Photo
* * * * - 10 votes

(GameStop) Get The Last of Us Remastered 50% off when trading in The Last of Us for PS3

• Please log in to reply
408 replies to this topic

#1 SativaSam

SativaSam

The Price of Evil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:12 AM

http://imgur.com/wbLy59X

This would make it $24.99.

Offer valid July 27 through August 2

Source: http://www.reddit.co...d_time_only_25/

#2 pedrobeara

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:14 AM

not at my gamestop Source: douch manager 

#3 ThusSpokeZarathustra

ThusSpokeZarathustra

Listen to the tiny trollop!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:19 AM

Wouldn't it be 24.99? And PUR cards don't work on new titles, so just $24.99 + tax.

#4 SativaSam

SativaSam

The Price of Evil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:19 AM

Wouldn't it be 24.99? And PUR cards don't work on new titles, so just $24.99 + tax.

Was just going off what the OP at Reddit posted.

#5 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:30 AM

You should put GS in the title OP

#6 tearsintherain

tearsintherain

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:32 AM

should put @ Gamestop in the title.  good deal.  TLOU PS3 trades in for $20 at Target this week and $12 at Best Buy, dunno GS.  The game MSRP is $50, with GCU at Best Buy it'll be $40 and Target is running some small promos that are pretty crappy (get $10 off a 1 year PS+ sub etc).  

PS4 version of TLOU is 60 fps and includes the single story DLC which costs $15 on PSN, so if you already have the PS3 version worth trading up since its basically paying $10 more than the DLC for the full ps4 game.

game will probably trade for $35-40 the first two weeks, which is more than enough time to finish, plat it, play some MP, and be done.

#7 captpluto9465

captpluto9465

CAGalicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:39 AM

Will probably do this on Sunday and cancel my $45 Newegg order.

#8 SativaSam

SativaSam

The Price of Evil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:39 AM

You should put GS in the title OP

done

#9 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:42 AM

Decent deal since it includes all released dlc, and hinted at the possibility of more.

#10 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:53 AM

Downfall of going digital. =(

Oh well, this is one of the few games I don't mind paying msrp for. 

:3ds: : ---   :psp: : ---

:br: / :dvd:  : Walking Dead S4

:pc: : Skyrim

:wiiu: : ---   :xb1: : ---   

:ps4: : Destiny/TLoU/Shadows of Mordor

#11 lds337

lds337

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:21 AM

PUR Pro cards get 10% extra on trade-in credit on the base trade value.  So if the base is $10 and the bonus is $15.00 on trading in your PS3 version for PS4 version the Pro card holder would pay $23.99 + tax

Posted Image

#12 ajpearman

ajpearman

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:38 AM

Bought digital, well fuuuuuck me. Sony needs to announce the option to upgrade to the PS4 version for digital buyers. I shouldn't have to spend $110 for one game on two consoles made and published by the same company.

#13 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:54 AM

The $5 off coupon from that mobile game should work with this, correct?

#14 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:59 AM

One of the main reasons to not go digital on consoles (PC is ok though). Can't trade or sell your games for a reasonable amount from deals like this.

Could probably find a pawn shop with it for $10 or so and trade that in.

#15 GiSS88

GiSS88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:07 AM

The $5 off coupon from that mobile game should work with this, correct?

I won't say 100% yes, but I would think you are fine. However, the bottom of the coupon says "cannot be combined with any other offer", so this may be a YMMV deal.

#16 singer07

singer07

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:27 AM

by now people should know what they are getting themselves into when they buy digital. imo buying digital is idiotic, the cons far outweigh the pros. 

#17 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:28 AM

Bought digital, well fuuuuuck me. Sony needs to announce the option to upgrade to the PS4 version for digital buyers. I shouldn't have to spend $110 for one game on two consoles made and published by the same company.

Sure, they could, but why do they have to? They've already lowered the price by $10 as is, and it's well worth the $50 price tag they are asking. Hell, I bought the Survival Edition last year, the season pass, and I'm hanging onto my PS3 copy, so in the end, I will have paid $150 for the game across two platforms, and I will have no qualms with doing so. Up until I purchased my PS4, I played The Last of Us steadily.

This is mainly being released for those who didn't get a chance to play it last gen, and they are getting a solid deal on it. Why not just wait until November rolls around and pick up a digital copy on sale? Why are people even complaining about HAVING to spend money on the game again?

76561198003985248.png

#18 ItsKayJayBee

ItsKayJayBee

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:37 AM

Is this store specific or a company wide promotion? Going to have to pre-order this if it applies to all stores.

#19 Konfusion

Konfusion

Bleeding Purple and Black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:40 AM

Pretty good deal, but I already traded mine in right after they announced the Remastered PS4 edition. I'm probably going to wait for a sale at Best Buy anyway.

OrganizedChaos11.png

#20 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:40 AM

You don't, you are choosing to. Vote with your wallet, don't buy it until it is on sale if it isn't worth it to you....There is no have to here at all...

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#21 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:41 AM

I won't say 100% yes, but I would think you are fine. However, the bottom of the coupon says "cannot be combined with any other offer", so this may be a YMMV deal.

Hmm might be a hurdle than. If you can get this for $20 though, thats a great deal

#22 kalione

kalione

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:02 AM

Ouch! Just trade in my PS3 copy to GS several days ago.=(

#23 asianmentality

asianmentality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:57 AM

Noob question. If you don't have a case for the game will they still take it? I've never traded in games to gamestop.

#24 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:04 AM

Noob question. If you don't have a case for the game will they still take it? I've never traded in games to gamestop.

You can just go to a Gamestop and ask for the case. I've never been denied when I just asked for it.

#25 Jardarpp

Jardarpp

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:06 AM

Don't wanna get rid of my original copy, sorry Crapstop. Will maybe pick this up at a later date for dirt cheap. The trophies were a pain btw. 

Jardarpp.png

#26 asianmentality

asianmentality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:14 AM

You can just go to a Gamestop and ask for the case. I've never been denied when I just asked for it.

Ok cool. I got last of us free with the playstation 3 bundle so that's good to hear.

#27 Konfusion

Konfusion

Bleeding Purple and Black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:39 AM

I've never had a problem trading disc only.

OrganizedChaos11.png

#28 RySenkari

RySenkari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:39 AM

Damn, I ordered this from Kmart to get the points and they don't do cancellations apparently. Guess I have to email them and hope for the best.

#29 DRV

DRV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:08 AM

WTF.  I already traded this game in.

Danreb R. Victorio
Senior Editor, SmashPad
http://www.smashpad.com

#30 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

just a heads up. Evidently this game takes over 50 friggin gigs on the HDD o_O Seems pretty damn excessive to me. I honestly dont know how long these tiny 500gb hds the PS3 and Xbone are supposed to last with stuff like this

I actually was kinda considering grabbing this but dont see the point in wasting that much space when its the same game

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\