Wii U System - Picking one up next week. Best Options?

Rodimus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Finally getting on board with the Wii U next week. I'm not up to date with what deals are out there so if someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

I do want to to get a couple games, mainly Mario Kart 8. I know there are bundles out there like the New Super Mario/Luigi bundle and the Mario Kart 8 one which seems to be difficult to find. I would like to get the Mario Kart bundle if one is available anywhere.

Finally getting on board with the Wii U next week. I'm not up to date with what deals are out there so if someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

I do want to to get a couple games, mainly Mario Kart 8. I know there are bundles out there like the New Super Mario/Luigi bundle and the Mario Kart 8 one which seems to be difficult to find. I would like to get the Mario Kart bundle if one is available anywhere.
Out of the way Walmart's are the only place I've seen the MK8 bundles. BB sold out really quickly as did Target.

I've had success getting the M&L bundle from Sears and earn $50+ SYWR points (not to mention cash back through cash back sites) which could then be put towards MK8.

One of the best values right now is buying a refurbed wii u directly from Nintendo's website. Its $200 for a 32gb wii u that comes with Nintendoland. I haven't read anything bad about them either so you're most likely to get a like new model though it does take a few days to ship. Sorry I don't have a link, but it shouldnt be too hard to find.

If you don't want refurbished I believe Target is going to or is having get a $25 giftcard with the purchase of the Wii U with the Super Mario/Luigi games.

i forget the exact catch on the refurb consoles, but i believe that they don't qualify for the deluxe digital promo and could be something else.  might just check the fine print before you actually buy it

No, they do. It's pretty much brand new.
yeah, you're right. i just looked it up again, and it says that they are:

Eligible for Deluxe Digital Promotion
... but Not eligible for Club Nintendo hardware registration Coins

so you lose out on 160 CN coins, shouldn't be that big a deal for most

Sounds good guys. I picked one up. Losing out on 160 coins is nothing compared to saving $100.

So let me get this strait about the Deluxe Digital Promotion. After you spend $50 on digital games you get $5 back? If not could someone explain.

Thanks again guys.

Thanks, however I don't think I'll be spending that much on digital games. Only one I plan on picking up is Shovel Knight. But who knows, it's nice to have the option at least.

FYI, if you buy Mario Kart 8 and register the code by July 31st, you get a free downloadable game. When you download the game it actually gives you credit like you bought it. So Pikmin 3 and NSMBU are $59.99 games so they give you 599 points, Wind Waker is $49.99 so that gives you 499 points. I'm not sure how much Wii Party U is though.

So any of those games should get you a free $5 eshop code with no effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, if you buy Mario Kart 8 and register the code by July 31st, you get a free downloadable game. When you download the game it actually gives you credit like you bought it. So Pikmin 3 and NSMBU are $60 games so they give you 600 points, Wind Waker is $50 so that gives you 500 points. I'm not sure how much Wii Party U is though.

wii party u is $39.99 on the eshop, so it gave me 399 points.

FYI, if you buy Mario Kart 8 and register the code by July 31st, you get a free downloadable game. When you download the game it actually gives you credit like you bought it. So Pikmin 3 and NSMBU are $59.99 games so they give you 599 points, Wind Waker is $49.99 so that gives you 499 points. I'm not sure how much Wii Party U is though.

I'm aware. I'm still undecided as to which one I'm getting, but I'll pick it up sometime early next week. One of the main reasons why I wanted to get a Wii U soon was before the MK8 promotion expired.

yeah, you're right. i just looked it up again, and it says that they are:

Eligible for Deluxe Digital Promotion
... but Not eligible for Club Nintendo hardware registration Coins

so you lose out on 160 CN coins, shouldn't be that big a deal for most
I got my Wii U system on Monday and had to address the point that I was able to register the system and get the 160 coins for the Nintendo Club. I'm not sure if this is a system to system case but mine seemed brand new. Just wanted to point that out.

I'm super happy with the system and thanks again for recommending the refurbished ones from Nintendo.

bread's done
Back