Amazon DOTD - The Mel Brooks Collection ($21.99 BD; 7/18 Only)

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Amazon Gold Box has The Mel Brooks Collection as today's Deal of the Day. Blu-ray is $21.99. DVD is $18.99.

41ajJ7f%2BQ7L._SX300_.jpg

BD includes:

Disc 1: The Twelve Chairs
Disc 2: Blazing Saddles
Disc 3: Young Frankenstein
Disc 4: Silent Movie
Disc 5: High Anxiety
Disc 6: History of the World - Part 1
Disc 7: To Be or Not to Be
Disc 8: Spaceballs
Disc 9: Robin Hood: Men in Tights

-7 Featurettes Plus 6 Blu-ray Exclusive Featurettes
-4 Trivia Tracks
-5 Isolated Score Tracks
-Commentaries, Interviews, Documentaries, Still Gallaries and more on selected films

The DVD does not include Spaceballs. Not sure about the special features.

Very tempted now that I've seen the full list. 5 fantastic movies in that plus a few others I'm not overly familiar with. Am I the only one that kind of hates collections like these though because "where do I put these on my shelf? M for Mel Brooks? Ugh, but the rest won't be in their order..." 

OCD is the life for me. 

For $3 more, to get Spaceballs and all the rest in better visual/audio quality and features...why not?

Also, a rundown:

Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs, History of the World: Part 1 and Robin Hood: Men in Tights are the cardinal Mel Brooks titles everyone should see. If anything, save Robin Hood: Men in Tights for dead last in the viewing order; when you've seen all the rest of the following above, you'll get why (those who know what I mean know what I mean by this =)). The others are more mild comedies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very tempted now that I've seen the full list. 5 fantastic movies in that plus a few others I'm not overly familiar with. Am I the only one that kind of hates collections like these though because "where do I put these on my shelf? M for Mel Brooks? Ugh, but the rest won't be in their order..."

OCD is the life for me.
Same here. I have the same problem with my Christopher Nolen collection and all of the Triple Feature blu-ray packs I have...

OCD is the life for me.
My collection has compilation sets in a seperate section and then put into alphabetical order. So like the aliens anthology goes in with the regular movies because its just aliens movies but I put compilation sets seperate and then alphabetized them.

So mine starts with movies beginning with numbers, then letters, then ends with compilation sets.

If anyone missed this, I'm sure it will be DOTD again in the near future.  It was DOTD numerous times before I finally pulled the trigger at some point two years ago.  I paid 28.99 July 2012 and have not regretted it one bit.

bread's done
Back