Redbox Game Week 8/10-8/16 Free Video Game Rental

While this is obviously a great deal (free is free), I simply cannot find a single game on their list that I haven't already rented or played in some manner. And Diablo comes out after the promotion ends, of course...Might have to bite on getting Wolfenstein again and actually finish it this time.

For anybody that was curious about the game, Murdered:Soul Suspect can be easily beaten in one day's rental (or roughly 7ish hours) with this deal.

i pretty much rented all the games i want to rent, except Murder and wolfenstein (except they don't have that for xbox  :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I followed a guide for the ridiculous 242 collectibles and had the Platinum trophy in about 8 hours.
I haven't shot gunned a game in quite some time, I may have to try it with this one. For a game that seems to only take about 4 hours to playthrough 242 collectibles is absurd.

I haven't shot gunned a game in quite some time, I may have to try it with this one. For a game that seems to only take about 4 hours to playthrough 242 collectibles is absurd.
4 hours? Maybe if you play it on the easiest level. Real gamers play on UBER Difficulty it was awesome

What games can be completed in one day?

In my area I have Titanfall, Amazing Spider-Man 2, Thief, South Park, and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (I had no idea this had a standalone version).

In my area I have Titanfall, Amazing Spider-Man 2, Thief, South Park, and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (I had no idea this had a standalone version).
Blood Dragon was tons of fun (a nod to the old school). I downloaded it the day it came out on ps3. Killing neon T-Rexs FTW

Of the ones I've played, you can finish the story of Titanfall, South Park, and Blood Dragon in a day. You can get all achievements in Blood Dragon.

Thanks Bobs, I'll probably be picking up either Blood Dragon or South Park. I'm still surprised Blood Dragon is standalone.
According to Raptr, it took me 5 hours to finish Blood Dragon with all achievements and South Park took 13 to beat the story (with some side achievements). Get BD if you don't have a lot of time. Both games are fun though.

Is there a trick to finding out if a Redbox near you has X1 or PS4 games? Short of actually driving around to the Redboxes, that is. Using the phone app, it doesn't even look like they have current gen games in the system yet.

Is there a trick to finding out if a Redbox near you has X1 or PS4 games? Short of actually driving around to the Redboxes, that is. Using the phone app, it doesn't even look like they have current gen games in the system yet.
I couldn't figure out how to check on the mobile site, I had to use my computer and go on the desktop site. But it did list what games were at each one on there.

I couldn't figure out how to check on the mobile site, I had to use my computer and go on the desktop site. But it did list what games were at each one on there.
Just figured it out. Had to manually type in the url for each console (but I'm sure there is an easier way to find it). No current gen games by me. Odd. I feel like LA is always part of the first to do things like this.

For others' convenience:

Xbox One search

PS4 seach

I don't think they can be searched for online. You have to check each box in person. It's really weird how they are doing next gen games.
That's the link I originally saw. Then I dicked around a bit and got those urls that I posted above. Turns out there is a copy of UFC about 5 miles away and a copy of Thief 3 miles away. Not interested in either game, but it at least proves that my search links work.

Some places in California have PS4 x Xbox one games, was surprised when I saw them in Menifee
So jealous since they had the last of us PS4 day 1 last Tuesday and it wasn't on the site :/

Some places in California have PS4 x Xbox one games, was surprised when I saw them in Menifee
So jealous since they had the last of us PS4 day 1 last Tuesday and it wasn't on the site :/
You just made me a happy man! I just read through this thread and figured, "They won't have PS4/Xbox One games here" but I live in Menifee. Thanks to you and of course the OP.

I want to play this one, and free is the price point I set for it after seeing the reviews.
I liked it much more than reviews led on. It was certainly short, but it was fun. It's not a balls-out action game like most AAA titles right now, but if you liked LA Noire, you'd probably enjoy this too.

Sounds like you can rent it for more than 1 day. You'll just have to return it then rent it again. Probably easiest with a smartphone.
Well if that's the case, its worth it for me since I'm only a few blocks away from a redbox. Will probably just return and re rent from the parking lot.

Thanks OP, it'll give me a chance to start/finish Infamous 2

Bought Second Son off a coworker, and was really hoping to get the whole picture of the story

Been wanting to play Wolfenstein for a while now. Looks like there are quite a few PS4 copies near me so I may finally pick it up. I hear its a rather short game so free is a nice price for it.

Ooooh!  This was always a great/awful way to spend a week.  I've played some gems this way, but also wasted a week sinking all my free time into games, haha.  Looking at Murdered, Ghosts, and Thief, I think.

I saw that there was a copy of The Last of Us: Remastered at my local Redbox. Looked online and saw they don't list PS4 and XB1 games. So looks like I will have to pass on this. Thanks anyways OP!

Not showing as live for me. It's trying to charge me $2 to reserve UFC. It sounds like you just had a free DVD rental credit on your account so it's giving you a dollar off.
It worked for me and a friend it shows up for $0.00 but I checked my bank account and I see a charge for $1.I rented Ultra Street Fighter so I don't know if its only for last gen games that the discount applies.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24623]

It worked for me and a friend it shows up for $0.00 but I checked my bank account and I see a charge for $1.I rented Ultra Street Fighter so I don't know if its only for last gen games that the discount applies.
It should only be a pending charge. When you return the game, it will go away.

Never used Redbox before, and just found out there is one a block away. So you reserve the game online and pick it up at a machine? I assume it opens when you use the credit card?
When you return the game you can pick up another one, or the same one free for this week?
thanks in advance

Amazing Spider Man 2 takes about 8 hours, though it sucks compared to most Spider-Man games.

bread's done
Back