Borderlands Vita bundle back in stock at GameStop

They had it listed as a preorder for late August before. I bet they're taking orders for a shipment that they think is coming but really isn't. Expect either cancellations or eternal delaying.

You can still find them in-store if you get lucky, though.

They had it listed as a preorder for late August before. I bet they're taking orders for a shipment that they think is coming but really isn't. Expect either cancellations or eternal delaying.

You can still find them in-store if you get lucky, though.
I live in Florida. The dude at the store checked his computer and said the closest one is in Georgia. If it gets cancelled I won't care that much, but it's better than paying $240 for one on eBay.

Yeah, it was listed as a pre-order for August 26th, so they just pushed it back a week. Probably expecting stock that will never come?

if you really want one you can try your local best buy too, while you can't check stock online I know a lot of the BBY's around me still have a few in store.  The movers coupon should stack with them as well, making it $180+tax.  Not a great deal imo, you can regularly buy vitas for $100 or less off cowboom and sometimes Tigerdirect will pop a big rebate deal-io on em (got mine for $80 last year).

Prices shouldn't hold up very well as Sony seems to be distancing itself from the console, I'd expect Best Buy to put their vitas on clearance soon.

Yeah, it was listed as a pre-order for August 26th, so they just pushed it back a week. Probably expecting stock that will never come?
Sony is continuing to ship the Vita bundle out to stores. I bought one at Target two weeks ago that was from a new batch of stock. Similarly, like I said, BB is getting them in again.

if you really want one you can try your local best buy too, while you can't check stock online I know a lot of the BBY's around me still have a few in store. The movers coupon should stack with them as well, making it $180+tax. Not a great deal imo, you can regularly buy vitas for $100 or less off cowboom and sometimes Tigerdirect will pop a big rebate deal-io on em (got mine for $80 last year).

Prices shouldn't hold up very well as Sony seems to be distancing itself from the console, I'd expect Best Buy to put their vitas on clearance soon.
Actually, Sony is continuing to release games for the Vita and the Playstation TV comes out in October and that's basically a Vita capable of TV output. While Sony hasn't been pushing the Vita hard lately, I seriously doubt you will see a clearance anytime soon.

I love my Vita but Sony did an awful job launching the new Vita slim...

I wish Sony would support the Vita just a little more......

At this rate, they might as well call it quit and give out all out the remaining vitas as relics.

Last edited by a moderator:
$240 each you won't make a dime. Ebay charges 13% in fees plus you'd pay tax and shipping.
4% on gaming hardware with basic store subscription....

but regardless. The only way you'll see a clearance on vita hardware is if a particular retailer makes the decision to stop carrying them. As long as the PS4 exists they will continue to produce vita hardware and software in some capacity since it is basically being marketed as a PS4 accessory. That and while there aren't a lot of blockbluster AAA titles there are enough niche, JRPG and indie titles to keep that crowd devoted through it's life span.

The vita isn't going anywhere for the next 5-7 years.

The vita isn't going anywhere for the next 5-7 years.
thats definitely true but probably not in the way you meant it

in store at best buy is a pretty decent deal - $199 - 10% movers coupon = $180+tax, will get back $18 in RZ points if you use a Best Buy Credit card plus almost another $5 from RZ points so $157+tax basically. Not a huge awesome deal, but better than anything outside of Cowboom used, Amazon Warehouse, or the occasional Tigerdirect rebate + coupon + AMEX offer triple dip.

Still its ridiculous that you'll want to buy a 64GB memory card and that'll set you back almost $90, shipped from Hong Kong. A 32GB card will be $55 at best.

i am dying for a vita but everything worth getting on the vita is through ps+, crossbuy, or a psone game i.e. digital. Yet they charge $90 for a 64GB card when games range from 2-8 GB.

I dunno I'd wait for Black Friday and hope for for the best. 

I'm still waiting for a 64GB card to drop around $75-80ish. 

I imagine the Vita would have been a marginal success if it weren't for memory card prices. I would have bought one a long time ago.

I usually only download indy titles and 99 cent Ps one titles as I don't have a Ps4 or plus but if I did my 2 8gb cards wouldnt hold much. Sly cooper collection alone is 6gbs.

If you guys calculate the "free" games and discounts from ps plus, the cost of the memory card isn't that bad. If Sony doesn't make any type of money then there won't be anymore free games. At least support the company somehow. I got too many games to play because of ps plus.

Actually, Sony is continuing to release games for the Vita and the Playstation TV comes out in October and that's basically a Vita capable of TV output. While Sony hasn't been pushing the Vita hard lately, I seriously doubt you will see a clearance anytime soon.
Thought sony said they are mostly pulling all of the AAA support titles for the vita and hope 3rd parties support the vita from now on.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/vita-s-focus-will-be-indie-titles-and-remote-play-sony-says/1100-6420613/

Thought sony said they are mostly pulling all of the AAA support titles for the vita and hope 3rd parties support the vita from now on.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/vita-s-focus-will-be-indie-titles-and-remote-play-sony-says/1100-6420613/
Way to misquote. All he said is that they will be focusing more on indies and PS4 support and release fewer first party titles. Nothing about pulling all of the AAA support titles. Also nothing about discontinuing support for the Vita or clearances anytime soon. But please, feel free to wait for that to happen. If Sony proved anything with the PSP, it's that they won't give up on a platform even if they slow down the first party releases.

bread's done
Back