Amazon UK import & Infamous 1st Light

Kurosaki-san

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (100%)
I never ordered off Amazon UK before, but I want to import Infamous: First Light since it's has disc based version. The total comes out to be £18.16 (including the postage & packing). My question is will I have to pay any import fee or anything? Also will I be able to use an Amazon GC for payment? I know the PS4 is region free,  but will playing this title on my NA PSN account will the trophies on my history?

Customs fees are up to chance if they're only using governmental postal service (ie, UK's Royal Mail to USA's USPS). If customs inspects a package, they could decide to charge you a fee. Apparently, they ignore packages with smaller declared values. I've purchased many items from Europe but never once had a customs fee charged and I've purchased items that cost upwards of 80 GBP. I doubt they'll bother with something that's under 20GBP. 

You can't use US Amazon credit/giftcards on Amazon UK. 

Game and trophies will play/work just as any other game. The issue is usually with DLC, which doesn't apply here. If you want DLC for the European version of a game, you'll need to buy it/install it from the European PSN store (using a European PSN account). But once it's downloaded/installed, you can go back and play it on your NA account. 

Unless they've changed recently, Amazon UK won't ship video games to the U.S.
Amazon UK will ship some games to the US. They started sometime in 2013 and back then, they shipped pretty much anything to the US but now, it seems like they only ship some games to the US.... not sure how that's determined.

Amazon UK will ship some games to the US. They started sometime in 2013 and back then, they shipped pretty much anything to the US but now, it seems like they only ship some games to the US.... not sure how that's determined.

Well then, that's good to know. It's been a couple of years since I tried to order some games off of Amazon UK. At the time, their FAQs said that games wouldn't ship to the U.S. The more you know!

Man, why does the UK always get these cool standalone physical releases (like R&C: Quest for Booty on PS3)? I'm sure there'd be at least some demand for them here in the US too.

bread's done
Back