GOTY Watch: Best Five Games of 2014 So Far?

Hey guys - on my new blog (below in signature) I wrote a blurb about each of the five best games of 2014 so far. What are your favs and why? Comment on my blog if you like the post please! I'll list mine here:

5. MLB 14 The Show

4. Wolfenstein New Order

3. South Park Stick of Truth

2. Mario Kart 8

1. Shovel Knight

Ive played some good games this year but none of them except mario kart 8 came out this year....  I imagine most people on these forums are in the same place because we are cheap!

Ive played some good games this year but none of them except mario kart 8 came out this year.... I imagine most people on these forums are in the same place because we are cheap!
I know I am; most of the games I've beaten this year are older releases. The best 2014 game I've played so far (out of… two, I think? Not counting browser games...) has been Tropico 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't played too much that was released this year. I'm sure games like Mario Kart and Shovel Knight will be on my list when I get my Wii U soon. So far I'd have to say this:

5. Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn

4. Infamous: Second Son

3. South Park: Stick of Truth

2. Walking Dead: Season 2

1. Wolf Among Us

Sure the first episodes of Waling Dead and Wolf Among Us were released last year but the bulk of the series has been this year so I'm counting them as 2014.

Last edited by a moderator:
#5 Wolfenstein

#4 Divinity Original Sin

#3 Titanfall (I know It's overhyped, but honestly the only MP game I've sunk more then 50+ hours into so far this year.)

#2 Mario Kart 8

#1 Dark Souls 2

I don't even own some of these games, but from my brief playtime with them/from what I've seen that's my choices. This year is pretty tough,if you count HD upgrades I'd probably still pick Tomb Raider.

Honorable mentions: Shovel Knight, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze,  Dangonronpa, PVZ Garden Warfare, Sword Art Online (when it hits the states in August)

Not alot has come out this year that really interested me. Aside from Titanfall, Watch Dogs, and Infamous Second Son, 2014 has been pretty boring so far. I picked up South Park but haven't played it yet.

I can't really say to be honest, I haven't played too many games this year yet. I suppose South Park The Stick of Truth is high up there. Maybe even Titanfall in some ways. 

Like most here I havent played a ton that came out this year but my list:

-Mario Kart 8
-Infamous Second Son
-Watch Dogs :ps4:
-Wolfenstein :ps4:
-MLB 14 The Show :ps4:

- Divinity Original Sin

- Freedom Planet

- Shovel Knight

- Dark Souls 2 (Steam Version)

- The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (Steam Version)

So far for me it probably has to be

5. :wiiu: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
4. :xb1: Watch Dogs
3. :xb1: Child of Light
2. :ps4: InFamous: Second Son
1. :xb1: Wolfenstein: The New Order

I'm pretty either or right now on inFamous and Wolfenstein. I can't decide which I like more.

2014 goty so far for me would be infamous then second son. I wish the last of us could win again because the remaster is just amazing.

bread's done
Back