Retron 5 just stopped working.

Marbles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
As of right now as I am posting this my Retron 5 has stopped working.

When I turn on the system, and switch the TV over to the HDMI port it is connected to, there is no signal detected.

All of the lights in the front of the console are on and are staying on, where only the light of the current game system being used should be the only active light.

Has anyone ran into this problem?
I have contacted Hyperkin,but I am still waiting on their reply.

One of mine was defective out of the box. There CSR took 2-3 days for an initial troubleshooting response and another 2-3 days to offer a replacement upon return. Look forward to paying return shipping

One of mine was defective out of the box. There CSR took 2-3 days for an initial troubleshooting response and another 2-3 days to offer a replacement upon return. Look forward to paying return shipping
Could be the HDMI cord.

I tested the cord with my other consoles, it's not working in any of them.

Could be the HDMI cord.

I tested the cord with my other consoles, it's not working in any of them.
That would be a good place to start. I haven't heard many problems like yours where it worked fine then stopped working... most people who had problems had them from the start

That would be a good place to start. I haven't heard many problems like yours where it worked fine then stopped working... most people who had problems had them from the start
Changed to a new HDMI cord... working fine now.
I use the same cord for my WII U and Retron, switching it out when I want to play either console since they are my least played.

I don't really trust HDMI switches for some reason.

I haven't had good luck with HDMI switches... The weird drm stuff they put into HDMI makes switches act all screwy. I just swap the cables from behind my TV. 

I like HDMI Switches.

1- Media Laptop (m11x)

2- Xbox Channel (Xbox One with Xbox 360 E Plugged in)

3- Playstation Channel (PS4 and PS3 on auto switch)

4- Wii U

Workes great.  Just irritating that the Wii U doesn't have a Toslink out.

I have tried several switches over the years, and have been hit or miss. I just upgraded my receiver a few months ago....so I just went from 3 inputs to 6. No more problem, for now.

I have tried several switches over the years, and have been hit or miss. I just upgraded my receiver a few months ago....so I just went from 3 inputs to 6. No more problem, for now.
I just usually switch the ends.
I am more worried about swapping component cables due to a problem years ago where the contacts on the tv came loose..

But that was an old 20inch CRT 20yrs ago.... (and now I feel old)

I like HDMI Switches.

1- Media Laptop (m11x)

2- Xbox Channel (Xbox One with Xbox 360 E Plugged in)

3- Playstation Channel (PS4 and PS3 on auto switch)

4- Wii U

Workes great. Just irritating that the Wii U doesn't have a Toslink out.
TOSLINK OUT?

I'm glad it is working for you. I myself really want one and will be getting one at some point since I need to build my retro collection again. But yeah, you have to check them HDMI cables on other devices just to make sure. Had a same thing happen with my 360. Switched the HDMI to a blu-ray player and that's how I found out I needed a new HDMI. Thank goodness they're fairly cheap. 

bread's done
Back