$20 Next Gen Games @ TigerDirect

Hmm...will have to check if this is still up after golf tomorrow, because I don't care to deal with creating an account tonight. Forza at $20 is nice, depending on the shipping that it adds.

So it's also known, you can get the Bone headset and the chat adapter for $10 each as well. HOWEVER, it's not $10 straight-up, it's $25 with a $15 mail-in rebate.

Adapter: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8907133&CatId=8844

Headset: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8674041&CatId=8844

The offer on the rebates lasts through 7/31, so for those looking at getting any games, that might be the end date for those offers as well.

Meh,
Thought about picking up a backup adaptor, and would've done it if shipping was free. Probably better off not to...TigerDirect is such a pain in the ass to deal with.

If I weren't so far into AC4 on 360, I'd bite at this price. In for Forza at Best Buy. Thanks OP!
Will Best Buy price match Tiger Direct? Sweet balls, that's great. I might be off to Best Buy later.

Meh,
Thought about picking up a backup adaptor, and would've done it if shipping was free. Probably better off not to...TigerDirect is such a pain in the ass to deal with.
A guy below mentioned that BB price matches TD (it's in their policy on their site). If you're lucky, you could try to get BB to price match to $10 on the adapter, if you get someone too lazy/dumb to notice that it's a rebate, and not an instant sale.

I think I'm going to call them and try it (just got back from golf and eating lunch). I'll try to get them to PM, then set it for in-store pick-up. I'm not sure how their online PM works, but I'm also going to see if they adjust the price without voiding the GCU, just for the heck of it. If I can get another $8 off, cool. If not, no biggie.

I think I'm going to call them and try it (just got back from golf and eating lunch). I'll try to get them to PM, then set it for in-store pick-up. I'm not sure how their online PM works, but I'm also going to see if they adjust the price without voiding the GCU, just for the heck of it. If I can get another $8 off, cool. If not, no biggie.
Process is super simple. I think you're better off doing an in-store PM rather than on the phone, but that's just me. You can show them on your phone yourself, or you can have them look it up on their computer. Depending on the employee, they might give you problems if the item is out of stock. If they deny you saying it's not part of their PM, just show them their own PM policy. GCU does not work with PM, so it's either or.

Whelp, doesn't matter now. It sold out while I was on hold to talk to the representative, so I can't get it now. I would have gotten it if their wretched chat service wasn't so bad that it sent me to the cell phone department, made me call back, then still couldn't understand a simple instruction and made me go through 2 extra people to try to match it. Second time I got XBoned trying to get Forza for $20 now.

Wish I'd have thought to tell people to spam Amazon about the TD price so they would have lowered it as well. Poopy. I recommend alerting Amazon to the other prices to see if they'll drop Madden, AC, and Ghosts to $19.97 though, not sure if they'll match TD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whelp, doesn't matter now. It sold out while I was on hold to talk to the representative, so I can't get it now. I would have gotten it if their wretched chat service wasn't so bad that it sent me to the cell phone department, made me call back, then still couldn't understand a simple instruction and made me go through 2 extra people to try to match it. Second time I got XBoned trying to get Forza for $20 now.

Wish I'd have thought to tell people to spam Amazon about the TD price so they would have lowered it as well. Poopy. I recommend alerting Amazon to the other prices to see if they'll drop Madden, AC, and Ghosts to $19.97 though, not sure if they'll match TD.
Just go in store if it's not too much of a hassle. Workers don't usually care, but if you get one that does it'd be a waste.

EDIT:

I retract that. I didn't see it said only available in stores. I'll check mobile if it still shows the price. That'd work.

Tiger Direct is listing Forza as in-stock again, but with only 1 copy left. I was able to call up Best Buy (my store doesn't open for another hour), get it price matched, and have it set for in-store pickup when they open. If you, like me, didn't get it before it sold out yesterday, this is your heads-up to go to the store or call Best Buy quickly.

Well hello, $20 Forza - finally a price point that will permit me to then afford all of the missing "premium" content that I'll need to unlock!  Thanks, OP.

Lady is taking like an hour to do my forza :/
The first guy took forever for me on Wednesday. The freaking automated call was so ghetto that I had to call twice to get through to someone, and the thing was sold out by the time I got to the PM portion. Yesterday, the woman I got was pretty quick about it, but I called an hour before my store opened because they said 1 in-stock (which they still say a day-plus later), so I wasn't worried about time once she said "it's in-stock, so I can price match."

anyone know how long this lasts? Forgot to do it today.
It's still up on their site, so you should still be fine to get it.

I got turned down pming black flag. I went to the customer rep they told me they pm tiger direct and to just go to cash register and do it there. I went there and the lady told me she can't pm tiger direct since manager told her not to yesterday. I showed her on the mat in front of her that shows they price match tiger direct and she said sorry they don't.

I guess I'll try again later today or tomorrow when someone else is at the register.

I got turned down pming black flag. I went to the customer rep they told me they pm tiger direct and to just go to cash register and do it there. I went there and the lady told me she can't pm tiger direct since manager told her not to yesterday. I showed her on the mat in front of her that shows they price match tiger direct and she said sorry they don't.

I guess I'll try again later today or tomorrow when someone else is at the register.
Call Best Buy at (1-888-237-8289). They'll do it over the phone, then you can pay with a card and do in-store pick-up. That's what I did.

Just a heads-up if you do, because the automated guy sucks balls. He'll ask what you're calling about, you'll be told to say, "It's another product" or something, but when you do, he won't understand. You have to try 3 times, then he'll forward you to a person, then that person will forward you to the PM representative. It's so awful.

1. Call Best Buy.

2. Match over the phone for in store pick-up.

3. Buy glitter.

4. Pick up game and throw glitter inside the store.

5. Enjoy game.

OR

1. Buy from tigerdirect using Swagbucks with my referral link.

2. Buy glitter.

3. Go to Best Buy and throw glitter inside the store.

4. Wait for game.

OR

1. Call Best Buy.

2. Match over the phone for shipping.

3. Buy glitter.

4. Throw glitter inside a Best Buy.

5. Wait for game.

OR

1. Save money for glitter.

2. Buy glitter.

3. Go to the Best Buy and throw glitter inside the store.

The second one is my favorite, but any one of these is kosher.

Thanks for suggesting for me to call in guys, idk why I didn't think of that lol. 

I just called and I got a nice older lady and everything went smooth.  She was surprised at the price difference lol.  

All I need now is glitter.

Thanks for suggesting for me to call in guys, idk why I didn't think of that lol.

I just called and I got a nice older lady and everything went smooth. She was surprised at the price difference lol.

All I need now is glitter.
Yeah, both people I talked to were surprised as well. The first guy (when it sold out), he was like "wow, that's a pretty big difference." I'm still not convinced he wasn't a robot though. He sounded way too happy and like he was reading off of cue cards or something. I even tried wording things awkwardly a couple of times to see how he responded, to check if he was a robot.

Now, screw the glitter. Go in, pick up the game, go find that cashier who denied you, show him the receipt, and yell "SUCK IT!" as loudly as you possibly can. In fact, don't screw the glitter. Take some glitter and throw it in the cashier's face while yelling "SUCK IT!" as loudly as you can.

I honestly don't think I could resist the opportunity to throw it in that moron's face.

Is Forza 5 worth $20? I just recently bought an Xbox One because I got an amazing deal on it and I was buying one eventually for Master Chief Collection. I have no other games, but Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2 look interesting. Might pick it up at Best Buy pricematch.

Sorry if this has been answered, but can you still PM TD if there are none in your state?

Also, how would i go about for a PM? Bring in a printout of the TD page of the game?

Is Forza 5 worth $20? I just recently bought an Xbox One because I got an amazing deal on it and I was buying one eventually for Master Chief Collection. I have no other games, but Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2 look interesting. Might pick it up at Best Buy pricematch.
Definately worth $20.

Isn't there supposed to be a forza 5 game of the year complete edition with most of the dlc and extra tracks and more releasing real soon?

bread's done
Back