Best Buy: Buy Amazing Spider-Man 2 & $14.99 TV Show; Save $10 (includes Toy Story of Terror BD)

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Best Buy ad shows $10 saving on Amazing Spider-Man 2 (including the exclusive versions) if you purchase a $14.99 TV show with it.

The highlight of this deal for people with kids is Toy Story of Terror BD ($14.99, releases on 8/19). If you haven't seen it, this was an excellent 22-minute made-for-TV Halloween special. It also includes a few other Toy Story shorts.

Here's the promo link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/null/save-10-on-the-amazing-spider-man-2-with-purchase-of-a-select-tv-title/pcmcat338600050027.c?id=pcmcat338600050027

And here's the list of eligible titles: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/the-amazing-spider-man-2-offer-125994

ETA: People are reporting that the $10 discount does not automatically apply in-store with Toy Story of Terror. However, it does work online (both for shipping and in-store pickup).

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no idea what ASM2 was until I reluctantly clicked the link. 

Pretty good deal if you were planning on buying something on the list already.  $5 for DVD, $10 for BD+DVD after savings.

My personal recommendation: Flight of the Conchords complete (5D) collection for $17.99.

Saw this deal on the ad the other day and just ordered The Amazing Spider Man 2 3D Magno Case along with Breaking Bad: Season 1 Blu Ray for $29.98 + Tax. 

It would be cool if not everything was abbreviated.

Im sure only diehard spidey fans know what ASM2 is. I see this waaaaaaaay too much on the net.

It is usually faster and more convenient for people to just see the whole title/name.

I ordered Toy Story of Terror along with ASM2 yesterday morning. A few hours later I received the weekly e-mail from Bull Moose listing TSoT for $9.96. I couldn't cancel online or through customer service, but the gentleman I spoke with told me he'd be more than happy to price match a local competitor. :)

Thanks for posting this thread! there is also a buy 2 save 15% and buy 3 and save 25% going on that you can stack into this. I picked up two others and got toy story terror for $11.24 and spiderman 3d for $14.99!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/fall-tv-show-offer-125940
I would have loved to have done this as well, but I couldn't find any other TV titles at acceptable prices to lower the Toy Story cost. I can settle for $14.99 each for ASM2 3D and Toy Story, though, especially on release day for both! I thought I'd have to wait until BF to get ASM2 3D for that price!

Picked up the non 3D magnet cover one and Person of Interest S2 for $30, could have added Toy Story of Terror for $9ish but its chilling on the DVR.

It would be cool if not everything was abbreviated.

Im sure only diehard spidey fans know what ASM2 is. I see this waaaaaaaay too much on the net.

It is usually faster and more convenient for people to just see the whole title/name.
Sorry for the confusion. I was trying to keep the title short. I updated the thread title and OP to reflect the whole name.

Picked up the non 3D magnet cover one and Person of Interest S2 for $30, could have added Toy Story of Terror for $9ish but its chilling on the DVR.
Yes the Mango case is nice. I just don't hope they become the new packaging for exclusives now. BTW Toy Story does now work with this Spiderman deal. People are posting at br.com that they tried and the system isn't counting it. So unless you feel like spending time with a manager then just use the $5 off coupon and or buy a different tv show.

Yes the Mango case is nice. I just don't hope they become the new packaging for exclusives now. BTW Toy Story does now work with this Spiderman deal. People are posting at br.com that they tried and the system isn't counting it. So unless you feel like spending time with a manager then just use the $5 off coupon and or buy a different tv show.
What's br.com supposed to be?

Typical Best Buy. It's on the site, so you can order online for in-store pickup and get the deal.

What's br.com supposed to be?
I'm assuming it's blu-ray.com

Typical Best Buy. It's on the site, so you can order online for in-store pickup and get the deal.

I'm assuming it's blu-ray.com
I guess but I didn't see any discussion about Best Buy not honoring the deal at bluray.com. What I am seeing is a lot of discussion on the Target exclusive features....... ugh.

It was bad enough when games had ridiculous pre-order "bonuses" for every store, but movies pulling this crap is outrageous.

Did this with AMS2 3D + House of Cards S1 (BD) + Big Bang Theory S3 (BD) + Big Bang Theory S4 (BD) for $14.99 each, then $10 RZ on top.   Worked out well enough.

Toy Story House Of Terror is 24 minutes long, so seems like a waste on picking up on BD.  I'm sure there will be a Pixar collection of these short movies at some point.

Went to my local store to pick up my blu-ray of Revolution season one since it wasn't available for shipping and my store did not have any version on the Manga Case Spider-man 2 movies left. I had mine shipped anyways, I just hope it doesn't come damaged since it wont be easy to swap out.

So I picked up the Magno case for ASM2 and the Toy Story BR discs yesterday.  I pre-ordered Spiderman and paid in full and was there to pick it up and got TS to get the 10 dollar off promo.  Manager did an over ride and did a return of my pre-order of spiderman (19.99) and rung up the magno case at 9.99 and left the TS price at 14.99.  I owed about 5 dollars and that was that.   Question, looking at my receipt again there is no promo or bundle marks on it  , just an over ride of spiderman to 9.99.   Could I just return TS and get my 14.99 plus tax back and keep Spiderman?  Also do I loose the 5 dollars I paid in the process?

Did instore pickup for Spider-Man 2 3D Magno (glad I did cause when I got there all Magno cases were sold out) and luckily there was still one Toy Story of Terror bluray left on the shelf. Went up to pickup SM2 and asked the girl there if it's possible if she could do a return/rebuy and add on TS to get the $10 off. Luckily she tried doing the promo first before canceling the instore pickup cause it wouldnt allow her to do it. Tried every possible way but the system still wouldnt let her and she said it was probably an online only deal. I said it's cool and I'll just get SM. After she rang it up, she said if I still really wanted TS, she couldnt do the $10 off but best she could do was knock $5 off. It was better than nothing so I did it. Pretty awesome that she did that when she didnt really have to.

Yea instore last night it wouldn't ring up Toy Story as a TV on DVD item.  The manager went to the promo site online and filtered it to Disney and it wasn't there so she wouldn't override.  I came home and ordered online with store pickup.

Yea instore last night it wouldn't ring up Toy Story as a TV on DVD item. The manager went to the promo site online and filtered it to Disney and it wasn't there so she wouldn't override. I came home and ordered online with store pickup.
Is it just me or has Best Buy's CS turned to shit lately? It was never good to begin with but fuck it all I am having to argue with them about the most basic things now, including getting them to honor this deal (wasn't even getting Toy Story, but Arrow). They used to be my favorite B&M store, but between this crap and their new policies on shipping and what they'll PM I'm finding myself going to Target more and more.

Is it just me or has Best Buy's CS turned to shit lately? It was never good to begin with but fuck it all I am having to argue with them about the most basic things now, including getting them to honor this deal (wasn't even getting Toy Story, but Arrow). They used to be my favorite B&M store, but between this crap and their new policies on shipping and what they'll PM I'm finding myself going to Target more and more.
The system automatically adjusted the price for me when I grabbed Spidey and Arrow. When cashier was surprised by the discount, I showed him the printed ad. He remarked that he would have done the deal too, if he knew about it before buying his copy of Spidey.

i want toy.story but 14.99$ for a 22 minute short film puts me off
If it helps, it also includes the shorts Hawaiian Vacation (5 minutes, also part of Pixar Short Stories Volume 2), Small Fry (7 minutes, also part of Pixar Short Stories Volume 2), and Partysaurus Rex (7 minutes, also part of Monsters, Inc 3D).

bread's done
Back