Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD] PS4 Destiny Bundle + Extra Controller (white) + Gold Wireless Headset (white) $518.50 at B&H Photo

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 MetalMan

MetalMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

Edit: Looks like they have increased the price and added shipping. Deal is dead.

http://www.bhphotovi...with_white.html

1077994.jpg

#2 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

crap...I just went out tonight and bought a $200 best buy gift card to have enought GCs to pay my system off.

I am using a movers coupon at BB so this deal is basically getting a controller free.

At BB with movers, itd be 573 including but B&h doesnt earn me RZ or Elite. I am sticking with BB i guess

(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#3 potatowheelchair

potatowheelchair

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:38 PM

Ummm great deal!  Thanks OP!!

I have a jet black PS4, was already going to buy the game, controller and headset...  That makes the white console like $288.  I might even make some money on the upgrade!

#4 Undertaker415

Undertaker415

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

I'm guessing no major retailer would price match this bundle?

#5 lectersvictim

lectersvictim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

sucks for me since i have to pay tax in NY, but its like getting the headset for free. Which is a great deal in my book. Thanks OP.

#6 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

Childish CAGbino

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:10 PM

Every time I see this white console, all I think about it dirt on the controller and the console turning SNES-yellow. May be irrational, but I'd prefer to stick with black. Not racist though. Some of my best systems were white.

Posted Image

#7 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

Dayum, thats a banging good deal....do they charge right away or before they ship?

Edit never mind it showed me when it would be charged when I clicked on the pre-order.

Woooooo no tax....damnit I was banking on no deals on this system so I would be using my GS credit =(

:3ds: : ---   :psp: : Messing around with the PS TV

:br: / :dvd:  : ---

:pc: : 

:wiiu: : Hyrule Warriors    :xb1: : ---   

:ps4: : Destiny/TLoU/TWD S1/Minecraft/The Legend of Korra

#8 SolarUxie

SolarUxie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

Wow. This definitely sways me into getting the destiny bundle now.
Posted Image

#9 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:33 PM

An authorization for this product will be processed upon placing the order. Your order will only be charged at time of shipment

#10 potatowheelchair

potatowheelchair

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

Ordered this morning and they charged my PayPal at the time of the order.  Credit card purchases say that they will be charged at time of shipment.

Chat support says they still plan to ship Sept. 9th.

Thanks again OP!!

#11 Ashlla

Ashlla

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

I know best buy price matches B&H normally, I wonder if they would match this...

Edit: though even with a movers coupon it wouldn't be that much cheaper b/c of tax

#12 MetalMan

MetalMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

I know best buy price matches B&H normally, I wonder if they would match this...

They don't typically price match bundles.

#13 Cosmit

Cosmit

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

I confirmed order to check out and they upped the price to almost $600. Yikes! Deal is no more I guess. I wonder if it was a pricing mistake or if it was a limited time deal. If it was a mistake we'll see if they honor it. It warned me the price went up so I didn't go through with the order. What shame! All because I took too long to place the order!

#14 young chi

young chi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

I'm seeing $594 as the price. Deal dead?

#15 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

Looks like they upped the price and included shipping. 

#16 Ashlla

Ashlla

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

Damn that hurts

#17 Lgndryhr

Lgndryhr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

Deal gone. Guessing a price mistake.

#18 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:51 PM

Fudge!!! I didn't see this until now. Man that was a heck of a deal if they honored it

#19 potatowheelchair

potatowheelchair

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

Paid with PayPal which was an instant payment of $518.50.

No emails yet...

Crossing fingers!! :)

#20 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:44 PM

I paid by credit card, I hope they still honor it though. 

#21 MetalMan

MetalMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

They are pretty reputable and have great customer service. I would be surprised if they didn't honor existing orders. My PayPal charge went through already as well so that may help lock it in so they don't have to deal with any refunds.

#22 potatowheelchair

potatowheelchair

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:08 PM

Yep, that's exactly what I am thinking... :)

#23 Shepherd

Shepherd

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

Looks like my order went through as well. This was an awesome deal for people who were able to order it. Thanks for sharing, MetalMan!

#24 MetalMan

MetalMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:05 PM

I talked to them again today and they said they were getting an in-stock update from Sony this afternoon for the headsets that are holding these orders up. I guess September 25 may be that date. They refused to ship items separately since it's a bundle and they won't swap the headset out for a black one. I'm cancelling my order, unfortunately.

#25 potatowheelchair

potatowheelchair

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:09 PM

I just received my system and controller :)  I have been talking to them as well and got them to send my the System bundle and Controller first before they got the headset in.

They just updated my order and it looks like the headset is about to ship too...

Thanks Metal for the post!  Did you end up cancelling?

#26 ACEX2

ACEX2

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:46 PM

All my items got shipped today!! I will be selling destiny and the headset.

Thanks op

#27 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:50 PM

It looks like they shipped my order today.

I think I'm receiving two different packages though.

#28 Shepherd

Shepherd

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:23 PM

Called them twice today and they still cannot tell me when any of my items will be shipped. It was basically "look we don't know when we will get them in stock, could be this week or sometime in October. You should stop calling and just wait." Worst customer service ever!

For you guys who are getting the bundle in separate shipments, how do you get them to do that? I was told they absolutely cannot ship the items separately since it's a bundle. 

#29 Savo22

Savo22

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:52 PM

Called them twice today and they still cannot tell me when any of my items will be shipped. It was basically "look we don't know when we will get them in stock, could be this week or sometime in October. You should stop calling and just wait." Worst customer service ever!

For you guys who are getting the bundle in separate shipments, how do you get them to do that? I was told they absolutely cannot ship the items separately since it's a bundle. 

It seems to be random whether they will ship them separately or not. Me and a couple of the other people who ordered the bundle just asked and the customer service representative was fine with it. They removed the headset from my order and created a separate order for it, so you might try again with a different representative.

I talked to them again today since they told me last week they'd ship it on Thursday and that didn't end up happening. They told me the console (and I assume the controller) will ship today, but that remains to be seen...

Edit: They finally shipped my console and the controller today, and it should be here by Thursday. No idea when they'll ship the headset, but I don't really care at this point.