Photo
* * * * - 8 votes

(GameStop) Get The Last of Us Remastered 50% off when trading in The Last of Us for PS3

• Please log in to reply
311 replies to this topic

#301 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 04:22 AM

Has anyone tried trading in 2 copies of the ps3 version to get the ps4 version?

Against policy to take 2 copies of the same game on the same system.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#302 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 04:43 AM

Did anyone buy the last of us and get a PS3 bundle version from Best Buy? I'm curious.

TRADE LIST LINK BELOW: SELLING BRAND NEW PS4 and (DAY ONE EDITION) XBOX ONE

I am also selling off a portion of my trade list, please send me offers if interested. ENJOY. Help me clear some space!

#303 GiSS88

GiSS88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 04:47 AM

Please let us know if you have success with doing this. I also want to do this but no one in this thread has confirmed that we can use both promos to get it for $20 + tax instead of $25.

It worked for me. However, I traded in yesterday so they couldn't tell me they won't stack.

#304 @FIF

@FIF

Posted Today, 04:48 AM

I just picked up my copy and this will be the first time playing through it. I need some advice without spoilers from those who have played both the game and the DLC. Should I play the prequel (Ellie's back story) first before playing the main game? Or should I play the game in the order it was released?

Play in release order.

#305 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 04:52 AM

Against policy to take 2 copies of the same game on the same system.

Crazy policy when they`ll sell two to you although there is 1 store that won`t sell 2 copies saying it`s not allowed. I always go there last & wait for the BS then when say it I pull out receipts from the surrounding stores that do it all the time.
They act like it`s their personally owned franchise I`m like you have 15+ copies of club penguin let me take 3 off your hands.

#306 Borjoyzee

Borjoyzee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 04:58 AM

Heh. This is why I took advantage of their 50% trade in bonus last week, got $26 each for those $9 copies of AC:IV from the Best Buy glitch, made a few preorders, and then canceled everything and just loaded up on Xbox and PSN credit. Less hassle than these GS jokers. I'm a customer, take my money, and leave me be.

#307 Borjoyzee

Borjoyzee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 05:00 AM

I did decide to get TLoU on PS4 through the PSN store. Tax free! So that's something. Also picked up Sound Shapes and preordered Hohokum.

#308 StupidGonzo85

StupidGonzo85

Posted Today, 05:33 AM

Did anyone buy the last of us and get a PS3 bundle version from Best Buy? I'm curious.

Did that happen to you too? It happened to me when I did a in store pickup. I told the cashier I ordered the game not the bundle. There was no way I would make it pass security. They usually ask to see the receipt on items over $100.

#309 StupidGonzo85

StupidGonzo85

Posted Today, 05:59 AM

Crazy policy when they`ll sell two to you although there is 1 store that won`t sell 2 copies saying it`s not allowed. I always go there last & wait for the BS then when say it I pull out receipts from the surrounding stores that do it all the time.
They act like it`s their personally owned franchise I`m like you have 15+ copies of club penguin let me take 3 off your hands.

Yeah there employees are dicks. I called asking if they could order me a ps3 GTA5 bundle. The guy on the phone says yeah, its no problem. So I get to the store and ask the csshier to order me the bundle. She goes we only sell whats in stock, we don't order items online for customers. I tell her how do they sell preorders if the games aren't in stock. She gave me a dirty look. I tell her I called before arriving and the man on the phone said he could do it. She then asked another employee if I talked to him he says no. She then tells me I must of called some other store. I tell her no, get my phone out my pocket and show here the number I called. I'm holding the phone in front of her face asking her if thats there store phone number. The manager walks out from the backroom and she tells him the situation. He goes oh I remember talking to you over the phone. He walks to the computer and orders the bundle. She then tells the manager I didn't know we could do that. While he ordering I tell him his employee was giving me shit. He then says I'll have it delievered to your house with free 2 day shipping. I only been there one time since then.

Edit: could someone forward me the ad for the Last of us trade in for the ps4 version, I'm going to try it tomorrow after work.
jgonzales14@cox.net

#310 @FIF

@FIF

Posted Today, 06:35 AM

Yeah there employees are dicks. I called asking if they could order me a ps3 GTA5 bundle. The guy on the phone says yeah, its no problem. So I get to the store and ask the csshier to order me the bundle. She goes we only sell whats in stock, we don't order items online for customers. I tell her how do they sell preorders if the games aren't in stock. She gave me a dirty look. I tell her I called before arriving and the man on the phone said he could do it. She then asked another employee if I talked to him he says no. She then tells me I must of called some other store. I tell her no, get my phone out my pocket and show here the number I called. I'm holding the phone in front of her face asking her if thats there store phone number. The manager walks out from the backroom and she tells him the situation. He goes oh I remember talking to you over the phone. He walks to the computer and orders the bundle. She then tells the manager I didn't know we could do that. While he ordering I tell him his employee was giving me shit. He then says I'll have it delievered to your house with free 2 day shipping. I only been there one time since then.

Edit: could someone forward me the ad for the Last of us trade in for the ps4 version, I'm going to try it tomorrow after work.
jgonzales14@cox.net

So, in that story you're the dick. Remember, people working retail get crappy pay and even crappier training. There's a very good chance that someone who browses CAG or any other deal site knows more about Best Buy, GameStop, and their promotions than many of the stores' employees. Very few Best Buy employees I've encountered know how to correctly enter GCU, how to make OMS orders, etc. Instead of being a jerk when you run into someone who isn't well informed, you could politely ask for their manager. If the *manager* is a d-bag, you complain to corporate.

The GS promo info is on their website. As a bunch of people have reported, it applies automatically if PS3 trade and PS4 sale are in the same transaction. The CSR doesn't need to scan a barcode from marketing book. Even if the person helping you knows nothing about the deal, it'll trigger.

#311 cbulas1

cbulas1

Posted Today, 01:43 PM

For anyone asking, definitely play the full game first then the Left Behind DLC.

I did this deal yesterday, and the employee in my store was shocked when the trade in value showed up at $25 instead of the 10ish or so dollars he was probably expecting my PS3 copy to get me.  I know all employees can't know about every deal and promotion all the time, but TLoU Remastered was the biggest game release yesterday and GS is the only store offering any kind of "upgrade and save" option from the PS3 version!

Posted Image

#312 tearsintherain

tearsintherain

Posted Today, 01:54 PM

game is definitely worth it, i played around 8 hours last night and just couldn't turn it off, last game I did that was assassins creed 4 (destiny beta didn't really wow me that much).  It even made me decide to go and play all the Uncharted's next on my untouched ps3, I am really impressed by Naughty Dog.