Xbox 360 external hard drive help

kvntwvlf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
I saw some people talking about this earlier but didn't understand. I have a 1tb external hard drive, but i can't get my xbox 360 to let me use barely any of it, and can't find a program to let me make my own partition that'll work or anything.

Is there a way to use a program to maybe use like, 500 gig of it with my xbox 360 and it actually see it's there and let me use it, plus be able to use the rest on PC? Any help would be appreciated, I have way too many arcade games I can't play because my Microsoft hard drive broke.

Andami is correct. You can only use 32GB of an external HDD. I don't even know if you can use an external hdd larger than 32, as it wont even work. But then again, I may be wrong. 

I bought a 32gb Sandisk Ultra USB 3.0 flash drive from Best Buy yesterday (8/3) for $14.99 on sale, plugged it in and formatted it, and the 360 certified it as compatible (not too slow, as most USB 2.0 drives or cheaper drives might be).  I think the system allows for two 32gb flash drives max, so an additional 64gb storage.  But an external HDD won't give you more than 32, so it's not worth it.

When XBL ever stops being supported on the 360 I will be buying a few 32GB flash drives to put all of my games and saves on them in the chance that I will want to play past games that I've longed deleted. 

bread's done
Back