Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

$25 eGift Card at Dell with preorder of ULTRA Street Fighter IV.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 NewportBox100s

NewportBox100s

It's Gucci! BURR!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

Now that's a great deal. Just placed my preorder. Between this and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5, these may be my last two PS3 games..

#2 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

How are you pre-ordering a game that's out already?

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#3 NewportBox100s

NewportBox100s

It's Gucci! BURR!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

I hope you aren't serious.

#4 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

I hope you aren't serious.

Ultra SF4 came out like a month ago?  They were playing it at EVO?  Am I missing something?

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Trade List

#5 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Da fuq you lookin at bruh?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

Ultra SF4 came out like a month ago?  They were playing it at EVO?  Am I missing something?

Only digital. Physical releases in August. 

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png710791.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Madden 15 & Destiny   :ps4: TLOU:Remastered   :wiiu: Nothing   :360: Nothing   :ps3: Trine 2  :3ds: Nothing   :vita:  Nothing

#6 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:24 PM

Only digital. Physical releases in August. 

Well that's incredibly stupid.  Glad I didn't try to go get the physical version then.

Trade List

#7 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

What is a dell eGift card really worth? Never in my life have I said "Man, I really need to purchase something from Dell's website". Might as well get chuckie cheese tokens and swag bucks for pre ordering. 

Man you people are cheap.

#8 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:28 PM

Links?

#9 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

What is a dell eGift card really worth? Never in my life have I said "Man, I really need to purchase something from Dell's website". Might as well get chuckie cheese tokens and swag bucks for pre ordering. 

From what I've read it's mainly useful for chaining these deals together endlessly and amassing a pile of TVs in your house.  Hear lots of issues with these though so I've never gotten into that cycle.

Trade List

#10 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

Links?

The link is in the last post from yesterday here if you want the link http://www.cheapassg...3#entry11954596

#11 NewportBox100s

NewportBox100s

It's Gucci! BURR!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:35 PM

I used my last $25 credit on Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and got it for 20 bucks!!

#12 Lordd_G

Lordd_G

90's Gamer 4 Life!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:37 PM

Dell gives out these eGC's like candy... last holiday the partner at my firm was giving away several $100 Dell GC's he had leftover from when he upgraded the office PCs.

Here's some things you can buy with said Dell GC's that might tickle your fancy:

http://search.dell.c...l&k=playstation

http://search.dell.c...&cat=all&k=xbox

:grouphug: Not only are we cheap gamers, but we're also asses! :grouphug:

#13 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Da fuq you lookin at bruh?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:48 PM

To anybody that's thinking about this just remember Ultra only costs $14.99 to upgrade to if you have SS4 or SS4 Arcade. Arcade was free on PS+ and GwG at one point, so you could get this $15. Just a heads up. Crazy that Capcom is charging $40 for it. Should be $20, no more than $30.

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png710791.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Madden 15 & Destiny   :ps4: TLOU:Remastered   :wiiu: Nothing   :360: Nothing   :ps3: Trine 2  :3ds: Nothing   :vita:  Nothing

#14 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

Well that's incredibly stupid.  Glad I didn't try to go get the physical version then.

How is it stupid? If you go the digital route, you need an old version of the game. You're paying for only the new content so it's $15. If you go the physical route, you're buying the complete package and have to pay the retail price, $40. So this is a pretty good deal to get a physical version on the cheap.

#15 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

How is it stupid? If you go the digital route, you need an old version of the game. You're paying for only the new content so it's $15. If you go the physical route, you're buying the complete package and have to pay the retail price, $40. So this is a pretty good deal to get a physical version on the cheap.

That it's randomly staggered by a month.  You don't get the DLC content that's on the disc with the download and there's a variety of ways to get retail games cheaper to offset the difference.

Trade List

#16 tim_pkmn89

tim_pkmn89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:37 PM

That it's randomly staggered by a month.  You don't get the DLC content that's on the disc with the download and there's a variety of ways to get retail games cheaper to offset the difference.

It's not random. They pushed the digital out as soon as it went gold so it was ready for tournament season. Meanwhile the physical copies are being pressed and packaged.

#17 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

Will wait for super hyper ultra ultimate version (shuuv) patented.

Have 3 demo SSB codes for trade. Already have last 6 Club Nintendo Wii U eshop games from Club Nintendo. Will take any Wii U eshop game codes I don't already have or Non CN 3DS eshop code.

Check My Trade List
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=276079

#18 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

you guys can argue all you want - I just bought one hoping I get the credit soon so I can preorder another / sell the extra one online or something and atleast split the lower cost with someone else.

thanks op!

#19 NewportBox100s

NewportBox100s

It's Gucci! BURR!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

Not a problem.

#20 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:01 PM

Got in on this. Sweetened it by buying a discounted Dell eGift card on eBay and applied it to the order, great deal!