Photo
- - - - -

Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare $10 off any platform & Free DLC w/ the purchase of specially marked Cheetos @ Target

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#91 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 08:20 PM

Between this game for the XBOX ONE and the PS4..which is the better version to get? I dont have the XBOX ONE yet but was going to hold off getting this game if its better on the xbox one..like maybe it contains extra things

It's a basic enough game so that there really isn't any huge difference between the two. Nothing you'd really notice. But if you go with the X1, you can always just pay $30 a year to get the EA Access which will include PvZ GW. 

#92 asspickle

asspickle

Scandinavian King

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 08:37 PM

Between this game for the XBOX ONE and the PS4..which is the better version to get? I dont have the XBOX ONE yet but was going to hold off getting this game if its better on the xbox one..like maybe it contains extra things

I think the ps4 version runs at 1080p to the X1's 900p

It's a basic enough game so that there really isn't any huge difference between the two. Nothing you'd really notice. But if you go with the X1, you can always just pay $30 a year to get the EA Access which will include PvZ GW. 

When did they add PVZ to the vault?

#93 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 08:45 PM

PS4 has better resolution at 1080p/60 where the Xbox One is 900p/60 but the community on the Xbox One is probably greater for the time being as the game has been out since February and has seen numerous sales so the game is in a lot more hands, but with the installed base of the PS4 that likely won't be the case for long.

125365.png

#94 lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 08:46 PM

And both versions have the same online access and the same DLC? Maybe I will just go with the PS4 version..not interested in paying 30 bucks a year for the EA access

#95 lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 08:48 PM

PS4 has better resolution at 1080p/60 where the Xbox One is 900p/60 but the community on the Xbox One is probably greater for the time being as the game has been out since February and has seen numerous sales so the game is in a lot more hands, but with the installed base of the PS4 that likely won't be the case for long.

Thanks for the info..and the community is necessary to play the game?

#96 Sunrisecityrider

Sunrisecityrider

Posted Yesterday, 08:50 PM

Nada at my target. Grocery manager said the frito lay rep will be here 2mrw. Nobody knew about it in electronics either.

#97 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 08:57 PM

Thanks for the info..and the community is necessary to play the game?

The game is online multiplayer only so the community is vital to the game.

Edit: I should note there is a local co-op mode, this runs at only 30fps on the Xbox One and 60fps on the PS4 so there's another advantage for the PS4 version.

125365.png

#98 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 08:59 PM

When did they add PVZ to the vault?

They haven't yet. I said that it will include PvZ. They just haven't yet. But I assume it's on the top of their list since the game art is being using in every damn promo I've seen for EA Access. 

#99 lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 09:19 PM

Edit: I should note there is a local co-op mode, this runs at only 30fps on the Xbox One and 60fps on the PS4 so there's another advantage for the PS4 version.

Sounds like the PS4 version is the better choice..gonna call Target to see if they have it plus the Cheetos bag in stock

#100 eulogywerd21

eulogywerd21

APPLAUSE

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 10:05 PM

Come on guys, you know you have to buy the large bags of Cheetos to qualify for this?!?!  Ain't nobody got time for that . . .

2IRSnHM.jpg

If it weren't for the dude, that would qualify as the "sexiest pic I've ever seen".

jkimrey: Do it man! It's a steam key - one place for all your games. Plus, you gotta catch 'em all.

#101 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Who's Afraid of Me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 10:21 PM

If anyone has an extra code for the Exclusive charecter's I would appreciate them don't have a Target nearby but would enjoy adding a couple new charecter's to my roster for Xbox One.
Thanks,
TJ
Please add me to your Ultraviolet/Digital Copy mailing lists, my email is tjw779@yahoo.com

675829.png

#102 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 10:22 PM

And I'm not sure if PS4 version has its own version of the Smartglass mode either. Which can be helpful when you're watching TV, but still want to play with friends.

My Completed Games   (Last Updated: 07/10/14 *Most Recent: Guacamelee - X1*)   

This Week on YouTube: Project Spark (X1), Robocraft (PC)  - Next Week on YouTube: Project Spark (X1)

This Weekend on Twitch:  Garry's Mod (PC), Robocraft (PC)

Gamertag: Bob101910 RFP

#103 PAULINK

PAULINK

Woah, I can edit this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 12:25 AM

No luck at my target. I read this thread so I knew what to expect, showed the guy the advertisement in the ad, clearly explained there were stickers that were to be placed on the bags, but to no avail, eventually he had just told me this is going to be part of the restock tomorrow and that frito lay should have it. Obviously I knew this was not true after reading this thread but I thanked him for his time anyways. Oddly enough, they had cheeto bags in the gaming area but I checked all of them and no sticker whatsoever. At first I wondered if someone may have taken the stickers off but I really don't think target has put them out.

Either way, i'm not going to waste my time until I get some confirmations in this thread that target is getting their act together. I still want those free characters though.

Posted Image

#104 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 12:33 AM

No luck at my target. I read this thread so I knew what to expect, showed the guy the advertisement in the ad, clearly explained there were stickers that were to be placed on the bags, but to no avail, eventually he had just told me this is going to be part of the restock tomorrow and that frito lay should have it. Obviously I knew this was not true after reading this thread but I thanked him for his time anyways. Oddly enough, they had cheeto bags in the gaming area but I checked all of them and no sticker whatsoever. At first I wondered if someone may have taken the stickers off but I really don't think target has put them out.

Either way, i'm not going to waste my time until I get some confirmations in this thread that target is getting their act together. I still want those free characters though.

I saw the shelf underneath the games on the front endcap and that was where the Cheetos were supposed to go(saw the shelf tag for them). But...all empty. Electronic guy said he did not know where they were and to check back at the end of the week when they "might" get them lol. Don't care one way or the other, just trying to get information cuz I was in there to get spiderman 2 blu ray anyway. BTW, he did scan that Cheeto shelf tag and the DCPI showed no stock anywhere in store, so its not like they were in the back.

#105 musick

musick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 12:48 AM

I saw the shelf underneath the games on the front endcap and that was where the Cheetos were supposed to go(saw the shelf tag for them). But...all empty. Electronic guy said he did not know where they were and to check back at the end of the week when they "might" get them lol. Don't care one way or the other, just trying to get information cuz I was in there to get spiderman 2 blu ray anyway. BTW, he did scan that Cheeto shelf tag and the DCPI showed no stock anywhere in store, so its not like they were in the back.

the first of the 2 Targets I went to had a clerk actually stocking the Cheetos section of the chips aisle but no PvZ themed bags
He asked if he could help and I told him what I as looking for ... he said he had to stock a bottom shelf in electronics last night
So I go over to electronics and all bags were standard Cheetos fare ... Hesitated to walk out since they only had 2 copies of the game but did

went to a second Target and no bags of any kind in electronics and those in the grocery aisle were not specially marked as well
bought the game and a regular $4.49 bag of Cheetos and got the $10 GC during checkout
would rather not risk losing the GC than to wait on the correct Cheetos bag since stores seemed limited with game stock
I can always go back and exchange the Cheetos if the bonus content is that important to me

I do hate it though when retailers can't get their sh$# together and properly execute on a promotion

#106 Zeldafanatic15

Zeldafanatic15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 01:02 AM

It needs to be said agin, this promo is a huge fiasco. No Cheetos at all and no PS4/PS3 copies at one Target, the other Target I went to had PS4 copies and some Cheetos, but no stickers. The guy in Electronics looked at me like I had 10 heads when I explained it to him, knew nothing about the promotion, didn't even know a gift card came with it until the system prompted him. I have a hunch they'll start giving the DLC away a different way after all the negative feedback they've gotten on FB and Twitter.

#107 pittsnoggle

pittsnoggle

Posted Today, 01:07 AM

If by chance someone gets a code I have a plus 50% trade credit coupon to trade at gamestop

690810.png

#108 KuHLiiDE

KuHLiiDE

Posted Today, 01:26 AM

The target by my area looked like they were tryin hard to let go of their cheetos bags. (Buy two for $3) No sign of the ones with the PvZ stickers on them though :/

Current Gameshares  My Youtube  My Twitch   My Trade List <---- I HAVE KHII Formation Arts Vol. 2!!! Final Fantasy Elixirs/Potions!!! 

Psh, who needs platinum trophies nowadays.  I Lied.

cloud1425.png  zit.gif

Got Kidrobot StreetFighter figures you need off your hands? Feel free to HMU with an offer. 

#109 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 02:19 AM

Finally! I got one. Third time, and this time, all the party sizes had the stickers on them. My little bro will be excited to see them tomorrow.
Posted Image

#110 Sunrisecityrider

Sunrisecityrider

Posted Today, 02:21 AM

Great. I expect we'll be seeing more of them pop up as the week goes on.

#111 StupidGonzo85

StupidGonzo85

Posted Today, 02:37 AM

The target by my house had the cheetos on display
694419.png

#112 Disp0sable13

Disp0sable13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 03:47 AM

If you want the code, buy the cheetos, don't steal the code.

it is not stealing if the code is a sticker on the outside of the package.

if it was a card inside the bag, and i ripped it open to grab it and leave, then that would be stealing.

#113 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 03:50 AM

it is not stealing if the code is a sticker on the outside of the package.

if it was a card inside the bag, and i ripped it open to grab it and leave, then that would be stealing.

The stickers are actually hard to pull off. I feel like I'd rip the bag open trying to pull it off.
Posted Image

#114 bonesawisready

bonesawisready

YES! YES! YES!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 07:37 AM

Stopped by Target they had the Cheetos, a ton of them, but no PS4 copies so I just bought it at BB.

At first I really regretted my purchase and I was planning on trading it in later today but I gave it another shot and enjoyed a round of Garden Ops a lot. The competitive multi rubbed me the wrong way a bit at the start tho. I also HATE the slow pace of everything, does that change?

With Titanfall still on my backlog and Destiny comnig out I do feel like this was a bad purchase overall since I'll forget about it in 3 weeks but if local co-op with the GF takes off maybe I'll not trade it in. Also picked up the blue DS4 today too.

#115 Megamania

Megamania

Posted Today, 08:26 AM

As I assumed not even worth attempting to go to the store yet.

Thanks CAGs for not allowing me waste any time with target.  :)

#116 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Fredo in the cut, that's a scary site

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 08:38 AM

I hope they have some when I go Friday to get that new Wiz album. I don't even want the $10 off, I just want the damn skins for XB1.

Have: $5 eshop code Want: $5 PSN code

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png677547.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Nothing   :ps4: Nothing   :wiiu: Nothing   :360: Lego Harry Potter; Years 5-7   :ps3: Nothing   :3ds: Nothing   :vita:  TWD: Season 1 ep. 3

#117 kelo360

kelo360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 09:01 AM

I hope they have some when I go Friday to get that new Wiz album. I don't even want the $10 off, I just want the damn skins for XB1.

I'd spotify the wiz album before you buy. I don't feel it's as strong as previous efforts. But the song with Curren$y bangs.

#118 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 09:50 AM

I have always had the problem/thought

Those are one in the same for you?