Prima Ultimate Collector's Guides (Assassin's Creed Unity, Dragon Age Inquisition, Final Fantasy VII-IX Box Set)

QuagsireQing

CAGiversary!
This is less of a deal than it is a new products announcement, but I know you collectors will want to jump on these on Amazon to ensure your pre-order price guarantees (like that fantastic $75 The Legend of Zelda Box Set).

================================

Assassin's Creed Unity: Initiate Edition

MSRP: $137.99
Amazon (at time of posting): $86.52

Release Date: Oct. 28 2014

Assassin's Creed Unity: Initiate Edition is the ultimate collector's guide. The exclusive, ultra-limited edition box contains artifacts from an Assassin's initiation, along with a hardcover strategy guide to help you explore the open world of Arno’s Paris.

The weathered box is embellished with the Assassin’s crest. Beneath the lid rests the mystical chalice and a rough-edged, sealed scroll bearing the Assassin’s creed. Hidden deeper within the secret compartment is the hardcover strategy guide, which features high-res cover art on a premium soft-touch dust jacket, 32 pages of bonus content, and the expert strategies and tactics needed to discover all the secrets of Revolutionary Paris.

100% complete: All main and side missions, optional challenges, and open-world activities covered so you can achieve 100% completion.

Revolutionary Walkthrough: An at-a-glance walkthrough, with tactics tailored to the new Adaptive Mission Mechanic, covers every step of the adventure supported by detailed, annotated screenshots and maps.

Training and Customization: Optimize your assassin’s skills and gear with expert analysis of the options available. Learn the best strategies for free running, stealth, and combat with in-depth training.

All secrets: All unlockables, all bonuses, all collectible items, all hidden destinations all Achievements and all Trophies… you won’t miss a thing.

Dedicated Co-op Tactics: Co-op missions open up new side stories and a fun way to explore open-world Paris. Get the most out of co-op gameplay with a wealth of insights, advanced tips and hi-res maps.

Poster Map: Fully-labeled poster map shows the player all of the secrets and collectibles hidden in Paris.

Free eGuide: Includes a code to access the mobile-friendly eGuide, a digital version of the full strategy guide optimized for a second screen experience.

Dragon Age Inquisition: Inquisitor Edition

MSRP: $137.99
Amazon (at time of posting): $86.52

Release Date: Nov. 18 2014

Large Dragon Age themed container wrapped with a faux leather texture includes the following-

• 368-page Collector's Edition hardcover guide with unique cover treatments matching the container
• Four faux leather bookmarks topped with metal headers, stamped with Dragon Age faction emblems, and backed with colored ribbons matching the faction colors
• Stylized pen with Inquisition logo presented in a themed box
• Includes bonus in-game items

Final Fantasy Box Set (VII-IX)

MSRP: $148.99
Amazon (at time of posting): $93.86

Release Date: Nov. 4 2014 | ISBN-10: 1101898046 | ISBN-13: 978-1101898048

• The Final Fantasy Box Set is a must have for fans of this beloved series.

• The set includes hardcover versions of Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy IX, each comes with a ribbon bookmark and deluxe cover treatment. 

• Each guide has been redesigned from scratch and updated with new high resolution screen shots. In addition, the set comes with three iconic game images printed for first time as holographic lithographs. 

• The three holographic prints are secured in a beautiful slipcase with magnetic closure

Last edited by a moderator:
A redesigned Final Fantasy IX guide, from Prima? I didn't know such a book existed from them. I'm not sure what they'd base their book off. They'd better not be reworking the Brady guide, that'd still be a waste of paper. The Piggyback guide was supposed to be a bit better, but still had PlayOnline fuck everywhere.

Despite only owning the PC versions of VII and VIII, the Final Fantasy Box Set has piqued my interest. As mentioned, 'tis a shame there are no pics yet. If the guides are actually packaged in a nice box or sleeve, I'd be quite tempted to purchase it.

Way way wayyyyy too expensive for what they are. At least as far as the Final Fantasy guides are concerned if they are indeed just hardbacks in a 3 part case like the "mock up". These are just game guides. Unless this is limited to something super small I don't see them pulling more than $20~/book in the set. (So around $60)

Now if they were like the Hyrule Histora I'd be willing to pay more/book as that would actually have "new" things in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back