PS4 controllers $39.99 ebay daily deal

Keep wanting to grab one for my PS3 (until I get a PS4), but that weak battery life scares me a bit. On the PS4 you can dim the lightbar, etc. I haven't seen that option for PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. Even better deal than that Newegg sale I price matched at Best Buy.

Ordered one, gonna return the other.

Thanks, OP!

Speaking of low battery life, has anyone bought a longer charger cord that is reliable? I was browsing on Amazon and a lot of the non-Sony brand 10 feet cords have horrible reviews. (mostly 1 stars)

I bought a 10 ft Energizer PS3 cord years ago, and it is still working great. Unfortunately the PS3 controllers have a different connection, so I can't use it for my PS4 controller. I would like a 10 ft cord so I can charge the controller while I play.

Speaking of low battery life, has anyone bought a longer charger cord that is reliable? I was browsing on Amazon and a lot of the non-Sony brand 10 feet cords have horrible reviews. (mostly 1 stars)

I bought a 10 ft Energizer PS3 cord years ago, and it is still working great. Unfortunately the PS3 controllers have a different connection, so I can't use it for my PS4 controller. I would like a 10 ft cord so I can charge the controller while I play.
What I recommend is to just get a decent male to female USB extension cord. Then you can use the extension cord with any USB based system to (XB360, PS3, XBO, PS4) to extend the length of the OEM cord.

What I recommend is to just get a decent male to female USB extension cord. Then you can use the extension cord with any USB based system to (XB360, PS3, XBO, PS4) to extend the length of the OEM cord.
Thx for the suggestion. I'll give this a try! The extension reviews seem way more reliable.

Grabbed one also but then I asked myself is it even worth grabbing 4 controllers? Seems like it's hard nowadays to find good local multiplayer games.

Seriously considering this especially with the $5 off coupon i have for mobile app...but already have 2 controllers and rarely 3 people playing any game at a time other than possibly Diablo. Can anyone talk me into it? lol

Hmmm I have 2 controllers and rarely use both, but I'm also going to get a Playstation TV so not sure if I should get one now for that

I was going to grab one but then realized that those controllers are probably the old model with the bad thumb stick rubbers on them. Not going to risk it. I will wait for the newer colored versions of the DS4, they will also be on sale soon and will have the better newer thumb stick rubbers on them. Tough deal to pass up on though, $39.99 is a good deal. Oh well.

I was going to grab one but then realized that those controllers are probably the old model with the bad thumb stick rubbers on them. Not going to risk it. I will wait for the newer colored versions of the DS4, they will also be on sale soon and will have the better newer thumb stick rubbers on them. Tough deal to pass up on though, $39.99 is a good deal. Oh well.
How can you tell them apart? Are there any "new" black ones out there?

How can you tell them apart? Are there any "new" black ones out there?
There are newer black DS4's with the new improved Thumbstick rubbers on them, but it is hit or miss as to which one you might get, there are still plenty of the old models out there with the bad thumbstick rubbers on them. So you have to be lucky to get the newer black model. There is no guarantee that you will get the newer version of the DS4 sent to you. The new colored DS4's however all have the new thumbstick rubbers on them.

There are newer black DS4's with the new improved Thumbstick rubbers on them, but it is hit or miss as to which one you might get, there are still plenty of the old models out there with the bad thumbstick rubbers on them. So you have to be lucky to get the newer black model. There is no guarantee that you will get the newer version of the DS4 sent to you. The new colored DS4's however all have the new thumbstick rubbers on them.
Damn. I almost got a blue one too.

Is there really no visual different or change in packaging?

bread's done
Back