Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter) Complete Series Deal of the Day at Amazon

dispite.female heroins being succesfull in movies recently (hunger games) and games (heveanly sword) wb is still.scared to do a wonder woman movie. i mean come on guardians of the galaxy has a badass talking raccoon, A RACCOON !!!!! are marvel confident in the sourse material ? clearly yes lol. wb should be too

dispite.female heroins being succesfull in movies recently (hunger games) and games (heveanly sword) wb is still.scared to do a wonder woman movie. i mean come on guardians of the galaxy has a badass talking raccoon, A RACCOON !!!!! are marvel confident in the sourse material ? clearly yes lol. wb should be too
Eh - I think you're overreaching. Heavenly Sword was not that successful and female superhero movies have historically not done well. Supergirl was a blockbuster failure and the more recent ones of note have equally been unsuccessful (Elektra, Catwoman, Aeon Flux, and Barb Wire). Even Salt with Angelina Jolie turned out to be ho-hum at the box office. Tomb Raider is an exception, but not a big one. It'll be interesting to see if Besson's Lucy does better with Scarlett - though I'm skeptical.

I am not saying it's not possible, but there is some rationale to the WB AND Marvel's reluctance. Powerful female heroes don't seem to attract much attention from moviegoers. That may have more to do with the moviegoing demographic, however. More women go to the cinemas. More guys read comics and play videogames, though that said, even videogames with female leads don't do very well (Remember Me - bomb, Wet - bomb; even Tomb Raider's latest foray took a lot of marketing muscle to get it to a respectable sales figure -- and recall that the game was essentially ported to every platform available to get it there).

Wonder Woman's origin is, frankly, ridiculous, even by comic book standards. I'm not convinced she can be translated to the big screen without some big compromises. Look at Black Widow -- I mean, the movies don't even try to tell you where she came from.

We'll see whether Snyder tinkers with her background to make it work. There is already a lot of rumors that Gadot's version will have ties to Superman's Krypton ...

Eh - I think you're overreaching. Heavenly Sword was not that successful and female superhero movies have historically not done well. Supergirl was a blockbuster failure and the more recent ones of note have equally been unsuccessful (Elektra, Catwoman, Aeon Flux, and Barb Wire). Even Salt with Angelina Jolie turned out to be ho-hum at the box office. Tomb Raider is an exception, but not a big one. It'll be interesting to see if Besson's Lucy does better with Scarlett - though I'm skeptical.

I am not saying it's not possible, but there is some rationale to the WB AND Marvel's reluctance. Powerful female heroes don't seem to attract much attention from moviegoers. That may have more to do with the moviegoing demographic, however. More women go to the cinemas. More guys read comics and play videogames, though that said, even videogames with female leads don't do very well (Remember Me - bomb, Wet - bomb; even Tomb Raider's latest foray took a lot of marketing muscle to get it to a respectable sales figure -- and recall that the game was essentially ported to every platform available to get it there).

Wonder Woman's origin is, frankly, ridiculous, even by comic book standards. I'm not convinced she can be translated to the big screen without some big compromises. Look at Black Widow -- I mean, the movies don't even try to tell you where she came from.

We'll see whether Snyder tinkers with her background to make it work. There is already a lot of rumors that Gadot's version will have ties to Superman's Krypton ...
marvel is making a black widow movie so i dont see why wb cant have the balls to.do a ww one. they can slightly tinker with the sourse material like marvel is doing for avengers 2 regarding ultrons creation if they need too

marvel is making a black widow movie so i dont see why wb cant have the balls to.do a ww one. they can slightly tinker with the sourse material like marvel is doing for avengers 2 regarding ultrons creation if they need too
I don't disagree with you. I'd like to see it, too, but I'm not convinced that bad storylines/concepts are the only reasons why female superhero films haven't succeeded.

As for Black Widow, I would doublecheck your facts. Marvel has never announced a stand-alone Black Widow film. The only news that has come out is that they are in developments/considering one. That is very far away from "making" one. The vast majority of Hollywood films stay in development stages for decades and most of the them die there.

Until Marvel confirms a release year, they are no different than the WB, which in fact HAS made female superhero films -- just not lucrative ones :)

Wonder Woman has, like, 3 different origins. Hell, you don't even need to tell her origin. She's the daughter of the queen, that's enough origin there. Take some cues from the aninated movie and Justice League. Obviously some elements of 300 will be shoehorned in there too.

You are gonna have to explain that one. Her origin (especially her New 52 origin) is one of the least convoluted in comics, and aside from the most basic version of Batman/Superman's origin I'd say it's one of the most straightforward too. Daughter of Zeus, raised on the island of the Amazons....... that's literally it. What more do you want?

No, WW orign is fine. You want to complain about origins, look at the newest origin for Superman (where Superman traveled back in time and was actually present for the end of Krypton). And even that is downright normal compared to some of the crap Marvel's got going on......

Wonder Woman has, like, 3 different origins. Hell, you don't even need to tell her origin. She's the daughter of the queen, that's enough origin there. Take some cues from the aninated movie and Justice League. Obviously some elements of 300 will be shoehorned in there too.
I'm confused here too. Before the New 52 the only origin I remember is the one where she was made from clay and the gods brought her to life.

Last edited:
In the original comics, she was just another Amazon who won the right to wear the WW armor and weapons. Then she got a new origin in which she was born from Hippolyta and blessed by the gods. Post-Crisis added the "born from clay" bit as well as other minor facts. Then she was an orphan raised in New York for a few years. Finally, New 52 just went and made her a demigoddess right from the start.

That's not even getting into Donna Troy.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back