First party 3DS game sale - $25 each @ Amazon

itzd4n

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Title says it all, amazon has first party nintedo 3ds games on sale for 24.99 each.

Mario Kart 7: http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=507846

New Super Mario Brothers 2: http://www.amazon.co...AXGHWFZ75Z88NB9

Super Mario 3D Land: http://www.amazon.co...6WPA6DB5XJ6VGKJ

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D: http://www.amazon.co...09FJGFA4MXZW75B

Last edited by a moderator:
DKCR3D was one of the platinum rewards for club nintendo this year. if you don't mind digital there are plenty of them flooding ebay as a result of that. should be able to snag one for $15 or so.

The only one I don't have of that batch is NSMB2. Is it decent for those that have played it?
Im wondering this too. Also is it easy enough for an 8 year old? She started getting into platformers lately. LOves the original mario but cant get that far in it. She digs super princess peach and plays it all except for the boss battles

Im wondering this too. Also is it easy enough for an 8 year old? She started getting into platformers lately. LOves the original mario but cant get that far in it. She digs super princess peach and plays it all except for the boss battles
Mario is really easy.

I don't want to jump on this though. A $5 discount isn't impressive when I get a $8 discount on Bestbuy already. I'm hoping BB does a sale.

Is DKCR3D worth the $25 if I already have the Wii version? I prefer physical to digital.
Yes, Yes, and YES!

I thought DKCR on the Wii was a terrific platformer(One of the best ever made). Then I got to the point where the difficulty ramped up, and those forced waggle controls became the death of me. This game is worth buying in any form, just for the removed motion controls alone.

The only one I don't have of that batch is NSMB2. Is it decent for those that have played it?
its ok, tends to be pretty easy. If you haven't played a mario game in a while and you aren't going to play the two new Wii U Mario games (which are superior) then its a good buy. If you have played a mario game in the past year or two I'd skip it, it brings absolutely nothing new to the table and is more or less a slightly updated version of the same formula.

Just matching Kmart flyer so price should be good all next week

its ok, tends to be pretty easy. If you haven't played a mario game in a while and you aren't going to play the two new Wii U Mario games (which are superior) then its a good buy. If you have played a mario game in the past year or two I'd skip it, it brings absolutely nothing new to the table and is more or less a slightly updated version of the same formula.
I have to agree, it's the same old 2D Mario. If you've played the Wii, DS, or WiiU 2D games recently, this is more of the same. Now a generic 2D Mario game is still pretty good in comparison to most publishers efforts, but this is really lazy for "N".

I would wait for 20 or under, or just buy it used. The 2D Rayman games are way better(Origins/Legends). Although the 3DS's Origins is a drop in quality compared to the other available systems, I hear the game-play is still as solid as ever.

Seems GCU is better than the PM for some of these. If you have GCU that is.

What 3DS game has the highest trade in value anywere? Just wondering. Want to get rid of / use my B2G1 coupon.

I think he means matches to kmart. These are all the same titles kmart has on sale in next weeks ad for $25
no target does have them also.
Mario kart 7 $24.99 http://m.target.com/p/mario-kart-7-nintendo-3ds/-/A-13785950
Animal crossing $24.99 http://m.target.com/p/animal-crossing-new-leaf-nintendo-3ds/-/A-14540659
Super mario 3d land $24.99 http://m.target.com/p/super-mario-3d-land-nintendo-3ds/-/A-13752367
Super mario bros 2 $24.99 http://m.target.com/p/new-super-mario-bros-2-ninendo-3ds/-/A-14165426
Donkey kong country return 3d $24.99 http://m.target.com/p/donkey-kong-country-returns-3d-nintendo-3ds/-/A-14540660

If you have played a mario game in the past year or two I'd skip it, it brings absolutely nothing new to the table and is more or less a slightly updated version of the same formula.
You just described every Mario game ever...

and on that note I''m going to go to BB and price match this game with my GCU discount.

DKCR3D @ GS- $12
NSMB2 @ Target- $16 (w/ double)
Mk7 @ Target- $22 (w/ double)
Acnl @ gs- $12
Sm3dl @ walmart- $15
Nevermind lol. Prolly going to try to find a console game then. Thanks

Wish I could land some Fire Emblems....heh

You can't price match another retailer and get the GCU on top of that. It's either one or the other.
Ya but since its only a difference of $5 (the mario kart 7 drop in price), GCU still ends up being better. All i meant.

You just described every Mario game ever...

and on that note I''m going to go to BB and price match this game with my GCU discount.
Nope. SMB 1 was brilliantly innovative, SMB 2 was another game (based on a Japan-only TV show) with Mario sprites replacing the main characters, though it was good anyway, SMB 3 took the original formula into the stratosphere, SMW brought larger levels and then next-gen (16 bit) graphics, and a dinosaur that you rode and ate enemies with, Super Mario 64 became the title to rip off for that generation, but was never bested, SMS with its water hose tried to do something new - some liked it, some didn't, but had some great 2-D classic action in the "stolen pack" segments, SMG is one of the top games of all time, taking the Mario in 3-D to the limit, and SMG 2 bests even it, while SM3DL brings Mario to the third dimension and does a nice job.

New SMB for the DS was a nice (and very well-selling) surprise, but it pretty much updated the original with better graphics and a few new (but not game-changing) features, and the other NSMB releases have pretty much repeated the formula with minor tweaks (greater difficulty, new power-ups, multiplayer, etc.)

Nope. SMB 1 was brilliantly innovative, SMB 2 was another game (based on a Japan-only TV show) with Mario sprites replacing the main characters, though it was good anyway, SMB 3 took the original formula into the stratosphere, SMW brought larger levels and then next-gen (16 bit) graphics, and a dinosaur that you rode and ate enemies with, Super Mario 64 became the title to rip off for that generation, but was never bested, SMS with its water hose tried to do something new - some liked it, some didn't, but had some great 2-D classic action in the "stolen pack" segments, SMG is one of the top games of all time, taking the Mario in 3-D to the limit, and SMG 2 bests even it, while SM3DL brings Mario to the third dimension and does a nice job.

New SMB for the DS was a nice (and very well-selling) surprise, but it pretty much updated the original with better graphics and a few new (but not game-changing) features, and the other NSMB releases have pretty much repeated the formula with minor tweaks (greater difficulty, new power-ups, multiplayer, etc.)
I agree, for someone to say the series has been the same hasn't been paying attention. Even Galaxy 1 & 2 are very similar, but very different.

When it comes to the "NSMB", these are the only only games that can really be considered "You just described every Mario game ever...".

But in the NSMB series, the 4 player simultaneous was a brilliant innovation also (even if Toadette should have been the 2nd Toad).

Thanks! Updated OP with these links. Sorrry for all the mobile links, I was doing this on the go.

Agree with the GCU discount being slightly better for those who have it. But for those who dont, this is a the best price on these games without having to PM in store and save on taxes for some as well.

DKCR3D was one of the platinum rewards for club nintendo this year. if you don't mind digital there are plenty of them flooding ebay as a result of that. should be able to snag one for $15 or so.
Really appreciate this. I completely forgot about club Nintendo and claiming my reward. Logged in and picked up DK. Only have until Aug 15th for anyone else who forgot about it too.

I found it to be really fun and enjoyed it all the way. It was actually the game that got me to buy a 3DS a couple years ago.

I did not enjoy 3D Land but I guess its because I prefer 2D Mario games over the 3D ones.

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to score a code on eBay for $15, saving me another $10 over Amazon's price. Granted, it wasn't free, but the way I look at it, I would have had to spend hundreds (maybe over a thousand) of dollars on games and/or systems, and spend hours on the computer doing surveys. Sure, it ultimately would have been free, but in hindsight, would it have been worth it?

bread's done
Back