Smash bros wii u

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#1 Cuauhtblanco

Cuauhtblanco

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:10 AM

I'm not sure if this is a repeated thread but smash brothers for the wii u is now available for pre order at best buy's website. You may use GCU, I pre order mine and after tax is came out to $86 n change.

Super Smash Bros. Wii U GameCube Controller Bundle $99.99/$79.99 GCU

Super Smash Bros. Wii U GameCube Controller Bundle $99.99 [Amazon] Out of Stock

Super Smash Bros. Wii U GameCube Controller Bundle $99.99 [GameStop] Out of Stock

Edited by htz, 08 October 2014 - 06:33 PM.

#2 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:13 AM

so 79.99 for the game, controller and adaptor ? that = steal !!! im in lol
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#3 Lubu

Lubu

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:15 AM

Can I preorder in store? I have GCU, and I don't want to pay with a credit card.

#4 Cuauhtblanco

Cuauhtblanco

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:26 AM

I'm pretty sure if it's available online it should be in store while supplies last. And yes you get the game, controller and adaptor for $79.99 plus tax with GCU.

#5 zechs34

zechs34

Voice of Voiceless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:31 AM

Quick Question. I know BB charges your CC when you preorder but what if you use Paypal?

Posted Image

#6 Cuauhtblanco

Cuauhtblanco

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:33 AM

Works just the same way, they charge you as we'll same goes with gift cards

#7 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:44 AM

good price but I was able to get in on the $40 Target deal last month.  Now to decide if its worth $40 extra for the controller/adaptor...

Garrus_Lannister.png

#8 zechs34

zechs34

Voice of Voiceless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:46 AM

Works just the same way, they charge you as we'll same goes with gift cards

Thanks

Posted Image

#9 peruvian_001

peruvian_001

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:46 AM

Do they charge your card immediately?

I BELIEVE IN YOU

Watch me and my buddy stream classic games:

TwitchTV

Follow me on twitter to get updates about when we'll be streaming:

@Peru_el_Campeon

#10 Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

All you need is Duane and Wal-Mart® Ranch Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:13 AM

Jackpot!

sXccgoQ.gif771291726.gif?1368801226j5IniQc.gif

Get A Free Xbox One! Join the CAGs Referral Conga Line Super easy and it works!

If you want to be awesome, like Duane, you'd do it!

Currently playing: Big Rigs :pc:, Charlie's Angels  :gc:, Aquaman :gc:, Drake of the 99 Dragons :xbox:,

#11 Weagle

Weagle

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:14 AM

Thanks OP. I may as well get the bundle as I was wanting to get the gamecube controller adapter.  I used my Best Buy credit card in hopes that I also get 10% rewards, but not holding my breath on a preorder.

#12 stevey22

stevey22

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:46 AM

in for 1. You wont get 10% unless they are running the 10% promo when you "pick up"

#13 Cuauhtblanco

Cuauhtblanco

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:49 AM

So where is the fucking deal?

Or is everything single game you can ever use GCU on going to have its own thread and considered a deal?

The deal is only GCU, and I like many others have been waiting for best buy to have this available. If you are familiar with best buy it only allows you to use GCU on new games and collectors editions but never controller bundles such as the nintendo land with Luigi remote. So this is a big deal to get a discount on this.

#14 Sunrisecityrider

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:01 AM

Except they are supposed to have the coding setup to discount controller bundles since you can have all controller bundles manually adjusted to reflect your GCU discount.

#15 malethief

malethief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:09 AM

Quick Question. I know BB charges your CC when you preorder but what if you use Paypal?

Same thing. They put an authorization for the full amount on your Credit Card with PayPal as well

#16 stevey22

stevey22

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:21 AM

It uses available credit but you don't owe that amount until you pick it up then its a live charge / posts to the account.

#17 NewportBox100s

NewportBox100s

It's Gucci! BURR!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:26 AM

I want just the adapter I still got my wavebird!!

#18 stevey22

stevey22

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:34 AM

I want just the adapter I still got my wavebird!!

Don't think that will work

#19 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:35 AM

Does BB still ping your card every month or so? I would order, but I remember they damn near overdrafted me on Fire Emblem Awakening because of that. (For some reason I got a second ping while the first was still holding)

Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:41 AM

Is this limited?

I'm about to go on vacation and need to save cash, the struggle life

#21 gthirst

gthirst

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:21 AM

In4one! Canceling my gamestop preorder

LIVE!!! DIGITAL CODES FOR COMEDY!!! NOW WITH CHARITY, Steam/GOG/Desura, and $5 Gamestop Coupons!

REVIVE PHANTOM DUST

#22 harleypv

harleypv

But Nep Nep...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:11 AM

I was gonna get the game at best buy and the adapter at gamestop but this deal makes the controller only another $13 after taxes, so I think I'll just grab this instead. Woot!

#23 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:14 AM

Don't think that will work

What about it won't work? IIRC wavebirds should work fine.

#24 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:02 AM

What about it won't work? IIRC wavebirds should work fine.

Any controller with a GCN plug will work.  The only thing different about Wavebirds is they have a wireless receiver.  As long as the receiver is receiving power and the Wavebird isn't poop it works.  Not sure where people are getting the idea that Nintendo would cut support on one of their own first party controllers  :roll:

Also this bundle is valuetown and I'm willing to bet the inevitable console bundle will be as good or better.

Tradelist (Currently on TL hiatus)

76561198012916920.png

#25 malethief

malethief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:27 AM

Does BB still ping your card every month or so? I would order, but I remember they damn near overdrafted me on Fire Emblem Awakening because of that. (For some reason I got a second ping while the first was still holding)

Yes they still put an authorization charge on your card to make sure the funds are available then remove it a few days later to then add the charge again ever so often until the game's release

#26 yesidoknow

yesidoknow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

The deal is only GCU, and I like many others have been waiting for best buy to have this available. If you are familiar with best buy it only allows you to use GCU on new games and collectors editions but never controller bundles such as the nintendo land with Luigi remote. So this is a big deal to get a discount on this.

It's actually supposed to work on the luigi bundle. But the game got an accessory SKU instead of a game SKU. I spent the other day talking to customer service and managers to get it to apply when it was on sale.    JUst dance wii mote bundle works for instance. 

#27 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:47 AM

Yes they still put an authorization charge on your card to make sure the funds are available then remove it a few days later to then add the charge again ever so often until the game's release

That is so dumb.  If I'm doing it in a store this shouldn't occur.  I should only have to pay up front or at time of pick-up like a normal business.  I remember getting a $200 overdraft once because a gas station near my house slammed me with an auth charge of $120ish for a $45 gas bill.  It stayed in the account for 2 days without my knowledge along with the normal charge and I ended up getting hit with two overdrafts since I bought groceries after filling up.  

Tradelist (Currently on TL hiatus)

76561198012916920.png

#28 midloo

midloo

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

I am dumb.  Why do we want a GameCube controller with this game?  Isn't the new wireless pro controller for the Wii U a whole lot better? 

Posted Image

#29 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:05 PM

I am dumb.  Why do we want a GameCube controller with this game?  Isn't the new wireless pro controller for the Wii U a whole lot better? 

A pro controller will cost you $30-$50.  A gamecube controller in this bundle is essentially free (if you have GCU).  If you already have one or the other, you dont need to consider the bundle.  I think it's just a preference thing.   If you've been playing since Melee, then you're used to the layout of the GC controller.  I found this on wiiuforums.com ...

"1. Input time. The bluetooth connection made with a Pro controller (or even GC wavebird) can have an input lag time of around 5-30ms. Now, that's a very low number, but for competitive players, it can be the difference between that perfectly timed shdl or getting those long landing cooldown frames. If you plug a gamecube controller in, the input goes directly to the console faster.
2. GC controllers have analog triggers, and are generally better for pressure sensitivity. The buttons are better made imo and snap back better, making core gameplay like short hopping easier.
3. Button placement is, arguably, well made for smash bros. The large A button, small B slightly off of it, and Y and X also more easily accessible. For example, if you were playing as Peach and you wanted to combo someone while floating, you'd have to hold Y or X while still being able to use your thumb on the A button. The gamecube controller makes that easy."

Hope that helps.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Azure Striker Gunvolt, :360: N/A, :ps3: N/A, :ps4: Diablo 3, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#30 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:18 PM

You can also pre-order it with $5 down in store.  That way you don't have to worry about any authorization charges.

538822.png