Creases in PS4 Game Cases?

x_RadicalAura_x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
First off, I'm warning you, this is a collector OCD post. If that doesn't interest you or pertain to you, please move along... Anyways, I've noticed on like half of my PS4 games purchased brand new (like ~15 of them, including TLoU Remastered today), that they have two parallel vertical creases on the artwork insert. Has anyone else noticed this? I never recall seeing it on PS3 or Xbox 360 game cases/artwork inserts.

My guess is the hollow part where the "arms" are for the manual is a weak spot, so when the case is exposed to any type of weight during packaging, shipment, etc., those creases are made into the insert. If we aren't even getting manuals anymore, why in the hell do they keep putting them in the cases if it just makes them flimsier without the reinforcement of the manual on the other side? Do you think it's possible to get these creases out?! Might be a tad nitpicky, but I pay $60 for a game and am a "perfectionist" type of collector.

I've attached a picture of my copy of TLoU Remastered that I just picked up brand new from GameStop today... With the creases of course. :(

Feel free to post pics of your copies if you notice it on any of your games too! Misery loves company.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never seen this happen with a new game, it's crazy you have it on so many. Could it be something the store you purchase at is doing? Over stacking boxes/games or something? Or are these all purchased from different places?

I'd say half are from Amazon and half are from GameStop (regrettably). I wouldn't be surprised if most of the "creased" ones are from GameStop, considering they tend to stack so many copies of games on top of each other carelessly on the counter. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I have many Blu Rays, PS3 games and even some DVDs with creases on the artwork like that. I assume it's a manufacturing thing. Probably getting pinched by the machines that put the artwork in the case.

I think this happens for a lot of games, movies and so on. I remember DVDs in the past where there would be creases in the cover. It was annoying, but I lived with it. 

Just checked my PS4 games (I have 9 retail copies), some show this problem on the front cover, a few more show it on the back cover, some don't have it at all.  It's pretty subtle though, so it isn't too annoying to me, but I can see how someone who is kind of OCD could be bothered by it.  When I pick up new sealed games to hold onto (and not open), I always hope they'll be in mint/perfect condition, so it would bother me more in that case.

bread's done
Back