Nier PS3 (reprint) -$19.99 - Gamestop

JohnnySucco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
Looks like Gamestop has reprinted :ps3: Nier and is selling it for $19.99.  There are over 10 copies available online and it has shown up at every local store within 100 miles of me.   I stopped in a store and can confirm that they are complete copies with manuals/artwork.  Using the Kongregate coupons or the B2G1 coupons it's not a bad deal considering used complete copies sell for around $40.  

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/nier/75034

Hopefully Gamestop will raise the price so we have something to bitch about.

NICE!

It's $30+ for any condition copy on Amazon!

Holy crap, I just complemented GS. I must be ill or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
still awesome for something that has become rarer and aftermarket has been creeping up. $20 doesn't seem too out of line to me, even if they bought up all the used copies on earth.

since gamestop havent raised the price that much i guarantee there more then a 95% chance that every single copy will be a disc only copy. every low price reprint they do is disc only

since gamestop havent raised the price that much i guarantee there more then a 95% chance that every single copy will be a disc only copy. every low price reprint they do is disc only
Strange considering after checking out a few stores that I'd say there is 100% chance the reprints are complete.

Had no idea.  Remember this being clearance fodder for $5 at toys r us a while back and had no idea what it was, but got one after hearing good things about it here.

is this game any good?
honestly don't know much about Neir. The general consensus here good game? Worth the $20? Would use it in the buy 2 get 1 free sale.
I got it because so many people kept recommending it and for $20, it's definitely worth it. I thought the combat was too repetitive, especially since you have the beat the game 4 (or was it 5?) times to see the full ending but it was otherwise, pretty solid game.

Definitely one of the better JRPGs of the PS3/360 generation though.

Nice, but I'm glad that I sold my used copy (I got it at Kmart for $5 a year ago) last month on eBay for $40 shipped. I expect the resale value to plummet on eBay and Amazon.

Did we ever confirm if FIre Emblem was reprinted? It's OOS online and my local store never did get any in. Just wondering if it was disc only or complete or if it was even a reprint as it may shed some light on this as well.

I hate GameStop... They've single handedly have decided to make me stop collecting disc based games.  Good to know my orig copy is now going to be worthless seeing as how they couldn't even do a label variant.  Hopefully they see that Kuon, Calling and Ju-On are going for a bit on ebay to make those purchases fucking worthless too.

I hate GameStop... They've single handedly have decided to make me stop collecting disc based games. Good to know my orig copy is now going to be worthless seeing as how they couldn't even do a label variant. Hopefully they see that Kuon, Calling and Ju-On are going for a bit on ebay to make those purchases fucking worthless too.
Idk but I play my games not collect them for being "rare".

I hate GameStop... They've single handedly have decided to make me stop collecting disc based games. Good to know my orig copy is now going to be worthless seeing as how they couldn't even do a label variant. Hopefully they see that Kuon, Calling and Ju-On are going for a bit on ebay to make those purchases fucking worthless too.
You can sell those 3 to me for $5 each before the market crashes on those as well :)

There's no general consensus on this game. You love it or hate it. I love it. 

The soundtrack, though, is universally loved.

The simple answer is that there's more of a fanbase for this type of game on PS3.

I don't have a problem with GS reprints unless they're jacking up the price, or reprinting something that was supposed to be limited. $90 Xenoblade was bullshit. This, I can live with.

you know I swear gamestop could print million dollar bills, give them away for pre-ordering a mass produced game like COD, and people would still piss and moan about gamestop being evil.

Did we ever confirm if FIre Emblem was reprinted? It's OOS online and my local store never did get any in. Just wondering if it was disc only or complete or if it was even a reprint as it may shed some light on this as well.
It seems as though it wasn't a reprint. I checked two copies in near by GSes and I think what happened was that GS just released a bunch of damaged discs after they refurbished them. The discs had tons of those light scratches on them and had that nasty goo in the center.

^^That's what I was thinking as well. Most of the recent Wii games that I've snagged are refurbs, including some hard to find like Arc Rise Fantasia. I figured they sat them to the side for a bit and now they are starting clearing out Wii games they buffed them and sold them.

FWIW, I picked Nier up for B2G1 and it came beat up and was definitely not a reprint. Not that it means there isn't a reprint. I also got a MPT Steelbook at this GS well after the reprint on it.

Edit: I picked Nier up earlier this week so may not even be relevant.

I'm actually glad Gamestop is doing this. A $20 price point will make it easier for people to take a chance with this game, because there's no way I would drop $40 on it. I think I'll pick it up now!

edit: You know what, since prices will drop drastically on the $40 original prints, I'll wait for those to come down! Awesome!

Yeah because any gamestop sells that is out of print is obviously reprinted by them at their reprint factory they have that presses the discs, makes the boxes and prints the manuals/artwork. Then they have the legal department in the factory that works with sony and all the companies so they can reprint all of these games. Including the ones that were poorly received and didnt sell well to begin with and only a tiny handful of people liked just so they could lose money in reprinting them and to give all the tinfoil hats online something to believe in and cry conspiracy about........yeah they really did all of that.

/eyeroll

They may have reprinted this game but I still have 6 mint guides. Which one of you suckers newly acquainted owners wants to buy one?

I totally forgot about this game, but I know that I loved it when I played through it a few years ago.  Now to see if I can find it to play it again...

Glad I found one of these to flip before the reprint. $7 earlier this month, sold for $30.

This game came out in late April 2010, a little over 4 years ago. Why would they reprint this to make $5 bucks? The warehouse probably came across 5000 unopened copies and just shipped them out to the stores. When I check the website, every Gamestop in a 25 mile radius of me has atleast one copy preowned. Can someone post high resolution pictures of the original cover art and disc? Then the supposedly "reprint" version as well. I'd like to see if there is any difference. I think people are just getting carried away when someone mentions "RARE" on EBay.

To those of you angered by a reprint you are a collector and not a gamer.  A collector should understand the risk of a reprint happening if the market is there.  If you love a franchise, as many do Nier, this is really is an opportunity for the franchise to be resurrected and have a sequel if Gamestop flies through it's inventory.   These high valued games fail for one reason or another (late in a generations cycle, lack of advertising, poor reviews, limited runs, etc.) and often the market for the game is found after the game goes out of print and its been clearanced from major retail stores.  This puts the hurt on studios and publishers so who can blame them for trying to recoup some of the money they invested if Gamestop is willing to do a reprint?  And as far as gamers who missed the game before it was difficult to find are concerned, to play these games without a reprint there are two options: paying beyond retail value in the 2nd hand market or illegal downloading them and using an emulator.  Both are not good options if you support the gaming industry.  I think Gamestop is doing a great thing with these reprints (as long as they are responsibly priced).   If you are bitching about values tanking stick to buying limited edition and collector's versions of games.    Now someone please do a reprint of Panzer Dragoon Saga.

bread's done
Back