Super Smash Bros 3DS $36.99 shipped

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878190363

I had a $10 coupon so I got this for $26.99 woot woot!
Always hated "used a $x gift card so I got it for $x!" No, you still got it for that original price. That $10 could have been used on something else, so if you regularly shop at BB, it's more akin to straight up cash. It's like saying "I used a $10 bill so I got it for $27!" The ONLY way you could use that statement was that if there was a coupon for $10 ONLY to be used for that game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Always hated "used a $x gift card so I got it for $x!" No, you still got it for that original price. That $10 could have been used on something else, so if you regularly shop at BB, it's more akin to straight up cash. It's like saying "I used a $10 bill so I got it for $27!" The ONLY way you could use that statement was that if there was a coupon for $10 ONLY to be used for that game.

Who peed in your cereal? I said coupon, you retard. Do you know how to read? Do you know how coupons work? I paid $26.99 out of pocket with cash. The coupon isn't cash, can't be transferred, and would have expired on Sunday.

For those without Newegg coupon, BBY GCU might be slightly cheaper
And K-Mart SYWR is a better option still..... so long as you are willing to deal with K-Mart.

Though these days I'd rather try to deal with K-Mart than Best Buy. And I'd take both over Newegg.

Last edited:
Who peed in your cereal? I said coupon, you retard. Do you know how to read? Do you know how coupons work? I paid $26.99 out of pocket with cash. The coupon isn't cash, can't be transferred, and would have expired on Sunday.
Wow, do you have to be so insulting? And I assume he is annoyed that you didn't post a link to this coupon so that we might all partake..... I know that's what I thought.

I think you're missing the overall point. First - your $10 coupon is the equivilant of a gift card, as it can be used to purchase other things. So, no, you didn't get it for $28, because now you are minus $10 in Newegg money, meaning that next time you have to purchase something from Newegg, you'll have to use your own $10, not the coupon.

I was mainly speaking to the fact that a lot of people I know start off a shopping story with "Yeah, I got it for $30." and of course I'm like "What? WHERE?!" And then when they say "Oh, it was $30 after using $10 credit" I say "Oh, so you didn't fucking get it for $30 then." Because that $10 had to be incurred. Now you don't have $10. So you still spent a total of $40. Not a difficult concept to grasp. Again, you could only have gotten it for $28 if it doesnt involve you giving something up.

If I use my $50 gamestop gift card to purchase a $20 game, i don't go around even whispering the word "free." No, I tell them I got it for $20 because that'ts how much the game retails for.

"Who peed in your cereal?" implies that I'm angry. I'm not at all. Experessing a distaste for something =/= angry.

Man, someone's cranky. Fresh poopy diaper?

I disagree if it was actually an actual coupon that is gotten for free (i.e. say a promo code for $10 off $40 and you buy something for $41, then yes, you payed $31).

But it's a huuuuuuge pet peeve when people have, say, return credit or trade in credit or whatever and say they got it for whatever after said credit. If you have to trade in two games to buy something at $30, then NO YOU DID NOT get it for $30. You got it for $30 AND TWO GAMES (which probably cost you a lot more than the $20 or whatever you saved).

That guy is always trolling. I have no idea how he hasn't been banned yet. OP is 100% clear. He didn't post anything about the coupon in the title to mislead anyone. It was his coupon and he got it for that price combined with the deal he posted.

Hopefully, a mod will come down here, ban Ucan and we can move on.

No, I kind of get it though. If you had a gift card that someone gave you for your birthday, or Christmas, and thanks to that you got something for less money out of pocket, that's cool, that's a nice thing for you, but it's completely irrelevant when talking about deals since it isn't something anyone else reading could benefit from themselves.

I think you're missing the overall point. First - your $10 coupon is the equivilant of a gift card, as it can be used to purchase other things. So, no, you didn't get it for $28, because now you are minus $10 in Newegg money, meaning that next time you have to purchase something from Newegg, you'll have to use your own $10, not the coupon.

I was mainly speaking to the fact that a lot of people I know start off a shopping story with "Yeah, I got it for $30." and of course I'm like "What? WHERE?!" And then when they say "Oh, it was $30 after using $10 credit" I say "Oh, so you didn't fucking get it for $30 then." Because that $10 had to be incurred. Now you don't have $10. So you still spent a total of $40. Not a difficult concept to grasp. Again, you could only have gotten it for $28 if it doesnt involve you giving something up.

If I use my $50 gamestop gift card to purchase a $20 game, i don't go around even whispering the word "free." No, I tell them I got it for $20 because that'ts how much the game retails for.

"Who peed in your cereal?" implies that I'm angry. I'm not at all. Experessing a distaste for something =/= angry.

Man, someone's cranky. Fresh poopy diaper?
no, you're wrong, so shut up. coupon and gift card are u different things. coupon has an expiration date you monkey. i like how all your examples say gift card of cash lmao, go drink some milk from your moms teet

No, I kind of get it though. If you had a gift card that someone gave you for your birthday, or Christmas, and thanks to that you got something for less money out of pocket, that's cool, that's a nice thing for you, but it's completely irrelevant when talking about deals since it isn't something anyone else reading could benefit from themselves.
he can talk about whatever he likes to talk about. he's the op and he owns this thread and he owns u

That guy is always trolling. I have no idea how he hasn't been banned yet. OP is 100% clear. He didn't post anything about the coupon in the title to mislead anyone. It was his coupon and he got it for that price combined with the deal he posted.

Hopefully, a mod will come down here, ban Ucan and we can move on.
dafuq would I get banned for? Making you mad? Making a disagreeable (to you) opinion?

no, you're wrong, so shut up. coupon and gift card are u different things. coupon has an expiration date you monkey. i like how all your examples say gift card of cash lmao, go drink some milk from your moms teet
some coupons don't expire. Some gift cards do expire. So yes, other than being two different words, they are virtually the same thing. And clearly more than a few people agree with me here.

it's basic economics - giving up something to get something else for $30 simply means you didn't get it for $30, although you and the OP imply the opposite

"no you're wrong. Shut up."
Big man on campus. You're so popular because you contribute OP's regularly and are sooo hilarious with them. So you have the license to respond like a complete douchebag. How wonderful for you. I hope to be propped on that pedestal of yours one day.

I figured i'd chime in and say, if you have a coupon that you paid nothing for, or did nothing to achieve, then it counts as a "I got this for only that much due to this', but if you had to do something like buy tons of stuff, a gift card, or some other thing to earn it, then it can range from sketchy logic to outright being wrong.

So, I got a 5 dollar reward certificate from BB and used it on a 30 dollar item, so it was only 25, isn't really the same as using a birthday coupon from gamestop to save 20 percent on any game, because I can use that coupon multiple times, did nothing to get it, etc.

Thanks for the heads up on the deal, i'd be tempted to grab it if I did not have the unlocked membership on BB.

I got the coupon from Newegg because I hadn't purchased from them for a while. They sent me a coupon saying, "We miss you long time... $10 for you. Come back" 

And UcanSUKtheFac, SHUT YO FACE. I own this thread. Clown. 

Well, I have no coupons or a Best Buy GCU subscription, so this discount will have to do. The game is for less than the retail price and I paid no tax and no shipping.

bread's done
Back