Wal-Mart Blu Ray $8.88 (YMMV)

StupidGonzo85

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
The local Wal-Mart has a sale on blu rays. Thet were in a bin. These are the ones I saw
Fight Club (10th anniversary)
End of Watch
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
The NeverEnding Story
The Departed

Half of them had UV stickers on them and they said to redeem by 2015 or 2017. I looked online and the prices are higher.

Last edited by a moderator:
walmart online and walmart instore are two different entities. they will not price match online and online won't price match in store. therefore if you see something nice that you want online buy it and ship to store or if you see it instore and figure you'll go online you're out of luck. 

7.88/8.88 Blu ray bins are no stranger around here.  Getting movies with UV codes for that price are good deals. :)

walmart online and walmart instore are two different entities. they will not price match online and online won't price match in store. therefore if you see something nice that you want online buy it and ship to store or if you see it instore and figure you'll go online you're out of luck.
Actually, Walmart B&M should price match with their online store. I price match all the time and I have never once been denied, even when the online price was significantly lower.

I've also done this at multiple stores.

Actually, Walmart B&M should price match with their online store. I price match all the time and I have never once been denied, even when the online price was significantly lower.

Really I've been told no because it falls under internet pricing which is something they don't price match. I've tried it before. However, an easy way around this is to just buy it online and get it shipped to the store. A little bit of a wait but not as much of a hassle. Even better if you have a Neighborhood Market they can ship it there too and you won't have to deal it with all the people

Wal-Mart will not price match their site as it's against their policy. They will only PM competitors. Whoever says otherwise is lying, has a very incompetent store or is a fucking scammer who harasses everyone in the store until they give in just to shut them up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Consider yourself lucky. It is actually written in their policy that they do not match walmart.com.

The only store I know who price matches their online prices is target
target employees being an ass in my area. they will tell you that they won't match online so if you find a product buy it online and select in store pick up and you can get it for that price. most cases however the online price is for an item that is not listed in the store but actually is for whatever reason (extra stock, dwindling stock, etc.) so they are forced but that's the new policy according to the manager.

[SIZE=medium]I have two Supercenters within five miles of each other and both price match with Walmart.com and have for years. Most of the time when I present the printout for the price adjust the employee tells me they don’t think they are able to match the price but they always go and ask a superior and in every instance they come back and make the adjustment. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I certainly don’t throw fits or cajole and every time the transaction has gone smoothly and quickly. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I will state that the notion that a store will price match other stores and online prices but not their own is egregiously nonsensical. The merchandise is coming from the same place and, as one of you already pointed out, the site will even ship the item to the store or have them pull said merchandise off the floor to fulfil an order. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Regardless, sorry to hear it’s such a chore for so many of you.  [/SIZE]

Wal-Mart will not price match their site as it's against their policy. They will only PM competitors. Whoever says otherwise is lying, has a very incompetent store or is a fucking scammer who harasses everyone in the store until they give in just to shut them up.
[SIZE=medium]This post struck me as both unnecessarily harsh while also existing as a shining beacon of fallacious logic. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]So let’s examine your three scenarios:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Your first postulation is that I might be lying and while that is possible, I would inquire as to how such a lie would be worth my time or why, specifically, I would engage in such a deception? I’ve been a member here for many years and while I am not a prolific poster I certainly haven’t written or done anything within the tenure of my membership to suggest I am amoral or dishonest. While you can, conceivably, accuse anyone of lying you generally should have some form of evidence or, at the very least, provide some reason for the accusation. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Your second scenario claims the store is incompetent by which, I will assume, you are actually referring to the store management. This is entirely possible given that others in here are claiming my experiences successfully price matching are anomalous but given that I have done this at two separate stores greatly diminishes the chances of these exception being the result of a single, rogue location. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Your final possibility, which suggests I am some manner of “scammer” or asshole who throws fits until I get the price adjustment, is also possibility but in this case untrue. I don’t lash out at employees when told NO because they are simply following the rules and guidelines set forth by their employer and I wouldn’t expect them to risk their job to placate a stranger. It’s also worth noting that I am a professional and my wife and I make a very good living so as much as I love to save a few bucks here and there I am not going to expend any real energy contesting a policy by throwing a fit. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The problem is that you’ve erroneously posited that there can be only three reasons for my claim when in fact there could be far more, the most obvious being that I was simply sharing my experiences in hopes that it might help someone else, which is actually the crux of this entire site. [/SIZE]

bread's done
Back