BestBuy Last of us , Gran Turismo 6, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z ps3 $19.99 Deal Is DEAD!

The real question is, Is GT6 worth getting with free Drive Club on the way in Nov.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know how long this is going to be on sale? I have a $5 cert pending and another I'm sitting on, with GCU this could be a great deal if it stays on sale long enough. 

Is GT6 worth getting with free Drive Club on the way in Nov.
It's not much better than GT5. It's mostly the same old cars and tracks from GT4/5. For only $16 with GCU, it's not a bad game though. I paid $60 when it came out and was pretty disappointed. I don't recall what features were missing/changed, but I remember not being happy about some things compared to GT5.

Thanks for posting. I'll probably pick up a copy of The Last of Us to take to Gamestop and trade towards Remastered.

The real question is, Is GT6 worth getting with free Drive Club on the way in Nov.
Free Driveclub doesn't come with a lot.

It's not much better than GT5. It's mostly the same old cars and tracks from GT4/5. For only $16 with GCU, it's not a bad game though. I paid $60 when it came out and was pretty disappointed. I don't recall what features were missing/changed, but I remember not being happy about some things compared to GT5.
So it's basically GT5 Super Turbo Hyper Championship EX Edition?

GT6 was a blast to play with the Driving Force GT wheel. Unfortunately I sold both the wheel and the game in anticipation for a next gen wheel racing experiencing, still no announcements...

If you are a GCU member already it doesn't make sense to go through the hassle of buying the PS3 version for $16 then trading it at Gamestop and pay $25 for PS4 version which equals $41 total, when you can just buy the Remastered PS4 version from best buy for $39.99 after your GCU discount.

I don't get it. GCU buys TLOU for $16, trades in at GameStop and pays $25 for Remastered, spent $41 total. Seems silly since GCU takes Remastered down to $39.99 anyway right? Is there some advantage to this I'm forgetting? Unless a person has a lot of certs waiting in the wings, I don't see a point in buying this TLOU to trade to GameStop.

For $16, I can get either get GT6 PS3 or Drive Club and a bucket of Wally Ranch Wings. decision..., decision...
GT6 trades in for $15.63 at Walmart, so buy it and if you don't like it, trade it in for wings.

If you are a GCU member already it doesn't make sense to go through the hassle of buying the PS3 version for $16 then trading it at Gamestop and pay $25 for PS4 version which equals $41 total, when you can just buy the Remastered PS4 version from best buy for $39.99 after your GCU discount.
I don't get it. GCU buys TLOU for $16, trades in at GameStop and pays $25 for Remastered, spent $41 total. Seems silly since GCU takes Remastered down to $39.99 anyway right? Is there some advantage to this I'm forgetting? Unless a person has a lot of certs waiting in the wings, I don't see a point in buying this TLOU to trade to GameStop.
Not everyone has GCU, but yeah, I was thinking that too. If you don't have GCU, then it only saves you $5.

Lol, we practically posted the same thing at the exact same time. WOAH!

Yeah, not really a savings, but I've got way more GS credit than Best Buy at the moment.

Free Driveclub doesn't come with a lot.
DRIVECLUB full bought with some money not wasted on PS3 duds seems like a lot to me

qmzfuo_by_gavinuk86-d7ptw1j.gif

Beyond Two Souls, Puppeteer, God of War Ascension and PlayStation Sports Pack Vol. 1 are all showing at $19.99 each before GCU. Thinking about The Last of Us and Ratchet & Clank but I want to order $35 worth of games to get free shipping. Can anyone recommend either Beyond Two Souls or Puppeteer at $16 each for someone who owns neither game?

Beyond Two Souls, Puppeteer, God of War Ascension and PlayStation Sports Pack Vol. 1 are all showing at $19.99 each before GCU. Thinking about The Last of Us and Ratchet & Clank but I want to order $35 worth of games to get free shipping. Can anyone recommend either Beyond Two Souls or Puppeteer at $16 each for someone who owns neither game?
Puppetteer is a really special game and visually stunning

Beyond 2 souls was a dud- just a bad story even if you forgive lack of gameplay

the free PS+ version of Driveclub will only include one country of race tracks (India), the full version also has England, Canada, Chile, and Norway.  Each country has 11 race tracks so you are kind of only getting 1/5th of the game free :(

Hmmm, is it worth the $5 to buy from Bestbuy and hold it until next week to trade in for the $25 off TLOU Remastered..... hmmmm

GT6 was disappointing.  Unless they did some major updates to it, GT5 is better.

Also, am I the only one who got bored of the TLOU an hour into the gameplay?  I just quit right after.  Story did not grab me at all.

I think GT6 for 17 bucks is worth it, though I really think its crazy that there were upscaled PS2 models used in a racing game released in 2013.

The premium vs standard thing is insane. Just make every car "premium" especially since you spend 5 years in between games

Puppetteer is a really special game and visually stunning

Beyond 2 souls was a dud- just a bad story even if you forgive lack of gameplay
I second Puppeteer- an amazing visual treat. It may be this generation's Okami - a great game that nobody played.

I was thinking about picking up Beyond -- I only buy exclusives for my PS3 -- but I've heard such terrible things. Is there any redeeming quality about this game or is it just bad all the way through?

Link for sports pack? Or did I miss that deal? If you are talking about the MLB 14/NBA 2K14, I am seeing $59.99.

Gran Thrismo 6 is amazing. I got it recently for $40 on PSN, so it's kind of a bummer that it's half that price not even a month later, but I am truly addicted. Haven't even thought of touching Forza 5 since, and I may even end up selling it soon.

If you got PS4 you shouldprobably just skip this TLOU deal. And go straight to Remastered version. Its got the sp DLC (w/c people say is great) and the MP map packs. MP is so much fun. It's very far from the fast paced mp games i've played since. It values teamwork and stealth more than anything else.

GT6 was disappointing. Unless they did some major updates to it, GT5 is better.

Also, am I the only one who got bored of the TLOU an hour into the gameplay? I just quit right after. Story did not grab me at all.
You just played it for an hour.. That's not even 1/5th of the game. You probably just got past by the prologue and the first 2 chapters. Progress a bit more, it took me like 16 hours to beat my first playthrough. To me it was a great game throughout, especially the final 1/4 of the game. Darn that was some crazy shit.

I think GT6 for 17 bucks is worth it, though I really think its crazy that there were upscaled PS2 models used in a racing game released in 2013.

The premium vs standard thing is insane. Just make every car "premium" especially since you spend 5 years in between games
Polyphony Digital: 110 employees

Turn 10: 300+ employees

Polyphony also takes more time developing each premium car.

http://www.gtarena.com/community/resources/gt6-vs-forza-5-photomode-comparison.46/

HpHEVJe.jpg

ot0Vm2a.jpg

Link for sports pack? Or did I miss that deal? If you are talking about the MLB 14/NBA 2K14, I am seeing $59.99.
you are correct. it is $59.99, that is why i didn't post it.

updated with

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z $19.99 for both ps3 xbox 360

That's actually a good idea!
Not sure if SRS. If you were to pay even $16 w/your gamers club unlocked membership, you still have to pay an additional $25 on top of that, effectively paying $41 plus tax. At the same time you could just use your gamers club unlocked at best buy and get the remastered edition for $40 after the discount. But hey, you do what you wanna do.

Edit: looks like GamerDude is on the same page as me. What I will say is that unless you have the $5 off coupon, then maybe it would make sense. None of you guys mentioned that though, so I'm assuming you're willing to pay $41 for the game, in which case you're all...

Ugh should i get GT6...

I was hoping there would be an HD version on PS4 and sold it. Liked it a lot.

Driveclub is coming too though.

Two souls is better

Two souls is better
I say Puppeteer is way better, though it was free for PS+ members and $7 on a PS+ sale a little before that. Beyond Two Souls is not a game. It's an interactive story, kind of like Heavy Rain.

Thanks for the heads up.  Went into Bestbuy and picked up TLOU.  

Think I'll play through it again and when Tuesday comes I'll take advantage of that $25 credit towards the Remastered edition.  I have a bunch of GS credit so it'll be nice to save a bit when getting it.

Good deal BB have ppl take the excess PS3 TLOU off you`re hand & flood them to GS. You not get asmany remaster sales but the mybb pts equal a sale in the future.

bread's done
Back