottalking:

I'm screwed in skyrim. Hundreds of hours and the 50th throphy is unattainable. Oblivion Walker. Blech. I let Silas live and did not get mehrunes razor. The exact opposite of an easy platinum lol

I'm quite certain that E.T. on Atari is an objectively bad game. :nottalking:
I once met someone who legitimately liked it. Claimed one just needed to read the instructions to have a better understanding of it and enjoy it. Though it is easily the worst game I have played.

I once met someone who legitimately liked it. Claimed one just needed to read the instructions to have a better understanding of it and enjoy it. Though it is easily the worst game I have played.
I had a really good friend who, a few weeks ago, told me that Batman Forever on the SNES is the best Batman game ever. I haven't spoken to him since.

I know I shouldn't hate him, but it's bad enough hearing somebody shit on the Arkham games, then that? I don't know if I have it in me to be friends with someone like that :???: Am I a bad person?

Last edited:
Even trophy hunters have lines they won't cross. I tried Terminator years ago just to see what all the talk was about and there was no satisfaction when I earned the platinum trophy. But if you are all about your platinum count then more power to you.

I had a really good friend who, a few weeks ago, told me that Batman Forever on the SNES is the best Batman game ever. I haven't spoken to him since.

I know I shouldn't hate him, but it's bad enough hearing somebody shit on the Arkham games, then that? I don't know if I have it in me to be friends with someone like that :???: Am I a bad person?
Nostalgia is a powerful beast. This is why so many people can't appreciate any Final Fantasy game beyond VII.

i refuse to buy a bad game just because it is cheap as my money is too valuable. buying games to grow my ”E penis” is even worse lol

I never understood it myself. So what, you earned an easy platinum that a million other people have as well because it was easy.......that's an accomplishment right there. They must be the same kids who were proud of winning "participant" awards in middle school just for showing up to track and field day.

Besides at the end of the day no one cares. No one will see your megamind platinum and be amazed, no one cruises your profile randomly and is impressed because your one of the other 100 million PS users who don't care what other people do.

Well either youre being facetious or youre a douche bag of the highest order.

For the sake of conversation lets go with the 2nd. Why do you care what someone else likes or dislikes? How does his favorite game actually make him a bad person to not be liked? How does it effect you personally? Basing your opinion of him based on his favorite video game is smug, pretentious and shallow. In turn, youre a bad person.

Nostalgia is a powerful beast. This is why so many people can't appreciate any Final Fantasy game beyond VII.
Nostalgia is not the issue here. The issue is square starting with ff7 started caring more about graphics and cut scenes than they did about anything else and the company as a whole started its long slide down the proverbial shitter to where it still sits even today. To the vast majority of people the FF series is shit after 7 (or in my case shit starting with 7), just because youre one of the few who disagrees doesn't make the other 98% of the gaming population wrong, or you right.

ill only get plats for games i really love like the god of wars, kingdom hearts, ff x hd (god this one was time consuming lol). other than that i just game for fun and move to the next one

Sad fucking life. Brb playing video games you probably won't even enjoy for some stupid, fake, gaming score that you're going to brag about. These people need to reevaluate their lives/priorities.

Nostalgia is not the issue here. The issue is square starting with ff7 started caring more about graphics and cut scenes than they did about anything else and the company as a whole started its long slide down the proverbial shitter to where it still sits even today. To the vast majority of people the FF series is shit after 7 (or in my case shit starting with 7), just because youre one of the few who disagrees doesn't make the other 98% of the gaming population wrong, or you right.
Wow, settle down there. My comment was more neutral than anything. I personally want to see games in a series evolve over time and not stick with stale gameplay and story. Yes, I do like the games after and including FFVII, but I never made any comment about everyone who disagrees with me being wrong. And the vast majority? Bit of hyperbole there, eh?

bread's done
Back