57 replies to this topic

#1 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:06 AM

http://www.bestbuy.c...-3-offer-125610

http://www.bestbuy.c...er-offer-125608

Only orders placed between 8/3/2014 and 8/9/2014 qualify.

http://www.bestbuy.c...-3-offer-125610

http://www.bestbuy.c...er-offer-125608

Only orders placed between 8/3/2014 and 8/9/2014 qualify.

#2 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:07 AM

Frightening 4 does not come with GC tho.

Edit title fixed.

#3 tecwrtr

tecwrtr

She who hesitates...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:18 AM

I've already pre-ordered Sacred 3. Do I need to cancel that pre-order and re-order?

#4 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:20 AM

I've already pre-ordered Sacred 3. Do I need to cancel that pre-order and re-order?

You can try calling if it has already shipped.  Otherwise, I would cancel and re-order as they won't automatically add it retroactively to your order.  

#5 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:20 AM

on these kind of promotions yes you would need to cancel then re order

#6 TheGeonaut

TheGeonaut

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:25 AM

I'm scared to preorder! 

#7 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:38 AM

Great deal on USFIV, would definitely be getting in on that if I didn't already go with Dell. $32 GCU price with $10GC is very nice.

#8 drunkenxsouljah

drunkenxsouljah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:46 AM

Does anyone have the link to the ultra sf4 ps3? I can't seem to find it on the site if I just add ultra sf4 ps3 to my cart I don't get the $10 gc.

#9 BigTime2Play

BigTime2Play

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:08 AM

Does anyone have the link to the ultra sf4 ps3? I can't seem to find it on the site if I just add ultra sf4 ps3 to my cart I don't get the $10 gc.

It seems that the deal is only for Xbox 360.

#10 drunkenxsouljah

drunkenxsouljah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:11 AM

The deal seems to be only for Xbox 360

It seems that the deal is only for Xbox 360.

That sucks

#11 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:14 AM

What's up with all these no avatars?

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#12 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:55 AM

360 only?! Boo...

RayeKasai.png

#13 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

i think you should reconsider your preorder based on initial feedback :(

#14 cruzfactor

cruzfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:08 AM

Both PS3/XBOX360 versions of both games have the gift card offer. It's in this week's Best Buy ad.

"Even if it's free, you can always buy it cheaper."
-Rule 11, The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

Blog Blah Blah

Make time for this shameful referral banner:

Posted Image

#15 SierraNight

SierraNight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

You can try calling if it has already shipped.  Otherwise, I would cancel and re-order as they won't automatically add it retroactively to your order.

I have Sacred 3 for in store pick up. If i cancel, it is now shipping only. Gonna take my chances getting them to match in store.
631261.png

#16 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:16 AM

Both PS3/XBOX360 versions of both games have the gift card offer. It's in this week's Best Buy ad.

Ooh, I'll look for it tomorrow when the paper comes in. Thanks for the head's up.

RayeKasai.png

#17 Tracid

Tracid

Fuer Grissa Ost Drauka

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

Chances of keeping gift card when return sealed game? :p

Tracidic.png

#18 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

Can't cancel Street Fighter since it's already shipped.  Wonder what the chances are to get CS to give me the gift card.

#19 miyamotorola

miyamotorola

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:30 AM

Can I jump into Scared 3 without playing the first 2? Never heard of these horror games before..

#20 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

Can I jump into Scared 3 without playing the first 2? Never heard of these horror games before..

Sacred series are ARPG's (like Diablo + Torchlight), not horror-games.

Well, Sacred 3 - doesn't even sound like much of a ARPG anymore, either.

I'll get into that soon enough.

Why would you ever want to consider S3 right now?

S3 is supposed to be NOTHING like the previous 2 games.

The reviews from critics are all over the place (PC; PS3; X360) + most of the Sacred fans pretty much hate this game.

S3 ain't even made by Ascaron (original dev's of S1+S2), S3 is made by Keen Games.

Ascaron went out of business - and most of those guys are working on Unbended (a new ARPG similar to S1+2).

From what we know, S3 took out all of the things that made S1+2 (on the PC) so great in the first place:

open-world aspect (one of the great things about Sacred series, since many ARPG's are quite linear);

the loot-craze that most ARPG's have (think Diablo series + Torchlight series); and the Inventory system.

If you want a true-blue ARPG in the Sacred series, seriously - grab S1: Gold + S2: Gold on the PC...as long as you have a modern PC. Both have been dirt-cheap on Steam before (i.e. $2 or less each). Both have been bundled before, as well. S1: Gold was in Indie Gala Bundle 8 + S2: Gold (Steam-version) has been Humble Bundled before for $1 in the Deep Silver HB, as well. Both games are huge, massive time-sinks. Plus, Gamersgate has a DRM-FREE version of S2: Gold, if you don't want to deal w/ Steam DRM - just wait for it to drop down in price and hit a nice sale, if you have to have it w/out DRM.

If you're going to do other ARPG's, if you haven't played Torchlight 1 + 2; and Diablo 1+2+3 - you might want to play those. If your PC is decent, also might want to check out Titan Quest: Gold - if you ain't played that. All of these ARPG's - highly recommend!

And also, it's not fair to console gamers that S2: Fallen Angel (base-game) is on your platforms, yet you guys never received the S2: Ice + Blood expansion [that adds new land-masses, new content + a new class where you can turn into a Dragon (Dragon Mage)] - in which that expansion is only in the USA in the Sacred 2: Gold Edition on the PC. That kind of treatment to not get all content released on a platform when more content's offered elsewhere, no matter how good or bad sales go, as a gamer + consumer - that is bullcrap.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#21 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:12 PM

Pretty sure everyone is trolling the thread title "Scared"....

Anyways, good Day 1  prices for these games if you have GCU.

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#22 ricoraney

ricoraney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

Wow, glad I didn't pull the trigger on this yesterday. Ultra Street Fighter IV that is. Toys R Us broke the street date. It was sitting in the case yesterday calling my name. Almost bought it.

#23 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

yes, call and cancel and leave this game alone

#24 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

is this online only?  Also no mention of when the promo lasts until.

PM for BB GCU and Elite+ services!

#25 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

is this online only?  Also no mention of when the promo lasts until.

this is online only. it most likely ends on the release date of 8/5. so you might have to order before the release date of the game

#26 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

Looks like the Ultimate SF4 for PS3 is not registering the $10 gift card. I tried pre-ordering the 360 version and the gift card added to my cart automatically. Hopefully Best Buy fixes this in the next day, but I'm highly skeptical if they will. If anything I can wait for this game  to drop to $30.

RayeKasai.png

#27 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

this is online only. it most likely ends on the release date of 8/5. so you might have to order before the release date of the game

You sure? This is in the weekly ad isn't it? If it's only for pre-orders I wanna get my orders in soon but in the ad.it says with purchase not pre-order...

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#28 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:14 PM

You sure? This is in the weekly ad isn't it? If it's only for pre-orders I wanna get my orders in soon but in the ad.it says with purchase not pre-order...

this is bestbuy we are talking about.

#29 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

If you want a good game buy Sacred 2, not Sacred 3.
Posted Image

#30 DreamStinger

DreamStinger

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:43 PM

Yes, since the offer is listed in the Weekly Ad (8/3 - 8/9), you can go into the store and buy the game and they'll issue you the $10 Gift Card at the register until the 9th.