Photo
* * * - - 9 votes

Target - $15 off any current game after pre-ordering one (expires 8/16)

target $15 deal preorder

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#1 Braleven

Braleven

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:54 AM

Example with Smash 3ds:
http://www.target.co...lot=medium_1_19

Click the small "special offers" text under the title. 

Preorder a game and checkout with another at $15 reduced.

#2 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:00 AM

http://www.cheapassg...view=getnewpost

game also have to have an MSRP of $39.99 in Targets system (unless online is different)

#3 Braleven

Braleven

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:04 AM

game also have to have an MSRP of $39.99 in Targets system (unless online is different)

Thanks, I should've read that. Didn't notice.

#4 Flyin' Burrito Man

Flyin' Burrito Man

I'll buy that for a $1!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

I was able to get Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U for $34.50 before tax by price matching walmart.com's price of $48.50, then using target's $15 off a $1 preorder.
Not a bad price!

#5 redroversk

redroversk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:32 AM

Thanks for posting this, I've had an itch to play Trials Fusion for a long time and now I can for $26.

#6 MetalGearHorus

MetalGearHorus

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:46 PM

Been looking around a couple retailers websites to see if there's anything exploitable like in the past. Here's a couple 'finds':

Professor Layton Azran Legacy :3ds: is carried in store according to their site for $39.99. Walmart has it online for $30, so ~$15 after PM/pre-order. Not a stellar deal, but might be nice for a fan or someone who just got a copy of Miracle Mask for $10 [or $5 after those Kongregate coupons] from Game$top.

Legend of Zelda Link Between Worlds :3ds: is on sale for $32.28 on Amazon and Walmart, so ~$17 after PM/pre-order. Again, not that great a deal, but also not bad for first party Nintendo.

Same deal for Pokemon Y and Mario & Luigi Dream Team :3ds: - ~$32 on Amazon, so ~$17 after PM/pre-order.

Batman Arkham Origins for :360: and :ps3: are $39.99 at Target, but on sale for $19.88 and $19.94 respectively at Walmart. Both would be ~$5 after PM/pre-order.

God of War Saga :ps3: should $40 at Target and is currently on sale at Best Buy and Amazon for $17.99, making it ~$3 after PM/pre-order, but GOOD LUCK.

Correct me if I'm wrong, just trying to help out some CAGs.

#7 MetalGearHorus

MetalGearHorus

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

Editing my post as I find finds.

#8 Gtar38690000

Gtar38690000

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

Amazon & Gs have theif ps4 $29.99. Would it be worth the 15 after the deal? Is this confirmed to work in store or online only

#9 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

Legend of Zelda Link Between Worlds :3ds: is on sale for $32.28 on Amazon and Walmart, so ~$17 after PM/pre-order. Again, not that great a deal, but also not bad for first party Nintendo.

You got some high standards for a deal.

Never stop making them pay.

#10 gbrlhrnndz

gbrlhrnndz

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:45 PM

This would work with Ffx remaster ps3 $19.99 amazon $39.99 target is a ~$5 game. Also monster hunter ultimate 3ds $19.99 GameStop $39.99 Target. Knack ps4 Amz $24~ Target $59.99 .

#11 stirbad

stirbad

Holla atcho boy!

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

Awesome post, thanks!

#12 Wish

Wish

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

Is there any confirmation that the $15 comes off even if you price match something below $39.99?

685327.png

#13 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

I'd love to grab Monster Hunter on 3DS for $5. Is this deal legit? 

Rollin off them hittas, sippin on that lean

Glory Boy wit a lamron shorty all the bitches want weed

We posted on the block, come thru we lettin off shots

When I be thru gettin that top I be ready for that qwap

BANG 3 COMING SOON ~~~~ 300 

#14 gbrlhrnndz

gbrlhrnndz

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

I haven't done it this round yet but it's legit if you price match then buy the preorder card.

#15 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:21 PM

I don't believe that Target pricematches the Gamestoppo.

Never stop making them pay.

#16 DieGo2SHAE

DieGo2SHAE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:29 PM

Batman Arkham Origins for :360: and :ps3: are $39.99 at Target, but on sale for $19.88 and $19.94 respectively at Walmart. Both would be ~$5 after PM/pre-order.

Sweet, will be making a stop by Target right after work if this hasn't been fixed by then. Thanks!

Can I pre-order any game? Not that it matters but I don't want to take the wrong card up there and all.

#17 Eternal Session

Eternal Session

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:36 PM

Thanks, I should've read that. Didn't notice.

No, it's fine. Since all the other ads have been lumped in together, it's hard to sort out the Target ads and therefore, finding the best price matches + the $15 off is not easy to see. There should be an additional thread for this each time Target has this deal.

#18 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:46 PM

It's YMMV to price match and then use the pre order card. They aren't supposed to but some don't give a shit

Currently Playing:  |  :pc: Divinity:Original Sin | :ps4: The Last of Us Remastered |

Finished Games: None

Last Movie Watched: Guardians of the Galaxy   :hot:

GT/PSN: Gedemer

Gedemer.pngfs_pc.png

#19 Bobby's Universe

Bobby's Universe

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:11 PM

It's YMMV to price match and then use the pre order card. They aren't supposed to but some don't give a shit

Most Targets around me are filled with junior detectives

Currently Playing

:ps3: Destiny
:wiiu: Disney Infinity (thanks to the free digital copy + stuff from my ps3 purchase of the game)
:wii: Scarface The World Is Yours
:3ds: Pokemon X...gotta catch em all

#20 MetalGearHorus

MetalGearHorus

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:13 PM

Sweet, will be making a stop by Target right after work if this hasn't been fixed by then. Thanks!

Can I pre-order any game? Not that it matters but I don't want to take the wrong card up there and all.

Yes, any pre-order card should work, just give it to them last.

#21 Mageshadow

Mageshadow

Taking A Deuce..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:17 PM

Gah - can't find anything decent to flip to GS credit :/ margins are hella tight since GS TIV tanked

#22 gbrlhrnndz

gbrlhrnndz

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:21 PM

There is a few ps4 games you could do for the $15 extra for two games. Knack is one of the top of my head Lego marvel ps4 might be another one Walmart $29.99 target $39.99

#23 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:27 PM

Most Targets around me are filled with junior detectives

Same here.  They used to do it but stopped...probably because I did it a couple of times -.-

Currently Playing:  |  :pc: Divinity:Original Sin | :ps4: The Last of Us Remastered |

Finished Games: None

Last Movie Watched: Guardians of the Galaxy   :hot:

GT/PSN: Gedemer

Gedemer.pngfs_pc.png

#24 Mageshadow

Mageshadow

Taking A Deuce..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:27 PM

There is a few ps4 games you could do for the $15 extra for two games. Knack is one of the top of my head

Link to this offer? 

Nevermind, found it. This might work!

#25 MetalGearHorus

MetalGearHorus

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:28 PM

It's important to keep in mind that this is totally YMMV and ultimately comes down to a combination of luck, how well you treat them, how well-informed or dumb they are, and how much they care about their job. I've been shot down a couple times before, and it's frustrating, but sometimes you just have to go back after a shift change or to another store and try again.

My favorite thing to do last time when I got a copy of Rayman Legends :wiiu: for me and my friend for $5 each was this:

Get a $10 eShop card [or any digital currency, or groceries, or whatever] and any pre-order card.
Find an employee to get the game you want, try and make some friendly small talk if you can.
Pretend like you don't know about the promo.
On the way to the counter, politely ask if they're able to do price matches there. Every time I've gotten it to work, they said yes and handled it no problem. If they say they have to send you to the Customer Service desk, don't get discouraged, but 9.9 times out of 10 you'll get shot down by a manager or Jr. Detective looking to spoil the fun.
Give them the game first. Have the webpage for the lower price already pulled up on your phone. Show them, they'll look at it for a second, maybe refresh the page if they know that much, and key in the price override. 
Hand them the eShop card or whatever else you're buying. This is a ditch effort to bring up the price a bit so what happens next won't be as obvious.
Hand them the pre-order card last. I like to do it right before they ask for payment when they think the transaction is almost done. 
They will scan in the card and the computer will automatically take off $15. The employee might freak out and think something is wrong, be surprised and excited for you that you got a good deal, or get all butthurt and try and call in a manager or backup. 

If everything goes well, you'll walk out of there with a cheap game and feeling like a champ. You can also try it without the supplemental dosh/groceries if you don't have the extra money, but some employees might feel bitter or catch on and alert the managers/other associates if people start walking out of there with $2 or $3 games. 

Best of luck to everyone, I hope that answers the obvious questions these types of promo threads get. 

[Updated my initial list with God of War Saga :ps3: by the way]

#26 leecy

leecy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:28 PM

Battlefield 4 and Ghosts for Xbox One is around $25 after pm and promo. Together they trade to GS to $50 or so.

#27 Roc74

Roc74

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:39 PM

Jr Detectives, youse guys... :rofl:

#28 Mageshadow

Mageshadow

Taking A Deuce..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:46 PM

Battlefield 4 and Ghosts for Xbox One is around $25 after pm and promo. Together they trade to GS to $50 or so.

Yeah. BF4 + Ghosts for Xbox one turns out to be $24 flat with tax

Help me out here, but based off of the Gamestop TIV thread i'd get the following:

$16 Ghosts

$17 BF4

$15 Extra Credit for 2 XBONE Games

10% Extra trade in

Makes it just shy of $53. My question would be if PUR stacks with the $15 promo, anyone know?

#29 bbedwards

bbedwards

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:46 PM

Oh yeah, headed to target...

#30 Mageshadow

Mageshadow

Taking A Deuce..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:08 PM

Just noticed that the BF4 price on amazon is NOT shiped and sold by amazon. They normally make a fuss if it's not and won't honor a PM, so YMMV with a Amazon BF4 PM

Edit: a Good substitue is AC 4 BF - Xbox one

$24.99 on amazon

-15 Promo

+1 Pre-order card

Makes it $10.99+ Tax

Trade in for $14 ( just called )