Best Buy Black Friday in July, Wii U for $260

[quote name="strait edge follower" post="11952444" timestamp="1406213761"]the movers coupon should stack with the wii u deal making it 233.99$. a great deal indeed ![/quote]

Where do I get a movers coupon?

Ugh I have a movers' coupon and sort of want a wii U. Do you think that price is good enough with movers' coupon or should I wait for Black Friday? I can wait if it is a good deal and especially with school around the corner... just kind of want opinions about this...

Ugh I have a movers' coupon and sort of want a wii U. Do you think that price is good enough with movers' coupon or should I wait for Black Friday? I can wait if it is a good deal and especially with school around the corner... just kind of want opinions about this...
You can get a refurbished Wii U off the Nintendo store for $200.

Hmm even more enticing. But isn't the price $233 good for deluxe wii u 32gb and the games as well. I'll check on the wii u you are talking about though. $200 sounds enticing as well

I see that the $200 is a deluxe version as well and has one game. I guess it is also the matter of if I want it refurbished or new as well. Plus with best buy I get points too...hmmm...

I see that the $200 is a deluxe version as well and has one game. I guess it is also the matter of if I want it refurbished or new as well. Plus with best buy I get points too...hmmm...
Manufacturer's refurbished products are usually as good as new and are usually just open box items that got returned to the manufacturer for whatever reason, tested, and repaired if necessary. I know in another thread people were saying they've been getting new systems in Spanish language packaging that looked like they were just sent back to Nintendo from a retailer.

i bought the refurb wii u from nintendo 2 months ago and got a brand new unit, its of course ymmv whether the units they are sending out now are still new or not.  up until E3 wii u's were languishing in sales so they had a huge overstock, but they have been doing pretty brisk sales since MK8 and the E3 announcements.

Remember that you can buy 3-4 copies of MK8 at Target this week for $46/copy ($15 preorder promo deal) or even $35 if you get them to PM amazon.  You can redeem the Club nintendo codes from those MK8s for a free copy of Pikmin 3, Super Mario U, Zelda HD, and Wii Party U.  Then trade in the extra copies at Gamestop or Best Buy for $30-40.  Take that trade in money and buy a Pro controller, Motion+ (both on sale at Best Buy this week), and anything else you want.

Also the refurb Wii U's all count as DDP, so for every free game you redeem you get back $4-5 in DDP eshop cash, and can use that to buy Luigi U.  A friend did that this week, bought the refurb Wii U for $225 shipped (tax), bought 4 copies of MK8 at Target, traded 3 of them back to Best Buy for more than he paid and bought accessories.  For around $320 he got 6 games, 2 pro controllers, 2 motion controllers, and leftover $20 in eshop credit.  hard to beat

time is ticking down though you only have until 7/31 to redeem the MK8 CN codes and claim your free games.  you don't need a Wii U to do that part, you get eShop codes and have until 8/30 or 9/30 I believe to redeem them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Killzone showing up at $39.99 for me.  Did the price change already?

Edit: Price changed when I added it to the cart to $15.99.  Thanks OP.

[quote name="TheBiz" post="11952957" timestamp="1406225596"]Killzone showing up at $39.99 for me. Did the price change already?

Edit: Price changed when I added it to the cart to $15.99. Thanks OP.[/quote]

With GCU?

Any idea if Walmart will price match this? I bought one a week ago with all that trade in credit I got from the madden promo.

Well, you can buy refurb from Nintendo for $200 right now, which is a good deal, but I gotta be honest here, you're probably not gonna see a better deal for a Wii U this holiday season. People always think the deals are gonna be better than they are. The last two years running have been straight garbage for gaming deals. So, personally, I'd either buy refurb (which still gets Deluxe Digital Promotion) or buy this. Actually I'd buy this because it comes with NSMBU and NSLU, which would cost you the extra $60 anyways after refurb, only this way you're buying brand new.

That's just my two cents though.

Was able to get Wii U deal in store and clerk applied the 10% movers coupon (I actually moved lol). YMMV as when he scanned the coupon it didnt apply the 10% and he had to do it manually. Lucky I got a nice clerk and had coupon that stated valid online also.

Had some trade in credit also so final price was only $187. Not bad since sons b-day next week and last minute whim decided he wants a wii u

i bought the refurb wii u from nintendo 2 months ago and got a brand new unit, its of course ymmv whether the units they are sending out now are still new or not. up until E3 wii u's were languishing in sales so they had a huge overstock, but they have been doing pretty brisk sales since MK8 and the E3 announcements.

Remember that you can buy 3-4 copies of MK8 at Target this week for $46/copy ($15 preorder promo deal) or even $35 if you get them to PM amazon. You can redeem the Club nintendo codes from those MK8s for a free copy of Pikmin 3, Super Mario U, Zelda HD, and Wii Party U. Then trade in the extra copies at Gamestop or Best Buy for $30-40. Take that trade in money and buy a Pro controller, Motion+ (both on sale at Best Buy this week), and anything else you want.

Also the refurb Wii U's all count as DDP, so for every free game you redeem you get back $4-5 in DDP eshop cash, and can use that to buy Luigi U. A friend did that this week, bought the refurb Wii U for $225 shipped (tax), bought 4 copies of MK8 at Target, traded 3 of them back to Best Buy for more than he paid and bought accessories. For around $320 he got 6 games, 2 pro controllers, 2 motion controllers, and leftover $20 in eshop credit. hard to beat

time is ticking down though you only have until 7/31 to redeem the MK8 CN codes and claim your free games. you don't need a Wii U to do that part, you get eShop codes and have until 8/30 or 9/30 I believe to redeem them.
Dude....I'm exhausted just reading that!

movers coupon = 233.91

Best buy CC bonus program = 207 -> 210

thats the way i plan on going with previous promotion credits looks like a $60 WiiU to me.

this movers coupon you guys speak of, can I have one? I can give you a PC/Steam game like BioShock or other recent humble bundle games..lol

Was able to get Wii U deal in store and clerk applied the 10% movers coupon (I actually moved lol). YMMV as when he scanned the coupon it didnt apply the 10% and he had to do it manually. Lucky I got a nice clerk and had coupon that stated valid online also.
Had some trade in credit also so final price was only $187. Not bad since sons b-day next week and last minute whim decided he wants a wii u
Did you have to go to Customer Service to get the "Black Friday" price? I'm assuming it rings up as $299 at the front registers, even if they enter in your Elite info, since this deal is advertised as online only.

this movers coupon you guys speak of, can I have one? I can give you a PC/Steam game like BioShock or other recent humble bundle games..lol
either go to your local PO or register at usps.com for a change of address. will cost 1.05 that way seems easier and a sure thing

Did you have to go to Customer Service to get the "Black Friday" price? I'm assuming it rings up as $299 at the front registers, even if they enter in your Elite info, since this deal is advertised as online only.
Yea rings up $299 but no I went to a regular register and showed clerk price on phone.

Worth mentioning that the refurb Wii U buying process is a little wonky.

• Made my order on Monday, but its status is still just "Submitted" as of Friday.
  • Initially charged $235 on Monday
    $200 for Wii U
  • $25 for Remote+ and Nunchuk
  • $10 for 2 Day Shipping

[*]Today the charge was amended to $247.46. I assume this is tax, but no idea why it took a week to be added.
So I still have no idea when I'll actually get my order. If I could walk into Best Buy today and pick up a bundle that comes with a  reasonably good game (the refurb comes with Nintendo Land) for only $20 or so more, I think I'd do that instead.

Of course this is all cold comfort having missed out on that MK8 bundle. I was just waiting to get paid for a freelance job to go pick one up when I found out it was discontinued.

I picked up one of the Wii U bundles for ~$276 after tax. Thanks for sharing, OP!

there are (at least) two physical movers coupon Best Buy inserts.  one is 10% off a single item, it is IN STORE ONLY and has a scannable UPC, expires 8/31/14.  The second is a 10% off entire order, it has both a scannable UPC and a seperate line that has a 10 digit code you can type in online at bestbuy.com.  The second one expires 11/15/14.  

So if you got the older one try hitting a different post office

bread's done
Back