Captain Toad (Wii U) Preorder at Kmart.com 39.99 with $10 SWYR

Figured it wouldn't be a $59 retail title. Glad to see it is getting a retail release. $39.99 isn't too bad though if it has enough content. I enjoyed the Toad levels in SM3DW so as long as there is plenty of content to justify it will be getting it. 

It was a fun little mini game but it was kind of clunky. I just don't see how this could possibly be worth it for me (or most people even). Give me a little game with a tight story and 3-4 hrs of puzzles as a download for $15 or $20. For $40 you're going to have 10-15hrs of these puzzles. That's going to get boring.

Says the person who has never even played the actual game yet.

No one knows if this game is going to be a different beast than the mini game version from SM3DW because wait for it....

the game hasn't even been released yet.

Shocking revelation, I know.  

Why don't you, I don't know... wait for it to be released first to form a more legitimate opinion?  

What a concept.  :whistle2: 

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a fun little mini game but it was kind of clunky. I just don't see how this could possibly be worth it for me (or most people even). Give me a little game with a tight story and 3-4 hrs of puzzles as a download for $15 or $20. For $40 you're going to have 10-15hrs of these puzzles. That's going to get boring.
I'll trust Nintendo EAD to keep it entertaining, for now. They can add powers and other stuff as well.

I do appreciate how Nintendo is much more willing to sell titles under $59.99. Even DK:TF was $49.99 MSRP.

Says the person who has never even played the actual game yet.

No one knows if this game is going to be a different beast than the mini game version from SM3DW because wait for it....

the game hasn't even been released yet.

Shocking revelation, I know.

Why don't you, I don't know... wait for it to be released first to form a more legitimate opinion?

What a concept. :whistle2:
Wow stay off the caffeine. It's a video game, not your LIFE pal.

what happens if you preordered at $59.99 using a $20 off coupon when the deal was $20 in points?
I believe you'll have to contact their customer service to take care of it. I had already preordered the game earlier as well. I opened up a chat with them and explained the situation. The woman said that she could take care of it no problem. She adjusted my account and told me that when the order shipped, I would be charged the full price, then given a $20 refund. I saved the transcript just incase it doesn't turn out like that.

Wow I thought this was going to be a $15 downloadable game or something...
As did I. I almost busted a gut when I saw this up somewhere (Amazon I think?) for $60. I swear Nintendo fanboys would pay $60 for a dog turd with Mario's face stamped on it..... oh wait I guess they already did, it's called Mario Sports Mix :rofl:

....or maybe I'm wrong if this MSRP is now $40. Glad to see somebody out there taking a stand, but I'm still not touching a preorder at that price.

I don't know, fleshed out a TON maybe it could make a fun $40 game..... but with Nintendo's track record, I'm sure that's not the case, this is just another money grab crapped out quickly to make a fast buck.

Last edited:
Surprised there isn't more discussion about the deal on Wii U games at Kmart. I pre-ordered Bayo 2 and Hyrule Warriors and got $51.20 in credit.. $20 for each game and since it was my first purchase they gave me $10 extra store credit. Basically $25 off retail for each of those 2 games. I'd be really surprised if there's a better deal on those pre launch. I kind of want to pre-order Smash and Captain Toad with this deal as well.

Surprised there isn't more discussion about the deal on Wii U games at Kmart. I pre-ordered Bayo 2 and Hyrule Warriors and got $51.20 in credit.. $20 for each game and since it was my first purchase they gave me $10 extra store credit. Basically $25 off retail for each of those 2 games. I'd be really surprised if there's a better deal on those pre launch. I kind of want to pre-order Smash and Captain Toad with this deal as well.
That's old news, and besides K-Mart is known for cancelling orders like that at the last second. Don't get your hopes up, and if you just have to have these at launch have a back-up plan in place.

bread's done
Back