GameCube Refurbished System $19.99 @ GameStop.com

swatman27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
GameStop just restocked their GameCube systems online. They come with the system, all cords and of course, the controller. For $19.99, this is a pretty nice deal. Usually the controller alone is worth more than $20. Although the picture shoes a black console, it may be any color.

Check it out here

I should buy a bunch and make a chair out of them
Yeah, and you can start chucking them at intruders in case of a break in. Or if you just wanna hurt someone.

Seriously, I hope the GC is a weapon in Smash Bros U... or whatever the fuck it's called.

Yeah, and you can start chucking them at intruders in case of a break in. Or if you just wanna hurt someone.

Seriously, I hope the GC is a weapon in Smash Bros U... or whatever the fuck it's called.
Why do you think they have built-in handles on them?

My dad found a gamecube in the trash at work 3 years ago. Nobody wanted it because it was old and they presumed it didn't work because it was left in a car during the summer. It had about 10 games, the only games I remember is metroid prime, super smash brothers melee and def jam vendetta. It came with the ac adapter, a/v cable, memory card and 3 controllers.

My dad found a gamecube in the trash at work 3 years ago. Nobody wanted it because it was old and they presumed it didn't work because it was left in a car during the summer. It had about 10 games, the only games I remember is metroid prime, super smash brothers melee and def jam vendetta. It came with the ac adapter, a/v cable, memory card and 3 controllers.
Out of your entire post, not once did you mention that you kept it.

I got excited for a moment, before I remembered that I don't need a GameCube. Got a BC Wii.

Someone found Melee in the trash... and left it there.

Aww man, my GCN's disc drive has been wonky for ages and I'd have loved to pick up a new one for cheap.

Wish I could've gotten one of these. Would love to play through Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros, and Double Dash again.

I bought one from GS for this price about a year ago in store.  I've planned on making it a lunch box but I never get around to it.  Plus, it's pretty small and can't fit much of a lunch.

I bought one from GS for this price about a year ago in store. I've planned on making it a lunch box but I never get around to it. Plus, it's pretty small and can't fit much of a lunch.
Don't bother. Unless you plan on cutting out the plastic around the inside of the lid, it's impossible to fit anything but a sandwich in there. But the look on someone's face when they see a sandwich come out of a GameCube is hilarious, lol.

I actually really want a new gamecube but never picked one up on ebay or elsewhere. Nintendo's odd instance on never sealing their friggin consoles (except for handhelds) makes me very leery on if anything im buying is really 'new' or not. I wouldn't mind another used backup but ive seen how GS treats their games, i dont think i'd want to buy a system from them. 

It also blows my mind that someone can get this system and Metroid Prime, the greatest game made in the history of games, for under $30. Just think about it: There is some kid out there who has never played video games and they can experience such joy for about $30.

Edit: The Gamecube is the most underrated system ever. *Looks at Dreamcast*

Last edited by a moderator:
More on why Metroid Prime is the greatest game ever: It has the best music in a game ever, brah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RWI3-8N_-Y

(Phendrana Drifts)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42u0KB6f5eU

(Title scren music ...  this music is amazing.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQCZIb0fbt8

(Magmoor Caverns !!!!)

Gamecube for $20? Well that's better than some of the Goodwills in Phoenix. Have one sitting around collecting dust from a Goodwill that I paid $16. I collect A/V and power cables for every system I can find so I had the cables (as either it didn't come with cables or Goodwill separated them to sell separately). Funny thing is, no one bothered to steal the Mario Kart Double Dash from the inside of the GC. 

I found a complete GC at the local goodwill for 12 bucks. I recently ordered the tools to open it up and do a full cleaning. Would love to get my hands on a copy of Double Dash or Melee.

More on why Metroid Prime is the greatest game ever: It has the best music in a game ever, brah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42u0KB6f5eU

(Title scren music ... this music is amazing.)
I almost thought that the beginning sounds like Michael Jackson's "Beat it."

I found a complete GC at the local goodwill for 12 bucks. I recently ordered the tools to open it up and do a full cleaning. Would love to get my hands on a copy of Double Dash or Melee.
Hard to find a GC for $15 these days; Goodwill management in AZ is being a pain in the rear.

Hmmm OOS.  

Gamestop system refurbs were kinda iffy, when I worked there like 50% of them came back defective.  Refurbs usually come with 3rd party controllers too IIRC.

That said, I would have been interested in networking together some Gameboy Players with some Crystal Chronicles on multiple TVs and going at it...

Get a backwards compatible wii. Not sure why anyone would revive this relic
That's the only problem with this. I love the Gamecube but I would rather have the Wii with the ability to play GC games. The one feature that the Wii does not have is the ability to use the GBA player. I guess that would be a nice addition for some people.

That's the only problem with this. I love the Gamecube but I would rather have the Wii with the ability to play GC games. The one feature that the Wii does not have is the ability to use the GBA player. I guess that would be a nice addition for some people.
Seconded. God that component cable on the Wii makes a world of a difference in picture quality. I know a lot of people love to have the portable games on the big screen...but to me, having the games only on the smaller screen is the charm of having those games.

Would be cool to have a GBA player for the Wii U...ask about that later when we have a blue moon.

Just called all of my surrounding ones and none have had any for a long time. One guy did redirect me to a local flea mall, where a guy has a Nintendo shop set up. He is selling them with 1 controller for the low, low price of $80.

Just called all of my surrounding ones and none have had any for a long time. One guy did redirect me to a local flea mall, where a guy has a Nintendo shop set up. He is selling them with 1 controller for the low, low price of $80.
Shipping killed that deal, lol. Must be some very special flea mall.

Just curious, did anyone actually get to order one? I tried to order the GC within minutes of this tread being up and they didn't have any available. I have a feeling that it may have been a glitch or something...

Gamecube for $20? Well that's better than some of the Goodwills in Phoenix. Have one sitting around collecting dust from a Goodwill that I paid $16. I collect A/V and power cables for every system I can find so I had the cables (as either it didn't come with cables or Goodwill separated them to sell separately). Funny thing is, no one bothered to steal the Mario Kart Double Dash from the inside of the GC.
Yeah the game consoles at goodwill here in phoenix are overpriced. I saw a old nes with a controller and a broken ac adapter and coax cable for $60. I think goodwill only keeps the console with the cables if its in good condition. The games, controllers and cables are resonable priced. The best time to buy is on the 50% saturdays. You check out the salvation army and savers. You can find some diamonds in the rough.

Honestly folks, a backwards-compatible Wii + component cables is the better option, and it is still capable of playing Phantasy Star Online through the SCHTHACK servers-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iRWi_tVuxc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnqOCRdV0A4

Good luck finding players now. Most of them are either Japanese players or non-GameCube users. Also, it is theoretically possible to also play Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Kirby Air Ride, and 1080 Avalanche online.

Honestly folks, a backwards-compatible Wii + component cables is the better option, and it is still capable of playing Phantasy Star Online through the SCHTHACK servers-

Good luck finding players now. Most of them are either Japanese players or non-GameCube users. Also, it is theoretically possible to also play Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Kirby Air Ride, and 1080 Avalanche online.
You're my hero!

bread's done
Back