360 down still

evilmojo12542

CAGiversary!
still can not play games apps etc on 360 day 2 come on microsoft

A post on the company's Xbox Live status page confirms the connectivity problem remains an issue with some console owners, resulting in difficulty "accessing all game features."

"It's come to our attention that some of you are seeing a black screen when attempting to launch games and applications," reads an update from the company.

"Hang in there, Xbox members, we're on it! Thanks for your patience while we work to resolve this issue. We'll update you again as soon as we have more information."

How can a problem with MS servers cause locally-owned disc-based games (or even digital ones) to not load? That's insane. Makes me trust this company less and less, and the 360 is my favorite console from the last generation (just by a little though). Makes me want to unplug my system from the internet, and only plug it in when buying a few digital games. Sad!

I guess I'm lucky, then. I was able to run my 360 and One at the same time yesterday, downloading and playing digital games.

Well I unplugged my Ethernet cable and tested my system out, and my digital games worked fine (though I didn't test the indie games, from what I hear they won't work offline). One strange thing, all the icons for my digital games were "blank", didn't show the actual games in the icons (but the names of the games still showed up); is this how it's supposed to work? Pretty annoying "feature" if so.

EDIT:  Did some research about the icons for my digital games not appearing when my 360 is offline.  It looks like this was deliberately done by MS, probably to discourage people from being offline, by eliminating all the game icons when running in that mode.  It does make it a lot harder to browse through your games when there are no actual icons to look at.  How hard would it have been for them to cache those icons in a local folder on the HDD?  They can't take up much space at all, they're very small and not in any way high resolution. 

This is really a lousy, anti-consumer thing for MS to do, but I guess I'm not surprised, based on everything they originally planned for the XB1 (online-only, harsh DRM with no used games, etc.).  Makes me even more glad I went with just the PS4 this generation, all my game icons on my PS3 and PS4 show up whether I'm online or offline. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't have any problems with XBL or anything yesterday or any day this week or past week for that matter. 

bread's done
Back