2nd day   13.99
next day   20.99

40 buck item
normal free
2nd day  is  11.99
next day is 14.99

you would think  2nd and next day would be the same for anything 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah? You think it costs the same amount of money to ship a DVD 2nd day or Next day as it does a laptop?
Those are both Video games..

one is a 8 buck video game while the other is a 40 buck video game....and they are both vita games /

by the way amazon does and YES if you pick up a FLAT RATE BOX at the post office YES it would cost the same to ship a DVD or LAPTOP

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are both Video games..

one is a 8 buck video game while the other is a 40 buck video game....and they are both vita games /

by the way amazon does and YES if you pick up a FLAT RATE BOX at the post office YES it would cost the same to ship a DVD or LAPTOP
Except a DVD and Laptop would fit in different sized (i.e. different rates) flat rate mailers.

You certainly wouldn't fit a laptop into any of the $5 flat rate mailers and most likely wouldn't be able to safely fit it in the medium sized (~$10) boxes either.

Here's an idea though... get your spending up... and you'll get free shipping on everything

Except a DVD and Laptop would fit in different sized (i.e. different rates) flat rate mailers.

You certainly wouldn't fit a laptop into any of the $5 flat rate mailers and most likely wouldn't be able to safely fit it in the medium sized (~$10) boxes either.

Here's an idea though... get your spending up... and you'll get free shipping on everything
really though have they always charged different like this. Dont see why they would charge 21 bucks for a 8 buck video game but 15 bucks for a 40 buck video game when its the same item.

OP, as they have for years, Best Buy matches Amazon's free shipping policy. It used to be any order over $25 shipped free, now it's any over $35. Obviously, the discounts on expedited are part of you having earned a shipping benefit by trying to buy something over $35.

people  seem to be missing the point

I can order a  8 buck game on amazon or a  15 buck game on amazon and the shipping is the same

best buy  as you can see   a  8 buck game is different then a 40 buck game.  Its the same freaking thing  so why would 2 day shipping be 5 bucks more 

I think you're missing the point, but I can see yours. The reason it's different is the normal shipping it's free after spending over a certain amount, but really it's discounted. You also earn a discount on the quicker shipping too.

Try making a post in the Best Buy forum to see what's up with the shipping.  I can only think of some causes,

1) Shipping system is bugged

2) Shipping is based on the distance between the warehouse that has the item and your address

- item 1 is located in farther away warehouse then Item 2

3) I have never seen flat rate boxes sent to my house by Best Buy

bread's done
Back