Newegg.com Weekly Deals Thread

NeweggJeff

Official Representative
Hey CAGs,

Check this thread every week for new deals (first post will be updated)

Digital Bundle Sale:

Store Page: http://www.newegg.com/DigitalGames/EventSaleStore/ID-2126840?icid=278746

Sleeping Dogs Essentials (Base + 25 DLCs) [Online Game Codes]
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832166182
$32.88

Might & Magic Power Pack (VI, VII, VIII, IX, Clash of Heroes, Mandate of Heaven, Shades of Darkness) [Online Game Codes]
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832138469
$27.49

Assassin's Creed Triple Pack (1 + 2 + 3) [Online Game Codes]
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832138432
$22.49

The Bureau + XCOM EU Complete [Online Game Codes]
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832205176
$14.99

Thief [Online Game Code]
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832166148
$19.99

GTA Power Pack (GTA IV Complete, GTA 3, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas) [Online Game]
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832137050
$12.99

Rockstar Essentials Bundle (Max Payne Triple Pack, GTA IV Complete, LA Noire Complete) [Online Game Codes]
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832137049
$16.99

Jeff

Newegg.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Really annoying how you have to request the price for Middle Earth.  

I used to buy several games from Newegg when they would offer steep discounts on older games and have competitive preorder discounts but I honestly can't remember the last time I have ordered from them.  Hopefully things will start to change though.

Really annoying how you have to request the price for Middle Earth.

I used to buy several games from Newegg when they would offer steep discounts on older games and have competitive preorder discounts but I honestly can't remember the last time I have ordered from them. Hopefully things will start to change though.
Hope that we can earn your business back. As we get closer to Black Friday/Cyber Monday the deals will get even better. Your feedback is appreciated though. =)

so is this guy legit? any mods can verify?
No, someone is posing as the Newegg Rep for fun.

Welcome to CAG, Jeff.

None of the digital deals appeal to me this week, but some of your past sales have been pretty good so I look forward to any future sales. Any current coupon codes working on digital games?

No, someone is posing as the Newegg Rep for fun.

Welcome to CAG, Jeff.

None of the digital deals appeal to me this week, but some of your past sales have been pretty good so I look forward to any future sales. Any current coupon codes working on digital games?
Thank you =)

I've actually been lurking for quite a while as a fan before I started at Newegg.

I also am a streamer so gaming is a very important part of my life (part of the reason I started here).

And no, our employee discounts can't compete with most promos we release =p.

We do have a Visa Checkout Promo going on that is site wide (I haven't tried the code on digital games) but it gives 10% off (up to $20) when using the promocode VCO and using Visa Checkout as a payment method.

Pretty good prices. I don't think most people even know that Newegg sells online codes for PC games so this is a great way to raise awareness for that.

Once you guys start putting games on sale for $5 during the holidays and Black Friday, your site's going to be flooded with traffic. Hope you're ready for that!

Pretty good prices. I don't think most people even know that Newegg sells online codes for PC games so this is a great way to raise awareness for that.

Once you guys start putting games on sale for $5 during the holidays and Black Friday, your site's going to be flooded with traffic. Hope you're ready for that!
We can handle it =)

I actually picked up Lego Batman 2 for myself (every podcast I listen to say it's the best one) =p

@NewEggJeff

Welcome to the CAG Party.

Do you guys match @ NewEgg other online retail deals or download store deals (in the USA)?

I'm also interested on the price matching policy for the digital games.  

I have picked a game here and there in the past from newegg, i usually just stumble upon the deal when looking at new hardware.  I hope this thread becomes the go to place to find info on the newegg game sales!!!

@NewEggJeff

Welcome to the CAG Party.

Do you guys match @ NewEgg other online retail deals or download store deals (in the USA)?
Going to be honest here. We do it for a lot items but not all (80% according to the page linked below).

We have something called the Iron Egg Guarantee but it is usually reserved for high ticket or very popular items that go in our Shell Shockers, Daily Deals, and Email Blast Deals.

Here is the link describing it: http://promotions.newegg.com/nepro/13-2430/index.html

Now while this may be bad news, what I will do for you guys is internally promote the idea of Video Game matching and see what happens. We may not see results of this for a while but maybe (don't quote me on this) I can see if we could have something for Black Friday.

Obviously don't take this as scripture but I will try for you guys as Gaming is a very important push for Newegg (why I'm here).

If anyone else has any questions feel free to ask here.

I will be back on Monday to review and answer what I can.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Hey Jeff,

Im a long time Newegg customer and actually enjoy purchasing from the site since i get my items tax free and within two days using free shipping.

My only complaint, and hopefully you can talk to the higher ups about this, is that newegg fails to get preorder items for most, if not all games that come with preorder dlc.

I know some preorder dlc is exclusive to specific retailers (like gamestop), but for games with preorder dlc that isnt retailer exclusive can newegg begin receiving these items for people who preorder at newegg.

Alot of times if a preorder dlc is tempting enough, i usually skip preordering at newegg and preorder at amazon instead.

Im hoping you guys can fix this, if it isnt too much trouble. Thanks. 

I really like NewEgg myself. If they did price matching they would get ~95% of my business.

Welcome to CAG, Jeff!  Last year you guys at Neweggs knocked it out of the park with great PS3 and Xbox360 tripple AAA titles on sale for only $9.99 around the holiday season starting in September.  Then you went quite most of this year so far.  Please bring those deals back.

I really like NewEgg myself. If they did price matching they would get ~95% of my business.
Price-matching can be really good if they have additional % off promo's for coupons + vouchers that you can combine w/ the price-match. :D

If anyone else has any questions feel free to ask here.

I will be back on Monday to review and answer what I can.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Hello Sir. I was shocked when I saw this thread a couple of minutes ago. I have been checking newegg digital deals (mostly gaming deals) and I think they have been some exceptionally good. The voucher for discount helps a lot in my opinion, is a hugh boost.

I will be honest, I hope you can have a great success here. Having a rep is amazing, and I will try to give you some suggestions as I did on amazon's thread.

The first thing I have been checking is that your catalogue is still small, but you are increasing it little by little, that is very good in my opinion. Keep going on that way.

I liked also your honesty about pricematches on digital games. I hope your feedback returns with a great internal success for newegg and customers.

There was something I didn't like in the past, and was the lack of information to find the deals. I have to enter manually and check day by day for sales. Hopefully this thread will help a lot in this area.

And last, but not probably not all, I remember telling Josh (amazon's rep) about your Star Wars Package ( don't remeber exactly the price and which games) but it was a very good move.

In summary, looking forward for black friday deals and news also.

----

I know my english is not very good, and you should have probably notice at this point. Even that, I like to speak with the truth on hand.

Your best sales are the ones when you slash prices on games to almost nothing to get rid of inventory, usually in the 1st quarter of the year.  Also, making most games shoprunner ineligible is a deterrent for me to order from you.

Pleased to see you here, Jeff. I haven't bought much from Newegg of late (last preorder I did was Halo 4 for $45) but I look forward to seeing some competitive deals from you and the site going forward.

You can get an extra 10% off by using Visa Checkout.  Visa Checkout isn't an extra credit card or anything, it's basically just a way to link your existing credit card so you don't have to enter your card info and billing address on every site you buy stuff from.

Welcome to CAG Jeff. :beer:
Glad to be here.

Ironically I'm not even in PR but I like CAG so much I took this on =)

I'm actually in Affiliates in a lead role but again, love the community so here I is.

I will follow up on the rest of the feedback internally.

You can get an extra 10% off by using Visa Checkout. Visa Checkout isn't an extra credit card or anything, it's basically just a way to link your existing credit card so you don't have to enter your card info and billing address on every site you buy stuff from.
I added that to the front page.

Also put the end date which is tonight at midnight PST. (for the digital sales not the VISA promo)

Hello Sir. I was shocked when I saw this thread a couple of minutes ago. I have been checking newegg digital deals (mostly gaming deals) and I think they have been some exceptionally good. The voucher for discount helps a lot in my opinion, is a hugh boost.
Ugg don't say Sir it makes me feel old =p

There was something I didn't like in the past, and was the lack of information to find the deals. I have to enter manually and check day by day for sales. Hopefully this thread will help a lot in this area.
Yes checking every day is in fact the most thorough way of checking for deals but hopefully the thread here will be beneficial for you moving forward.

I try to include as many as I can that seem attractive or have better prices than the competition.

A shortcut that I use when checking the site is to add &name=Discount%20Item at the end of a product page as it will show only the items that are on sale (you can also select it on the left side).

Our search is actually a smart search and inputting the term "discounted games" will return all game deals in bulk allowing you to search within the list as well using the bar.

Appreciate the feedback and any deals can provide Sir.

Jeff,

Please help, i tried both chat and online for help but they dont know why a visa checkout button is not showing up at the bottom of my cart screen. I am signed in with my newegg account and I added the ps4 destiny preorder to the cart.  I have tried from two different locations, 3 different browsers and 3 different computers. I can not get the visa checkout button to show up in my cart to get the 10% off.

Jeff,

Please help, i tried both chat and online for help but they dont know why a visa checkout button is not showing up at the bottom of my cart screen. I am signed in with my newegg account and I added the ps4 destiny preorder to the cart. I have tried from two different locations, 3 different browsers and 3 different computers. I can not get the visa checkout button to show up in my cart to get the 10% off.
Odd. I actually do not know why either. The VCO promocode doesn't seem to be working for this item.

I recommend calling our customer service.

Odd. I actually do not know why either. The VCO promocode doesn't seem to be working for this item.

I recommend calling our customer service.
I did call customer serivce they didnt understand why the visa checkout button was not showup. I also tried on my IPAD and the preorder will not add to my cart to use the visa checkout on the ipad app.

Does the Nosgoth include some of the in game premium currency? Runestones I believe they're called. If so, how much?

Oh, Dungeon Siege. That takes me back. I thought the third game was pretty good - but not as good as the first two - so I didn't understand the frigid reception for it. I think I'll have to get these.

Oh, Dungeon Siege. That takes me back. I thought the third game was pretty good - but not as good as the first two - so I didn't understand the frigid reception for it. I think I'll have to get these.
The first game is one of my favorite ARPGs I've ever played. The multiplayer is COMPLETELY different than the single player and the world is HUGE. You walk for miles through mobs just to get places and the best part... a chicken minigun drops in the developer farm hidden level. This was before gaming became casual. It takes a bit to get running correctly but if you want someone to game with hit me up.

Oh and 1 character can rotate between being a warrior, ranger, druid, or mage just by using the item in that slot.

I did call customer serivce they didnt understand why the visa checkout button was not showup. I also tried on my IPAD and the preorder will not add to my cart to use the visa checkout on the ipad app.
I found out that the VISA promo ran out of funding and that's why you couldn't use it.

Sorry.

B/c for many, it felt like a majorly different game.

Sure, I liked DS3 - but nowhere as much as DS1+2.

Also, keep in mind - DS1+2 games on Steam (which is what NewEgg digitally sells) do NOT include their expansions unfortunately.

If you have retail copies of DS1:LOA + DS2: Broken World, you might have to do some screwing around (i.e. check Steam PUF for more info on how to do this) to mix the DS1+2 Steam-versions w/ the retail expansions.

EDIT:

I should try mixing the versions sometime - and see if I could get it going. I been lazy.

bread's done
Back