CAGiversary!
Seen at Target Ottawa (Merivale)

- Forza 5 - $10

- Ryse - $15

- Angry Birds - $10

- Battlefield 4 (PS3/360)- $10

- Madden 25 - PS4 ($15)

- Assasins Creed IV (360) - $10

I believe NBA 2K14 and probably a few others are in the 10-15 range.  A bunch of WiiU stuff as well (no, not Mario Kart 8).

Of course, several people were yapping on their phones about buying up copies and selling on Kijiji (which some already are).  Or you could buy copies for yourselves, and you know, actually play them.

Do a public service and snatch your copies before RFD'ers do.  YMMV.

It is so annoying when people buy everything they have to flip. I don't usually bother checking when I see target deals now as they usually have hardly any stock in the first place

Three copies of Super Mario 64 DS... can't imagine what kind of use anybody would find with that.

At the Windsor store...

I picked up Gran Turismo 6 (there were a few copies left)

Madden 15 was there (only XB1) but since I dont have a second controller, I left it

Angry Birds for both were still there

Scribblenauts DC was there for Wii U (totally forgot to pick that one up)

Metal Gear Rising was also there

Nothing else left (Need for Speed was gone, one of the reasons I went there, and all Batman titles also gone)

Lesson learned: when this kind of thing pops up on this site/RFD, don't assume your store isnt participating and go right away

I read on RFD that someone from my area went to target and they mentioned 2 games i wouldn't mind having on PS3  but alot of people in other provinces are saying  there store has Xillia and i would LOVE to get Xillia for $10  but apparently our store here does no have it ( only going by the list of games given from some RFD member and it wasn't on it.  

but i take it the NFS game is NFS Rivals ?   

eh i dunno if i really wanna go. hoarders probably all got up and left after the dudes post. -_-

Managed to pick up:

- Injustice PS4

- Forza 5 XONE

- Dragon's Crown

- Paper Mario 3DS

- TurtleBeach X12 Headset

But needless to say by the time I got there, all of the better titles were already gone.

Didn't bother to walk into any Target today. Only really wanted Donkey Kong and an 8-16GB Vita memory card. Maybe I'll check it out on one of the weekdays.

Think Socpens summed up hoarders well, as if we hadn't already figured, in the RFD thread. They're selfish, pathetic, disillusioned into thinking hoarding video games to net any kind of small profit is in some way a 'victory' in their day-to-day lives. It's sad that they need this when they could have better spent their time, instead of in turn wasting everyone else's.

No? I don't even know who that is.
My mistake.

They're selfish, pathetic, disillusioned into thinking hoarding video games to net any kind of small profit is in some way a 'victory' in their day-to-day lives. It's sad that they need this when they could have better spent their time, instead of in turn wasting everyone else's.
Sounds about right...the Ebay seller I linked above...selling games bought at around 11 after tax...selling for 20 with free shipping.

IF they sell...

Receive $20
Ebay Fees $2

Shipping $4-5

Net Profit $2-3

It's really sad to see people who would take away from real gamers for the sake of just $2-3 profit.

At the Windsor store...

I picked up Gran Turismo 6 (there were a few copies left)

Madden 15 was there (only XB1) but since I dont have a second controller, I left it

Angry Birds for both were still there

Scribblenauts DC was there for Wii U (totally forgot to pick that one up)

Metal Gear Rising was also there

Nothing else left (Need for Speed was gone, one of the reasons I went there, and all Batman titles also gone)

Lesson learned: when this kind of thing pops up on this site/RFD, don't assume your store isnt participating and go right away

did they have any vita games for $10 in windsor?

Tempted to check out the one by me but past experience is that there's a lot of hoarders in my area (December sale for 3DS games at Target got there first day and anything I had wanted was gone).
If I'm near it then I might check it out.

Did anyone happen to get pictures of the in-store pricing on any games?   My area only had a few I wanted on sale but were sold out.

I took the pictures of the price tags and Walmart priced match with no issues.

I was thinking we could all post pictures of tags for everyone to try and get what they want price matched.  If someone else wants to do it, I'll upload what ones I've got.

A couple months ago I found GTA V for $15 on 360 at Target. I visited my local Target last night and they had the PS4 GTA V for $15 and the 360 version for $10.

Also noticed:

Turtle Beach XLa for $9

Turtle Beach single-ear model for ~$7.50

360 Assassin's Creed IV $10

Some version of Batman (Origins?) $10

Did anyone happen to get pictures of the in-store pricing on any games? My area only had a few I wanted on sale but were sold out.

I took the pictures of the price tags and Walmart priced match with no issues.

I was thinking we could all post pictures of tags for everyone to try and get what they want price matched. If someone else wants to do it, I'll upload what ones I've got.
I was able to get a few for some games I was going to price match at Walmart. I wouldn't mind sharing

Went to the Stockyards Target today. They were mostly cleared out of everything. They had some $7 8gb Vita cards and a few of the really dreaful shovelware titles left. What they did have though, which I didn't see anyone mentioning, was Nintendo eShop cards for sale (as well as other points cards). $5 off $50 cards. Considering we're buying Smash, Pokemon, and MH4U digitally, we picked up a bunch of these. With the Wii U Deluxe Promo, we're getting $5 back in points as well for each one.

Went to the Stockyards Target today. They were mostly cleared out of everything. They had some $7 8gb Vita cards and a few of the really dreaful shovelware titles left. What they did have though, which I didn't see anyone mentioning, was Nintendo eShop cards for sale (as well as other points cards). $5 off $50 cards. Considering we're buying Smash, Pokemon, and MH4U digitally, we picked up a bunch of these. With the Wii U Deluxe Promo, we're getting $5 back in points as well for each one.
Any idea if the eshop cards will still be on sale tomorrow? I went in on saturday to buy a gift: paper mario sticker star and stupid me didn't realized they were having a sale when I glanced at BF4 PS4/XBONE for $10.

Thanks for the heads up, everyone. Just picked up a $50 eShop card from the Langley location. Would have loved to pick up Paper Mario for the 3DS for $10 and Mario Party for the DS for $7, but alas, they were all gone.

According to the signs in my local store the sale continues until the 28th. What are the chances they will restock some of the $10 games do you guys reckon? Anyone has any details about the timing in that case?

I did manage to get Beyond: Two Souls and Killzone Mercenary but everything else was gone when I was there last week.

According to the signs in my local store the sale continues until the 28th. What are the chances they will restock some of the $10 games do you guys reckon? Anyone has any details about the timing in that case?

I did manage to get Beyond: Two Souls and Killzone Mercenary but everything else was gone when I was there last week.
No chance unfortunately, they are discounted that low to quickly clear them out to make way for new games arriving.

So does anyone have pictures of the price tags for ps4 games. Thinking about going to walmart and price matching or futureshop/bestbuy ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, could've gotten you them if I checked earlier ^

I went in today for the cards, they had a sign up saying 10% off cards.

Total haul was PSN $20 + $50 and eShop 3 x $20

Is Target getting out of the video game business? Or is someone trolling the company with these prices?

Do Future Shop employess still act like douche bags when you go to price match something?

Haven't done it in a long time, always a huge hassle, and usually takes about an hour. Maybe just my local store.

Figure they wouldn't act like such goofs when you get something matched since Best Buy/Future Shop are losing so much money.

Like, could I just print off photos (or even show on my phone) and they'll match without calling up stores and what not? If so, I need to find a photo of Gran Turismo 6.

I've only tried price matching at Walmart and I've had a 50% success rate. It depends on the store and how seriously the people take their jobs.

Do Future Shop employess still act like douche bags when you go to price match something?

Haven't done it in a long time, always a huge hassle, and usually takes about an hour. Maybe just my local store.

Figure they wouldn't act like such goofs when you get something matched since Best Buy/Future Shop are losing so much money.

Like, could I just print off photos (or even show on my phone) and they'll match without calling up stores and what not? If so, I need to find a photo of Gran Turismo 6.
Future Shop and Best Buy don't price-match clearance items, as a policy. You can still luck out and get someone who will, but wrangling on this point doesn't make them douche bags. They'll only price match if the item is in stock at the place you're matching, so if they do call Target, they're not being douche bags.

I've had good experiences with them. Go in, show them an ad or something on my phone, they call, and boom, done. Sometimes they've even matched for me if they couldn't get someone on the line / if the other store didn't answer.

Future Shop and Best Buy don't price-match clearance items, as a policy. You can still luck out and get someone who will, but wrangling on this point doesn't make them douche bags. They'll only price match if the item is in stock at the place you're matching, so if they do call Target, they're not being douche bags.

I've had good experiences with them. Go in, show them an ad or something on my phone, they call, and boom, done. Sometimes they've even matched for me if they couldn't get someone on the line / if the other store didn't answer.
Based on the pictures above, it says "Temporary Price Cut", not clearance.

Clearly two different things.

If they have to phone, fine, but don't act like such goofs about it, just do your job and do it quick/efficiently. I've been to FS/BB from Simcoe, Camberidge, Brant, Hamilton, Stoney Creek and everything in between, the employees always slump around and act annoyed that I found a good deal and it's their store policey to match it and beat it by 10% (you ALWAYS have to remind them of that fact).

One time the manager had to be brought out...talking about how much money they're losing, like I'm supposed to give a shit. You chose the low level, no skill job don't take it out on me.

Same goes for trading used games at FS/BB. ALways takes 2-4 times longer than EB or Microplay.

Just as you're likey to find hate on the internet, you'll also find someone to white knight defend anything.

Only on the internet.

Based on the pictures above, it says "Temporary Price Cut", not clearance.

Clearly two different things.

If they have to phone, fine, but don't act like such goofs about it, just do your job and do it quick/efficiently. I've been to FS/BB from Simcoe, Camberidge, Brant, Hamilton, Stoney Creek and everything in between, the employees always slump around and act annoyed that I found a good deal and it's their store policey to match it and beat it by 10% (you ALWAYS have to remind them of that fact).

One time the manager had to be brought out...talking about how much money they're losing, like I'm supposed to give a shit. You chose the low level, no skill job don't take it out on me.

Same goes for trading used games at FS/BB. ALways takes 2-4 times longer than EB or Microplay.

Just as you're likey to find hate on the internet, you'll also find someone to white knight defend anything.

Only on the internet.
Yeah, you shouldn't (in theory) have trouble price-matching temporary price cut items, but you may run into someone who "assumes" it's a clearance. Usually when that happens I just say "it's not clearance" and ask them to call. The guys at my store usually hop on the phone and call right away anyway. I have had to remind people about the 10% though, but I think that's more ignorance than douchiness.

It makes sense that service levels would vary across the country. Not sure what that hate on the internet stuff is all about. Is that weirdly directed at me? I was just responding on some dude about how much of a fuss price-matching should be based on my experience, not "defending" some faceless corporation. :D

Pricematching is defending your job when you work at FS or BB. You do too many of them you'll get in trouble. If a manager does it it goes under the manager's number and therefore won't make you look like you're giving away stuff for free. Faster you can get a manager involved the better if you're trying to pricematch. 

I'll mention my price matching experience at both BestBuy and FutureShop on the same item, found a deal that was $50 on a sony PS3 stereo wireless headset, the flyer was for a quebec based company, entire website was french. First up futureshop, went in with a printed copy of the webpage and on my phone. Told them I wanted to price match, they got me to show the deal on their computer, they clicked around to make sure it was legit and that it was an actually chain in Canada. They price matched but forgot to do the 10% off, which on my way back from BestBuy I went back in to get. Same senario with BestBuy but they were more talkitive about it, guy helping me was surprised it was so cheap and asked if he could keep the page incase anyone else came with wanting the deal, I said sure. Head to the cashier, also tells me how it's a nice deal, got the same deal as futureshop. ( futureshop only had 1 in stock, bestbuy had 5 but didnt mention it on their site )

I think if it's an actual in Canada promo, on the stores flyer or website you are pretty much guarantee's to get the deal. Doing photos like shown, I wouldn't be surprised if it was turned down.

Also for price matching the place selling it has to have it in stock I believe. And you can see from the photos that they are all gone so I doubt it will work at FS/BB. (Also if they call I'm guessing they will bentold they are sold out)

I went to the same Target as fsm and got Madden 25 PS4 for $10 and I bought some 360 games (Dead Island GOTY, Rage and Far Cry 3) for $25 for my nephew a few weeks ago. I've gone back several times but they never restock. I don't need any PS4 games (I've got plenty) but I recently bought a Wii U and wanted some cheap Nintendo software. However, Targets here aren't as generous with the sales in Southern Ontario as GTAV wasn't $15 here and I doubt the big name Wii U games were lowered, either.

The people at that other site are still at it. I keep forgetting that it's NOT a gaming site. Yes, some people actually do play video games there but that's not their focus.

On a funny note, I went to the wrong store to take advantage of that 10% off card deal. I really need a smartphone...

bread's done
Back